Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Conventioneer

6,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Your face needs more color, it needs to have colors in different hues the the base color. Painting in colors with the same hue for shading/ lighting will make your art look dull. I can say however that your placement of shadows and highlights is pretty good. smile It's a very good start. Keep going and you will be an excellent good artist!

Hygienic Genius

IndigoNight
Not bad so far! Here are some redline suggestions and I've got some coloring tips for ya too.

It usually helps to start with a background color before you start coloring your character, and when painting realism don't be afraid to go crazy with your colors. Skin has your apparent warm tones (brown, pink, orange) but it also has cool colors mixed in--usually in the shadows. I usually add a super pale blue or green to highlight skin. What that does is subtly compliments the warm tones in skin.

What do you use to color? Photoshop? Tablet? =] If you want more information or tutorials I'll be happy to help ya out, just lemme know <3

Oh gee, thanks for the redlines and suggestions! They were very very very helpful! I tried to put as much reasonable colors as I can. It looks less dull. = v =

I haven't gotten the chance to buy a tablet or an official drawing software yet, so I'm currently using a mouse along with a website called onemotion.com to draw. My vista computer can't handle any drawing programs. I don't know why. :/
Moofina
Oh gee, thanks for the redlines and suggestions! They were very very very helpful! I tried to put as much reasonable colors as I can. It looks less dull. = v =

I haven't gotten the chance to buy a tablet or an official drawing software yet, so I'm currently using a mouse along with a website called onemotion.com to draw. My vista computer can't handle any drawing programs. I don't know why. :/

^^ You're welcome! Ohhh. I played around on that site and couldn't get the hand of the way the colors were applied =/ so I don't know how much I can help you with it. You should try deviantArt's muro to paint with if you haven't already.

In general, though, dark browns and/or purples should be applied to darker areas of the face.

Here are a list of tutorials:
*Click caution: there's a nude, painted butt on that page. Part 2
*Click* *Click* *Click* *Click*

I know you don't have photoshop or a tablet, but that's alright. I linked those mostly because they show a great application of color.

What happens to your comp when you try using a program like photoshop or GIMP?

Hygienic Genius

IndigoNight

^^ You're welcome! Ohhh. I played around on that site and couldn't get the hand of the way the colors were applied =/ so I don't know how much I can help you with it. You should try deviantArt's muro to paint with if you haven't already.

In general, though, dark browns and/or purples should be applied to darker areas of the face.

Here are a list of tutorials:
*Click caution: there's a nude, painted butt on that page. Part 2
*Click* *Click* *Click* *Click*

I know you don't have photoshop or a tablet, but that's alright. I linked those mostly because they show a great application of color.

What happens to your comp when you try using a program like photoshop or GIMP?

I've briefly played around with muro before. It's quite difficult to use since I'm not use to drawing with layers.. ;A;

Woo! Thanks for providing me those links. They're really helpful to reference to. I'm sure I'll improve in some way.

Whenever I try to download any unofficial program, it would seem to download completely but it won't open up. I would click on it and, slimply, nothing happens. Nothing at all. When my friend went to help me figure out how to download SAI efficiently, all I got was an "error" box. I discussed this problem to my other friends and they say that vista just doesn't like art programs unless they're the real deal. I don't have the money to buy the official ones. I can't find any free (official) art programs that work besides Paint.net. .___.
Moofina

I've briefly played around with muro before. It's quite difficult to use since I'm not use to drawing with layers.. ;A;

Woo! Thanks for providing me those links. They're really helpful to reference to. I'm sure I'll improve in some way.

Whenever I try to download any unofficial program, it would seem to download completely but it won't open up. I would click on it and, slimply, nothing happens. Nothing at all. When my friend went to help me figure out how to download SAI efficiently, all I got was an "error" box. I discussed this problem to my other friends and they say that vista just doesn't like art programs unless they're the real deal. I don't have the money to buy the official ones. I can't find any free (official) art programs that work besides Paint.net. .___.

Ohh haha you don't have to use the layers in muro ^^

=D You're welcome!

Gah, yeah, Vista can be a poop. I've thankfully never had to use it, but I've had to help my dad with it before and that sucks. =O GIMP is a free, legit program =] so you should give that a try.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff