Welcome to Gaia! ::

*To all 'cause a lot of people replied/quoted me*

Well I can't help it if bad grammar tends to get on my nerves. I mean, when you have a Lit Nazi (english teacher that's really harsh on grammar) as a professor... *shrugs* You tend to pick up on those things.

What is it with people getting all contrary about a little bit of criticism? Personally, as long as it isn't rude, crude or borderline flamming then I take it seriously and NOT to heart. There are not many people on this forum that can take any sort of critism. *sighs irritably*
Soti

Well I can't help it if bad grammar tends to get on my nerves. I mean, when you have a Lit Nazi (english teacher that's really harsh on grammar) as a professor... *shrugs* You tend to pick up on those things.

What is it with people getting all contrary about a little bit of criticism? Personally, as long as it isn't rude, crude or borderline flamming then I take it seriously and NOT to heart. There are not many people on this forum that can take any sort of critism. *sighs irritably*

Didnt notice much, but hey as long as they try and get revenge, bring some action here ^_^.
Shin2k27
Soti

Didnt notice much, but hey as long as they try and get revenge, bring some action here ^_^.

*laughs* Oh you know I would. razz
YES I KNOW THE FEELING! Im 11 and everyone says im the best drawer in the class. But I have this feeling they don't meen it. maybe you should put more pictures on and ask there honest oppinions on it. Thats what i am going to do. scream WHEN THAT HAPPENS I GET SO MAD!
"Age and art"? I KNOW that younger people are out there creating MUCH better stuff than I can,..it doesn't bother me or get me down. Drawing isn't the olympics, y'know. We all get a fair shake!
Godon
Alright start out with as guildine for the head and draw the chin within it making sure not to go outside of the guidlines. Also make a guideline for the hairline and draw your hair off ot the hairline you drew in

User Image

Hope that helps

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS is GOOD advice, FOLLOW thigns like THAT it will help MUCH in the end. O.O;; Ok I'm done.
Soti
... not bad ...

*me being a perfectionist*
Hun... you're grammar is off in your title..
"Do I draw good..." doesn't really sounds right.
"Do I draw well..." sounds a bit better.
Sorry for the pickyness... that's just me. >.<

Hehe, for having such a lit nazi, you spelled "your" wrong.
You're - You Are; a statement of somebody being something
Your - statement showing posession of something
whee

I dunno why people keep hammering this age thing. Age DOES make a difference. The big majority of young people just havn't had to the time to either figure out that they want to be serious with their art, or come to like it enough that they naturally start following more defined rules.
So really, age does matter in a certain sense. Also, a lot of logic we might take for granted, isn't necassarily true for someone pre-teen or just in their teens. So, really, I don't see the need to hack a picture and say "you suck" because the dude is 12.

So anyway, like Onyxblue said, take a note of Godon's little demo (if you're even bothering to look at this thread, which it doesn't seem like) because it's worth it.
Shakiri
Zoni
Both your art and your logic suck terribly. After all, age has little to do with art. It's experience that counts. Your art shows potential but lacks refinement and study.

I agree, age is a horrible exuse for art that isn't professional. quote]

both of you are making me sick. you do get better with age. he does have a really good potential. i had horrible proportions at 12 and im a lot better now.
The first thing you might want to do is study the human face and how the features are lined up. If you practice drawing with human proportions, you'll improve a TON. Someday you'll look back on this pic and say, "What the hell was I doing?" and you'll redraw it and every museum will want the redrawn version. However, it'll take time and practice. Lots of practice.
Gokuuk
Soti
... not bad ...

*me being a perfectionist*
Hun... you're grammar is off in your title..
"Do I draw good..." doesn't really sounds right.
"Do I draw well..." sounds a bit better.
Sorry for the pickyness... that's just me. >.<

Hehe, for having such a lit nazi, you spelled "your" wrong.
You're - You Are; a statement of somebody being something
Your - statement showing posession of something
whee

I dunno why people keep hammering this age thing. Age DOES make a difference. The big majority of young people just havn't had to the time to either figure out that they want to be serious with their art, or come to like it enough that they naturally start following more defined rules.
So really, age does matter in a certain sense. Also, a lot of logic we might take for granted, isn't necassarily true for someone pre-teen or just in their teens. So, really, I don't see the need to hack a picture and say "you suck" because the dude is 12.

So anyway, like Onyxblue said, take a note of Godon's little demo (if you're even bothering to look at this thread, which it doesn't seem like) because it's worth it.

*blinks and checks* O.o *laughs* Oh my god! That's wicked! *grins* Talk about being a hypocrite unintentionally! Sorry about that. ^^
LightningStrikes
Zoni
Both your art and your logic suck terribly. After all, age has little to do with art. It's experience that counts. Your art shows potential but lacks refinement and study.

ahh, I kind of agree, I mean, I'm 12, I've never had art lessons and stuff, but I draw a lot and everytime it gets better. But hey Zoni, no need to be too harsh, it's okay, I repeat, it is only OKAY.

Yup. I'm 12 too and I agree with him. Just keep drawing like me and you'll get better biggrin ...... i really hope... sweatdrop
Zoni

to everyone that agrees with this should perhaps take time to think that the younger you are the less experience you have. all of the great artist out there had to start somewhere and I dont think they were painting master pieces at the age of 12. (most anyway) yes, experience is what counts but its not like every 12 year old can goto museams, college classes, and other ways of getting more experienced that often. So you guys should take that into consideration. Just keep it up and you'll get better each time. Try not to get discouraged by the people here, they're harsh.
2 Be honest i think u draw ok with only being 12 since when i was 12 my lil sister who was about 2 cud draw better then me, just keep drawing and learn from your drawing mistakes and soon u'll be able to do great drawings. wink
What people are trying to say is that age isn't an excuse for art. It won't get you any sympathy, and it doesn't make a picture any better. I used to just sit in a corner when I was thirteen and laugh at all the people who were like "I'm 13, are i any gud???" Maybe if people practiced more they would be .-.
*claps* Very well drawn, good talent. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces