Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Before you say anything, I am aware of her boobs being pushed up even though there's no support underneath them. I'm debating on fixing this or not because 1. I could put a helpless Gaian in her cleavage as it is currently and 2. fan-service. Other than that, go nuts. o3o

http://sta.sh/01wjik3nsqe8

http://sta.sh/09p2tnl0smg

Sorry, the image is far too big for me to just post. xp

Anxious Gekko

O -O Yo, Ren. The problem I have with it is the underboob, tummy, to hip area, there's no slopes or really defining uh..curve to suggest that there are ribs, and hips? Which, it MAY help with the boobies being a bit high up, you could basically say that the "bra"/strappy thing is keepin them squished and lifted. Much like in some rope bondage art...(hentai. I mean heantai. You just don't see many non-hentai rope bondage characters. No offense..x.x;; )

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Viva La Spirit
O -O Yo, Ren. The problem I have with it is the underboob, tummy, to hip area, there's no slopes or really defining uh..curve to suggest that there are ribs, and hips? Which, it MAY help with the boobies being a bit high up, you could basically say that the "bra"/strappy thing is keepin them squished and lifted. Much like in some rope bondage art...(hentai. I mean heantai. You just don't see many non-hentai rope bondage characters. No offense..x.x;; )

Yeah, I'm having beef with the whole anatomy and it's driving me nuts because I sketched out a little stick skeleton and that looked fine... but as soon as I added "meat" to the "bones" it looked craptacular. xP Maybe I could try moving the whole upper body over to the right a bit? (she was supposed to be leaning down but ughghghghghghhh)

Anxious Gekko

Ren Orenji Doragon
Viva La Spirit

Yeah, I'm having beef with the whole anatomy and it's driving me nuts because I sketched out a little stick skeleton and that looked fine... but as soon as I added "meat" to the "bones" it looked craptacular. xP Maybe I could try moving the whole upper body over to the right a bit? (she was supposed to be leaning down but ughghghghghghhh)

I know exactly what you mean, actually. That kind of thing happens a lot. But, I think if you looked at some references it could help with that issue. For me, I tend to draw just the spine, and then ad circles/roundish things to figure out where my parts are going. Then I just add tubes for legs and arms.. I don't like to do the skeletal framing as much, anymore because it throws me off more than it helps me.. xD However, if I am havin a hard time defining the way I want the limbs to go, then I'll add in stick figure limbs and go from there. See, I like the updated version, it has the curve and makes the whole anatomy look better! o 3o Maybe widen it a little and it will help, because it looks like the shoulders don't match up with the lining of the abdomen? So, it looks a tad skewed.. That may be why you want to move it over.

Retro Punk

Ren Orenji Doragon
Before you say anything, I am aware of her boobs being pushed up even though there's no support underneath them. I'm debating on fixing this or not because 1. I could put a helpless Gaian in her cleavage as it is currently and 2. fan-service. Other than that, go nuts. o3o

http://sta.sh/01wjik3nsqe8

http://sta.sh/09p2tnl0smg

Sorry, the image is far too big for me to just post. xp

Here are two Critical hits for you.

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think the the head , shoulders and right hand look great. All the way to the belly button.

But the left arm is disproportiante. The hips and legs too. OH, and Dat foot.... Try looking at some reference pics. And keep in mind the source of light in your pic. It will influence where you are going to put your shadows.

Also the buildings.... um. Try doing a horizon line (s) maybe?

Also if can't find any reference pics. Make your own. If you have a camera , learn to use the timer function . ( if it has it )
I think your initial sketch is really cute. The only things I find lacking are the background and the proportions.
Your anatomy is actually pretty okay. Though it doesn't hurt to learn the basics.

The background is a simple enough fix, just do some perspective/horizon lines.
One thing that's hindering you is you put details into the buildings too early.
Just use simple shapes to build up the background.
Once you've got the basic shapes established, then draw in the details.
I realize this is easier said than done, but starting simple and doing details last will help.

And now the proportions, which you've gotten mostly right.
I've red-lined your sketch to help explain since I'm not so good with words.
My red-lining isn't perfect but I hope it gets the point across aha.

Your drawing was mostly right. Like Guin said, her arms were a bit off and need to be fixed.
And keep in mind what is overlapping what.
User Image

Don't put lots of detail in one part of the drawing and then have the rest of it be simple.
Keep the level of detail consistent so that your image keeps the same overall quality.
Especially since this isn't drawn in a realistic style. And when drawing clothes, keep in mind the fabric is wrapping around the limb.
User Image

But like I said, the drawing is cute and has a lot of potential and everything is a pretty simple fix.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff