Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Drawings here.

Those are pretty much all of my drawings to date. I have a lot that I've lost over the years, but these are the ones I still have and have done somewhat recently. Hopefully you can tell which are newer and which are older. If not, the ones in pen are generally newer, while the colored ones are generally older. The pencil ones are either new or in between. The most recent one is the unfinished face and the picture on the black duo tang of the girl and the forest road.

I'm basically looking for some critique and pointers. I know I need to work on anatomy more. My male anatomy is s**t, but female is more what I'm focused on. What's good practice? How can I get better at drawing dynamic poses? What are good ways to practice drawing heads in different positions? How can I learn to draw fantasy action poses better? Weapons are a bit of a concern, and attire, but I'd probably just reference them from pictures.

Anyway, any help is appreciated. And if you like any of my drawings be sure to let me know as well. smile

Tipsy Loiterer

if you have a facebook, look up drawing pages. They generally have cycles of new pictures every day that you can use in your sketchbook.

And get a sketchbook, something you feel comfortable carrying with you all the time. Sketch everything. Don't discriminate. Even if the scene in front of you doesn't fit your preferred style, the act of drawing actually helps you in all areas.
Exactly what PassionsFolly said-- Draw what you see! It's a great exercise.
As for people drawings, sketch out proportions with pencil first. It'll help you map out the end product. proportions are key!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff