Welcome to Gaia! ::

I tend to draw alot of snake-people characters- I'm throwing this WIP out for some crits:

User Image

Alot of details (eg jewellery etc) and line cleanup are forthcoming..

Primary concerns:
-The woman's (Morgana)'s face
-poses of hands and arms, esp. on Adrian (the guy)
-or anything else you see that bugs you. Remember they're nagas, so "thet have no legs" doesn't count. smile

I got impatent and started colouring a bit, so this here should give you an idea where I'm going with that.

Thanks for any responses in advance!
Looks really good so far, can't wait to see it finished blaugh
That's really cool.

I like the one on the left better.

I agree, the only thing that I notice is the woman's face. I can't say why, though. Maybe too manly? No, that can't be it. I think the face lacks shape. FOr example, there's a definite cheekbone, jawline, chin characteristics on the man's face. If the guy weren't standing right beside her, I probably wouldn't have noticed anything wrong with her face. Her eyes seem a bit close together, too. I think they should be a bit farther apart because compared to the guy's face, she's facing forward more. And her nose seems to be oddly close to her lip. Or maybe that's just fixed by shading?

Goddamn. You have to teach me how you structure your anatomy when you're laying out your drawings.
I agree, it's really good, but there is something about the womans' face. I can't pick out what it is either... But it is still way better than my stuff. 3nodding
Thanks for the comments so far!

I think I've figured out what's wrong with her face.. the line of eyes is off kilter from the rest of her face. Eg. they should be perpendicular to the nose-chin line but they're not.

This is why I draw 3/4 views 90% of the time. gonk

I'll probably move the nose up a bit, too.

Jedio

Goddamn. You have to teach me how you structure your anatomy when you're laying out your drawings.

Thanks very much! sweatdrop I think my anatomy isn't really that amazing.... But I've absorbed some useful things from stuff like the Loomis or Burne Hogarth books.

I'll post an update tomorrow..
For the woman, if the lower lip is bigger than the upper it will result in a manly lip. Also too long eyelashes pointing downward will make it looke like a she-man. The nose could be smaller but might be considered ok depending on how well you edit the rest of the face.
I'm not sure what you mean by "eyelashes pointing downward"? If you're referring to the lines radiating from the bottom from her eyes, those are actually scales (see the above somewhat-coloured pic). Otherwise could you please clarify? You can draw over the pic if you have to.

As for the lips, I may modify them.. Could I get some confirmation from someone else that her lips as they are now look manly?

It's looking like I have to redraw her enture face as it is now anyway..
Kalcia
I'm not sure what you mean by "eyelashes pointing downward"? If you're referring to the lines radiating from the bottom from her eyes, those are actually scales (see the above somewhat-coloured pic). Otherwise could you please clarify? You can draw over the pic if you have to.

As for the lips, I may modify them.. Could I get some confirmation from someone else that her lips as they are now look manly?

It's looking like I have to redraw her enture face as it is now anyway..

Oh didnt notice the skales then, lines were a bit too light :S.Alright i couldnt do fairly well but it might show you a bit about what i meant.

User Image

Just giving the eyes some upper eyelashes [traditional for a femalish look] as well as a smaller nose. If you consider changing the lips, i couldnt do it on this one but i simply didnt draw the upper lip and left the rest of the facial traits boost the feminity of the character. But if you really want to draw them in that style, try using cartoon references they have some of the best lips i know.
Whyy did my post repeat so much? >__o;; *editedit*
Agh >__< *is sorry for the repost...* *edits it out*
Agh! I hate it when things don't post...if my original post shows up after I type this, I'm so very sorry gonk

Anyway, I'm not very good with words, soo...

User Image

Some things I thought looked a bit off was Adrian's right shoulder...it seemed a bit too far back, and Morgana's right arm, which I thought was too far up on the bottom...I drew her tail wider, but that's more a matter of opinion than a mistake.

I don't know if my word is completely trustworthy, but I hope it helps at least a little whee (andand...the colors you have so far look SO awesome D: *lovejealousylove*)
I thought I posted this earlier, but I guess the forum hiccups ate it and made a liar of my edited title.

User Image
Redrawn face.. comments?

Thanks for your comments Dryderin smile
Personally, I think the eyes are fine, cos I've seen so many styles where the eyes aren't spread very far apart...but again, I guess that's just a matter of opinion and preference.

I really...really like her smirk in the update XD *weird* I think the mouth could be a little lower, though~

(Also...may I take this moment to say that I've just finished lurking in your devart gallery, and I absolutely love you? Er. Your art. I mean your art. Of course. *cough* *will most likely stalk you once she gets unlazy enough to sign in*)
Cool. can't wait to see it finished.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces