Welcome to Gaia! ::

I drew this observing a mini-statue my grandma bought... I drew it at nigh with only the glimpses of light from the TV while my big sis watched Ghost Ship. And if it totaly sux, really srry, but im not an expert and im still practicing to get better...User Image

well there it is.... ( i hope) and uhh... those squigly messes by her legs are the folds in her dress cuz she is supposed to be holding her dress as well as the crummy flowers in her hand (which i took no time on, thus the slopiness) and i just cannot get the folds and creases on her dress right..... so its a wavy mess and i didn't like the statues's hair and face so i changed the hair (made it longer...alot longer O_o) and i still have no idea for a pretty face sooo..... comments? constructive critism?

---------------------------------------
EDIT
I tried my hand at a bit of shading... what do ya think?
User Image
Well I think that it is too long for the size of the head. The added shading helps but you could do a lot more with the shading all at the same time. Show what is further away by making it darker and what is closer by what is ligher. For instance, the folds of her clothing should be shown in gradients from dark, which is farthest back, and light, which is farthest forward.

Hope that helps some...
Godon
Well I think that it is too long for the size of the head. The added shading helps but you could do a lot more with the shading all at the same time. Show what is further away by making it darker and what is closer by what is ligher. For instance, the folds of her clothing should be shown in gradients from dark, which is farthest back, and light, which is farthest forward.

Hope that helps some...

Thx! That helps alot..... i hope i get more reponses... i need the help sweatdrop
Hello ppl!!! im still open to responses...even thought i posted this like a week or so ago.... not that its the weekend, i might have some time to finish this drawing...
Well, if you update I'll coment again blaugh
The only thing I can say is with folds, from where the squiggles are take the outermost point and give it a line, it makes it look like it comes ahead of the rest, and like he said shading is done in gradents. you have tourble with hands but eveone does so I wont get to antsy about it, and th eflowers, flowers are a msass of shading and curved lines, My word of advice is try not to do to much detail on them until you color/shade the clump.
Onyxblue
The only thing I can say is with folds, from where the squiggles are take the outermost point and give it a line, it makes it look like it comes ahead of the rest, and like he said shading is done in gradents. you have tourble with hands but eveone does so I wont get to antsy about it, and th eflowers, flowers are a msass of shading and curved lines, My word of advice is try not to do to much detail on them until you color/shade the clump.

sweatdrop Yea I never got the hands to my liking so I dicided to leave them any way they would turn out until i finished everything else, when i would get back to fixing them. Thx for the tip on the folds, i will try that.. and the flowers, i planed to do those last anyway. thx alot ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff