Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you think this is so far!? :3
One of my first digital art pieces haha biggrin
Please critique me hard! I need tips on the color and etc!
Art

Wheezing Loverboy

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
If you want to be critiqued hard, I shall do that. Your understanding of anatomy is extremely underdeveloped at the moment. I suggest not colouring until you have a sketch that you can solidly work from. It may not be your art style now, but it's the best way to start off so you can see past the colours into the guts of the drawing. Look at your drawing as simple as it can be so you can scope out every detail you need to work on. Look up tutorials and references to get the ideas of how human anatomy works from all angles; stylization should come only after you have an understanding about how it should look.

From what you have so far, there is not a lot to go off of. Your drawing does have a nose, but just barely. No lips, chin, cheeks, brow, etc... This is a tutorial for a beginners look into drawing profiles of faces. Please read it over. There is absolutely no shame as an artist to look up how to draw something, especially if you do not know how.

Everything will start to connect with each other and it can get really overwhelming. Look at lots of tutorials and try to focus on improving part by part. Along with tutorials, reference! Reference from real life before looking at other artists styles. Referencing from other styles can cause you to pick up the flaws that that artist struggles with. Improvement won't occur overnight so be patient, and good luck with practice yum_bacon

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff