Welcome to Gaia! ::

Having an excruciatingly hard time with this.
Any tips on how to improve the structure/anatomy or even add interest/better lighting to the face will REALLY help me out! I'm trying to keep it stylised, but any suggestions will be loved!
Paint on it if you have to! emo heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So f@*$ing done.

*crumples on the floor crying*

No but seriously dude, this is amazing. I don't see anything wrong with the anatomy, though I'd have to see the pose as a whole to know, right now there's a chance that his head is making a neck breaking angle. The piece as a whole is well composed, the right eye is in the center but his arms and the action lines help keep the eye moving. As far as lighting, that all depends on the kind of environment he's in, and this is obviously a story-telling piece, so you got me there. I feel like this is just a crop shot of something bigger you're working on. If I saw the rest I'd have more to go on.
VRiosArt

(I've edited the first post with the full new image!)
Thank you very much! Yes, the body is dramatically contorted and I hope to edit it in a way that it'll look more stylised than....blatantly incorrect. The piece itself is a month or two old so I'm doing a complete re-paint of it.

In this I've messily re-painted the face for a more accurate light source, which I've decided will be the scythe itself. :')

Most people bring up the hand being massive...which I plan on tending to! OTL.
Any other input would be LOVELY! heart
Oh yeah, your awesome rendering skills are hiding your anatomy slip-ups.

Here's something in to think about (you don't have to follow my advice)

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
VRiosArt

Yesssssssss! That really helped me at fixing the flow/composition quite a bit. heart
Thanks a bunch for being such a big help and replying to me even at all VRios!
Oh gawsh, thank you. redface

Invisible Fairy

love it heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out