Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok. Hopefully this is the place to do this.

The Story: So I just got back into drawing very recently. A friend mentioned that she needed to get back into it as well. I issued a challenge to see which one of us could fill up their sketch pad first. The challenge was accepted. So here we are.

The challengers: Simon Salomon vs Deek

How it work: We will be using the thread here to post what we draw and keep track of each others progress. Feel free to comment and critique if you want. I am working off a 70 pages sketchbook (7 of which were already used up). To keep things even, Deek will aim for that same number. Her sketch book have fewer pages so by the end the goal of completing one should be achieved by both of us.

LET IT BEGIN!
The score : Salomon 19/63 ; Deek 6/63

Galleries : Deek and I have set up galleries in DeviantArt. We will keep on posting our drawings on this thread but figured it would be nice for newcomers to find all our drawings in one convenient location instead of having to pour through pages and pages of posts to find them all.

Deek's race gallery
Salomon's race gallery

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

emotion_bigheart You two are awesome.
Ginn Rummy
emotion_bigheart You two are awesome.
And incidentally yours will be the first drawing to appear on this thread... unless Deek post something first.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Well, I know that we said that there wasn't a set thing to draw but how finished are we talking? Are we saying fully colored? Or can it just be a finished indepth sketch? (obviously not a simple doodle since that seems like cheating. XD)

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

Yay for me! heart
Deek
Well, I know that we said that there wasn't a set thing to draw but how finished are we talking? Are we saying fully colored? Or can it just be a finished indepth sketch? (obviously not a simple doodle since that seems like cheating. XD)
I think a well fleshed out sketch would suffice. I you want to have an idea of what I have been doing, I've posted all three drawings I did recently at the Institute.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Simon Salomon
Deek
I think a well fleshed out sketch would suffice. I you want to have an idea of what I have been doing, I've posted all three drawings I did recently at the Institute.
Sounds good to me!

Already starting a sketch. Not sure where I'm going with it but shapes are wanting to go down.
Deek
Simon Salomon
Deek
Sounds good to me!

Already starting a sketch. Not sure where I'm going with it but shapes are wanting to go down.
I think I'm in trouble already. xd
Luckily there is nothing really at stakes here.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Simon Salomon
Deek
Simon Salomon
Deek
Sounds good to me!

I think I'm in trouble already. xd
Luckily there is nothing really at stakes here.

Nah, I'll likely take a lot of time. xd but yeah, it's just for fun.

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
good luck you two ^^ never saw a sketch off before
Woohoo. First to post. Here we go.
User Image
/subscribed

In regards to the whole "the one who fills their sketchbook first wins", are you doing it with a set number of pages (like the first to complete 50 avi sketches) to make sure it's even?
~ Aki - Fairy ~
/subscribed

In regards to the whole "the one who fills their sketchbook first wins", are you doing it with a set number of pages (like the first to complete 50 avi sketches) to make sure it's even?
Well I'm working off a 70 page sketchbook and this was page 8 up there. Deek as a bunch of them. She'll look for one with about the same number of page. It doesn't have to be the exact same number.
Simon Salomon
~ Aki - Fairy ~
/subscribed

Well I'm working off a 70 page sketchbook and this was page 8 up there. Deek as a bunch of them. She'll look for one with about the same number of page. It doesn't have to be the exact same number.

Okay... So long as you guys are keeping it even (not really worried in this case, since you've been friends so long, but in the event that others get the idea) - it wouldn't be fair if one was trying to fill a 90-page book, and one a 30-page (unless the lesser amount was doing it with a lot more detail/precision/effort [1 drawing/day] and the one with more was doing 3 quick sketches a day)
Woohoo. And Simon takes the lead. I might start spending too much time drawing now. I'll have to be careful.

User Image

And also, Happy birthday Ameroth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas