Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Gaian

This is a character I was inventing yesterday, or before yesterday I think. He's not a straight male, if you know what I mean. I cannot say this word here on Gaia because it's not appropriate. He can either work as a underwear model or a regular model. His name can be either Mario or Milo. His age can vary between nineteen or twenty two. His birthday can vary between February or May. Can anyone help me put up his reference info for me please? I've used a photo reference for this sketch, so if you can find some ways that I might need to fix, let me know. Comments and critiques are needed for his body and information. biggrin
User Image

Invisible Phantom

Well first off, you are allowed to say 'gay' on gaia. So long as you aren't describing it in full detail, or using it in an offensive way, it doesn't matter. (It would be rude and offensive to ban such a word, it simply describes people's sexuality.)
Anyways, you're off to a really good start here. The anatomy definitely needs some work, but you drew the abs quite nicely. (I still can't draw abs right...)
His arms and legs are the biggest problems, looking odd and stiff but you're doing good with trying some unique and difficult poses. I would recommend moving his right arm behind his head more. With the way his chest is twisted, his arm should follow.
As for his Bio, that's really only something you can decide. Different people will tell you different things, so you may never get a solid answer on that kind of stuff. It's all just people's opinions.
But so far I like it, keep up the good work.

Interesting Gaian

Igroc
Well first off, you are allowed to say 'gay' on gaia. So long as you aren't describing it in full detail, or using it in an offensive way, it doesn't matter. (It would be rude and offensive to ban such a word, it simply describes people's sexuality.)
Anyways, you're off to a really good start here. The anatomy definitely needs some work, but you drew the abs quite nicely. (I still can't draw abs right...)
His arms and legs are the biggest problems, looking odd and stiff but you're doing good with trying some unique and difficult poses. I would recommend moving his right arm behind his head more. With the way his chest is twisted, his arm should follow.
As for his Bio, that's really only something you can decide. Different people will tell you different things, so you may never get a solid answer on that kind of stuff. It's all just people's opinions.

Thanks for the critique, but one question. How did you know that the arms and legs look so odd? I mean, I try putting muscles on them.

Anyways, thanks. smile
<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg finaly! been trying so hard to figure this out and google isnt much help haha! what is a OC art piece?

Invisible Phantom

lady shanta
Igroc

Thanks for the critique, but one question. How did you know that the arms and legs look so odd? I mean, I try putting muscles on them.

Anyways, thanks. smile

I wouldn't say it's the muscles that make them look odd, just the overall positioning. Like, his torso is slightly twisted, yet the rest of the body doesn't quite follow. If you'd like I could redline it for you, its hard for me to explain.

And I know when things look odd because I spend a lot time studying anatomy and I do plenty of pose practice. I'm by no means an expert, but I do understand basic anatomy.

Interesting Gaian

anger_banger
<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg finaly! been trying so hard to figure this out and google isnt much help haha! what is a OC art piece?

OC: own character.

It's like a character that you've invented in a drawing.
Hope this helps.

Interesting Gaian

Igroc
lady shanta
Igroc

Anyways, thanks. smile

I wouldn't say it's the muscles that make them look odd, just the overall positioning. Like, his torso is slightly twisted, yet the rest of the body doesn't quite follow. If you'd like I could redline it for you, its hard for me to explain.

And I know when things look odd because I spend a lot time studying anatomy and I do plenty of pose practice. I'm by no means an expert, but I do understand basic anatomy.

so it's the positioning that's wrong. Okay then, you can redline it for me as an example.
It looks like you're trying to draw him so we're looking down at him? In which case you shouldn't put it horizontally, because then the mind expects to see the body on it's side, rather than laying down.

Here's a quick redline of the gesture you might be going for. You should do the pose you're looking for yourself or have someone pose for you and maybe take a picture of it.

User Image

Interesting Gaian

VRiosArt
It looks like you're trying to draw him so we're looking down at him? In which case you shouldn't put it horizontally, because then the mind expects to see the body on it's side, rather than laying down.

Here's a quick redline of the gesture you might be going for. You should do the pose you're looking for yourself or have someone pose for you and maybe take a picture of it.

User Image

Thank you for the redline, although I used a reference online. It does look like it's view horizontally.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff