Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is where I'll be posting my non-gaia stuff, eg personal WIPs, Studies, and sketches.

I've gotten to a point where I'm kind of unhappy with where I am in art and really want to move on to the next level. Compliments are appreciated, but I'm especially looking for constructive crits from anyone willing to give them , like the title says; tear me apart :'D.

top: 45 min-ish still life of a neat pour-er thing I found lying around
bottom: 90min still of some tic tacs, fudged the text since it wasn't the focus
User Image
User Image
Tried painting an egg today~
edges could have been a little crisper now that I look back
User Image

Edit:
WIP of some harpies
User Image
I got showered with homework today, so I didn't have much time to draw D:
B&W study of a screw~
User Image

mawaharin's Husbando

Dapper Dabbler

Your paintings. They are brilliant and magnificent.
      As for criticism, are you looking for more general comments, or comments on each separate piece?

Off the top of my head, in the first painting of the cup-thing, I can't tell whether or not it's empty. So perhaps cleaner shading inside the thing.
      The Tic Tac box looks fantastic, and the clear plastic looks so cool that I can't even. The only thing that pops up for that one is that the label looks incomplete and lacking compared to the rest of the box.
      I can't think of any crits for the harpie piece, but I'll say that it looks freakin' awesome and super dynamic.
      Lastly, the screw has wonderful shading. It just looks somewhat bent.

Hopefully that's the kind of critique you're looking for.
      I don't really critique much, but your thread was so empty that I thought it was a shame, so I had to say something. xD
Prinzack

Thanks so much for the feed back! It's really helpful and I'm glad you enjoyed them, I'll have to make sure I pay closer attention to details. Also, thanks for the company ^^
I'm looking for pretty much anything so long as it's constructive, whether it be about something I continuously get wrong, or something that's off in a certain piece.

Just a doodle to relax a bit, will lighten it up eventually. Inspired by the view from my math class, or the lack of thereof.
User Image

mawaharin's Husbando

Dapper Dabbler

No problem, and I'll try to stick around some more. xD
      I kinda float back and forth between this forum and the CB.

In the newest WIP you just posted, I think the thing that sticks most is that I feel like there would be more light reflecting off of the person, given the amount of light shining through the window.

Dapper Noob

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
The only critique I can give is... well...the egg needs to be scrambled.
Aurasong

They wouldn't have lasted long enough for me to paint them~

*Breaking my own rules*
A commission for Aurasong of her OC, Cerough, ( Does she wear gloves? also, what color are her eyes? I forget D: ) and something I made for kicks
User Image

User Image

Dapper Noob

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
candid silence

1) She does not wear gloves
2) Her eyes are black
Looks great so far.
Prinzack

Argh, sorry for not replying sooner D:
Thanks for the feedback, I see what you mean. I'll be sure to fix it soon as I can. ^^

My laptop died on me and I'm stuck with my ancient desktop with an equally ancient monitor, so I won't be able to draw any worthwhile color studies for at least a week, nor will I be able to continue any WIPs.
SO, here are some doodles of an OC and some of the better 30 sec. figures I did instead c:
User Image

Dapper Noob

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
Paaallllly~

Can I keep him? I swear I'll take good care of him. D:
Aurasong

Only if I get to have Aoiji ;D

A quick landscape thing.
User Image

Dapper Noob

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
Okay, trade then. >D
Aurasong

FFFFFF never. I love Paladin too much <:

More landscapes, practicing atmospheric perspective.
User Image
User Image
Double posting today~
Test comic for [this].
Even robots get bored after digging holes for dead people all day.

User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas