Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a couple of works in progress that I haven't gotten around to finishing. I feel like I'm stuck, like I just need some pointers to get me going in the right direction. Feel free to be completely honest (in a polite and constructive way, of course).

User Image
Fanart for Chaotic-Muffin on dA

User Image
Great color choice! I'm especially diggin' that first one. Really great. I'm a fan of subtlety, but what I think is really hurting the first one is your background color. It's such a saturated blue that it really overwhelms and flattens the dull, neutral colors you've got in the figure. So I'd push back that saturation on the background, and possibly even bring it up a bit in the foreground.

The second one is a little confusing. I'm not sure what the hand is doing. I assume it's got something to do with the glasses, but it isn't very well communicated. I would have the hand actually interacting with the glasses if it were my piece.
I'm also put off by the dazed, sort of absent look in the eyes. Putting the pupil right in the center of the eye tends to give that feel, I think. Makes the eye look unfocused.

But damn, that's a nice style you've got. Love that traditional, painterly look. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff