Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Conversationalist

iUKE 8D
Your art work is very pretty; I especially love the first and last pictures in your first post. I have a soft spot for anything demon-like X/3

I've never used Sai before, but I sure am curious about it! Would you mind giving me a few facts about it? Things like comparisons between Sai and PS; the pros and cons? ' u'

hello!

first off, thank you so much! i share that love for all that is related to the obscure myself, there's just so much to play with! evil is just very alluring, in a fascinating sense!

and of course, it'd be my pleasure!
    the main differences between SAI and Photoshop would definitely be the linework - and despite being a Photoshop lover, i have absolutely no problem in admitting SAI's lineart is much smoother. i was a little intimidated by it at first, but once you get used to it, you find yourself not wanting to use anything else!
    not to mention SAI is much lighter as a file, so it loads much quicker and just doesn't lag as much; if lag is an issue for you in the first place.

however, SAI is really far-fetched when it comes to features, brush presets, and layer options - which can put someone a bit off since getting brushes and colours and adjustments to look just like you want them can be a very long, exhausting process. in that sort of department, Photoshop takes the trophy by a long shot.
    painting wise, they're both pretty effecient, but SAI takes more patience and time to learn how to use it to its full potential - in my opinion. BUT i do enjoy painting in SAI a little more, to be fairly honest ahaha~

SO, i think they're both must-have programs; SAI for linearts and sketches, and Photoshop for extensive painting and anything that involves some more editing and tweaking.

of course there are other programs like Open Canvas, COREL Painter and the likes.
    i might talk about them somewhere later on. (:

i hope this cleared a few of your doubts! c:

Manly Strawberry

Ah I c! That really helps, and I think I will get it... once I can afford it ^^;

I hope you do get a chance to go over the other programs biggrin

I was wondering, do you partake in art colabs?

iUKE 8D
Ah I c! That really helps, and I think I will get it... once I can afford it ^^;

i'm glad it did! and pshaa, you can just get it online!

well i do have COREL Painter, though i haven't tried it yet, and i've used Open Canvas 1.1 already, so maybe sometime soon!

aaaand i do! not often due to time and work, but i'm always open to the suggestion c:

User Image

yesterday was a very productive evening.
    just came back from a shitty party though, so i'm out to bed.

peace.

Manly Strawberry

dreizehnhound
iUKE 8D

i'm glad it did! and pshaa, you can just get it online!

well i do have COREL Painter, though i haven't tried it yet, and i've used Open Canvas 1.1 already, so maybe sometime soon!

aaaand i do! not often due to time and work, but i'm always open to the suggestion c:

Oh, now I'm going on the hunt XD
Ok, well when ever you get the time, would you like to do a colab... something dealing with demons ;D?

iUKE 8D
Oh, now I'm going on the hunt XD
Ok, well when ever you get the time, would you like to do a colab... something dealing with demons ;D?

haha, lemme know if you need help or anything!
    and sure, that sounds great! i should be able to sometime around the end of this week, but i'll let you know k? ; v ;

Manly Strawberry

Sure thing biggrin

wow, it's been quite a while huh.
    haven't had a lot of opportunities to come on here, with school and personal reasons.

oh well. lets see what's been up lately.

User Image
    latest commission.

User Image
    little fanart doodle for a friend. this cutie was really fun to draw.

User Image
    progress on an art trade. i love badass women.

hey guys! just to let you know i'm doing an auction thread.

if anyone was interested in getting some art from me without having to spend actual cash on it, now's your chance lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff