Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
As a sort of sketching exercise I've decided to draw all original 151 Pokemon.

So far I haven't got that many done but I haven't been drawing them daily. So in order to motivate myself to sketch more often and get them done I decided that I'll be posting a daily sketch on this thread. smile

So far I've got 16/151 done and I started with my favourites.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vileplume.

Togepi.

Abra.

Kadabra and Sabrinas floating head.

Ghastly, Haunter, and Gengar.

Psyduck.

Jigglypuff drawing marker on Ash and Mistys face.

Caterpie
(Sorry for the terrible photos these were all taken from my Instagram which are photos taken VIA my Ipod touch.)
Yess. I love seeing things like this. These are all really beautiful and clean. Great job so far! I cant wait to see more!

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

From yesterday. Oddish and Gloom. This is the 18th/151 that I've drawn so far. I will be drawing Mew as well because I include it in there with the others because it was in the original shows movies.

I'm still debating which Pokemon to draw next. I've been going in a mixed order picking all my favourites first. Heh. Right now I'm debating Porygon or possibly Hypno, maybe Zubat and Golbat to draw next. I'll probably end up sketching a few of them right now. I wish I had some AA batteries then I would totally be playing my Gameboy and procrastinating a bit. XD

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Groggily
Yess. I love seeing things like this. These are all really beautiful and clean. Great job so far! I cant wait to see more!

Thank you! smile heart I can't help but show the pieces once I darken up the lines, these pencils are so light my terrible Ipod touch mp3 camera can barely capture them; otherwise i'd post my looser sketches. It says in the technical specs that it has VGA camera quality. Which apparently is comparable to HDMI but I don't believe it cause it seems to suck unless i'm in bright daylight!

(Sorry I'm having an OCD moment.) sweatdrop
paradoxdish
Groggily

Thank you! smile heart I can't help but show the pieces once I darken up the lines, these pencils are so light my terrible Ipod touch mp3 camera can barely capture them; otherwise i'd post my looser sketches. It says in the technical specs that it has VGA camera quality. Which apparently is comparable to HDMI but I don't believe it cause it seems to suck unless i'm in bright daylight!

Haha. It's okay! I have OCD moments too. I'm not very familiar with Ipods or technology in general (besides my laptop) but it sounds to me like you just need a scanner. I know that's easier said than done sometimes, but scanners do make all the difference in the world!

It would definitely be nice to see some of your looser sketches, as I have a fetish for really loose works in general! But these looked really clean and polished. I could never do this with a pencil. I've been abusing my tablet too long. It's awful. I always have admired people who can work with traditional medium really well, and you did that right here.

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Porygon for today so that's 19/152 now since I accidentally drew Togepi. lol

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Groggily
paradoxdish
Groggily

Haha. It's okay! I have OCD moments too. I'm not very familiar with Ipods or technology in general (besides my laptop) but it sounds to me like you just need a scanner. I know that's easier said than done sometimes, but scanners do make all the difference in the world!

It would definitely be nice to see some of your looser sketches, as I have a fetish for really loose works in general! But these looked really clean and polished. I could never do this with a pencil. I've been abusing my tablet too long. It's awful. I always have admired people who can work with traditional medium really well, and you did that right here.

I have a small scanner actually! Since this is a smaller sized sketchbook I could actually scan them, usually I draw much larger; but in this case it's do able. XD I wish I could own a high quality , large format scanner but there are other things I'm saving for that feel like they're more important priorities; and they're HELLA expensive.

When I have a bit more time I'll try taking some sketches using my SLR so they can be lighter sketches and looser; as loose as I can get. (I'm a pretty uptight artist... I take it so seriously, so i'm not sure how loose I am.) It's just so much more convenient to take the photos with the ipod and then post them to Instagram.

Funny thing you mention the tablet. I really want to get into trying it out... seems like a better way to get ideas out without worrying of wasting precious paper. (My precioustthhh) My friend gave me their old Waacom tablet, it's the bamboo; I have yet to try it out though. I generally just do all my photoshopping with my mouse, but I haven't tried digitally painting yet; I just edit pictures. I think it might be fun though, I'm always into experimenting with new stuff. smile

Also thank you for the compliment, means a lot as I work really hard at my Art and rarely hear so much as feedback on it, any comments and critiques are always appreciated.

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
20/152 Venomoth for todays quick sketch.

User Image

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Forgot to post this sketch from last night because I was super tired and apparently thought I did but didn't. XD

User Image

21/152 now.

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Super quick super rough sketch for tonight because I'm too tired to draw anything else.
The past few nights I've been pretty tired so I'll make up for it with by drawing a bunch at once in the next few days. smile

Thanks for looking. heart

User Image

Drowzee 22/152 now, only 130 to go! It feels like I'm Ash in a way and I gotta draw them all!

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
23/152 Hypno

User Image

Generous Millionaire

My gosh you have a lot of talent. Well done on perspectives and shading.
So amazing. And with pen as well!

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Konoei
My gosh you have a lot of talent. Well done on perspectives and shading.
So amazing. And with pen as well!

Thank you so much! ^_^ heart They're actually done with Prismacolor colored pencils not pen.

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Sorry for the delay on posts I've got caught up working on original artworks as of late. I'll try to work in time to put up more Pokemon posts. Here's Flareon for the meanwhile. 24/152
Soon I'll be posting the rest of the Eevee evolutions. ^_^ heart Thanks so much for looking and for everyone who has posted feedback.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces