Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

So I've been fudging around with this for the last week or so. I've redone the head entirely a couple times since it didn't pass the "young pokemon fan" test because I made it entirely too "snapping turtle" and not enough "bear-hippo-cat-turtle... thing"(essentially if it isn't immediately identifiable to a little kid who likes pokemon, it's back to the drawing board), but I'd love some input on anything and everything(especially things like being too light/dark, as I've been recalibrating and adjusting my screen settings in an attempt to curb my habit of "making stuff way too dark" wink

:UPDATE:

Progress has been slow, but there's still progress. I've spent a lot of my time researching turtle, alligator, crocodile, and tortoise scales for the skin, and tossing around ideas on which direction to follow so it's not all been for naught.

Also, I changed the cannons completely, since he's rarely shown with the cannons facing forward(with pointed strait up seemingly the general default).

Some days I really wish I could just let myself cheat haha
Wow that's really impressive o_o I love realistic pokemon drawings!
Very cool my man, very cool indeed. I am not 100% how I feel about the throat? Looks almost a little elongated? That may just be me being picky, excited to see the finished product.

Feral Loiterer

******** yes.

I'd love you forever if you did all three of the starters.....

And now I want to draw pokemon.

Anxious Trash

My jaw is dropped in awe!
The detail on the scales is superb, I LOVE the details you gave his shell. The texture of the skin on his face is unbelievably awesome, completely realistic.
I also love that you didn't make his canons completely strait, they definitely look like they've been a bit worn - amazing.
I don't feel the throat is elongated, like Asthmatic Jester said, but I haven't looked at the anatomy you've looked at.
I also love the lighting here. I have a bright screen, but even so, it doesn't look dark.

The leg that's on the right seems a bit short, or his foot seems a bit high in the picture, compared to the leg on the left. Unless he's walking through the water, and that's the leg that he just stepped off on? (It took me a while to find anything that might need fixing, you're doing an amazing job!)

I cannot wait to see the finished product - keep up the great work!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff