Welcome to Gaia! ::

really want to improve my shading, so I experimented with it on this picture. But you can't really tell where the light source is coming from ^^;; If you have any advice, CC, etc on the picture [the wings especially], please let me know! I really need to improve >w< As well, he's supposed to be missing his right eye, but I'm not sure on how to make it look like it's "missing." [Any advice?]
And if someone could do a drawover to point out any anatomy problems, that would be greatly appreciated!! ^^
Thanks!

User Image

DeviantART link:: click here onegai!! =D
I like the pose, and the wings. The face is nice too. Cant wait to see the finsihed product!!! the only thing that jumps out is that his sleeve for his right arm is a little to curvy for my taste, but you may like it. That's up to you.
Cloud the Holy
I like the pose, and the wings. The face is nice too. Cant wait to see the finsihed product!!! the only thing that jumps out is that his sleeve for his right arm is a little to curvy for my taste, but you may like it. That's up to you.

^^ thankyou! About the sleeve for his right arm, do you mean the top of it is too curvy? If so, yea it's been bothering me too = w =;;

Wheezing Gekko

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
  • Profitable 100
Wow, nice little red [X] you have there sweatdrop Try photobucket.com instead of geocites (you've exceeded your allotted data transfer).
shaku-chan
Wow, nice little red [X] you have there sweatdrop Try photobucket.com instead of geocites (you've exceeded your allotted data transfer).

>w<;; auughhh Geocities sucks =/ But added the deviantart link there. sweatdrop
but yea,.. I think i'll try photobucket!

Wheezing Gekko

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
  • Profitable 100
U+K+e
shaku-chan

>w<;; auughhh Geocities sucks =/ But added the deviantart link there. sweatdrop
but yea,.. I think i'll try photobucket!

Still, I would suggest you take up an account with photobucket.com. I just recently joined it myself, and I'm quite satisfied ^___^

PS/Edit: (forgot to say this before...) I'm commenting with my DA account (same username...you can't miss me)
this looks like it's coming out well, but for me it helps if i sketch out the pose and get the lines down before i start shading (just incase i wanted to change something it makes it easier). then again if what your doing works (and it looks like it to me) dont let me change it.
PS i really like your style alot (kinda reminds me of FSc).
i like it and i hope to see it finished
Omegaus
this looks like it's coming out well, but for me it helps if i sketch out the pose and get the lines down before i start shading (just incase i wanted to change something it makes it easier). then again if what your doing works (and it looks like it to me) dont let me change it.
PS i really like your style alot (kinda reminds me of FSc).

^^ Sankyuu for the advice! Auughh I can't believe I didn't think of doing that.. >w<;; But I'll be sure to do that next time =D Planning just makes things that much easier, doesn't it? =D Anyways, arigato once again!!
Btw, what's FSc? x3;; You've got me interested lol. Thanks for the comment!!! whee

hotnes69
i like it and i hope to see it finished

Thanks!! ^^ Nyaaa~ I hope I have time to finish it x3;;
i really dont care where the light source is coming from because i think that shading is great i like how you shade the wings biggrin
I can tell you all the errors and problems to fix if you post in my commenting thread! I comment all art so you can post all the pics you want and I will C&C.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5613675
here's the thread. KARASUKI_DOOM COMMENTING THREAD!
Comme if you want to know.
What is up wit the triple post!!!... do I get more money....
Triple post again... sorry! sweatdrop

Anxious Prophet

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Citizen 200
The left eye creeps me out...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash