Welcome to Gaia! ::

i was gonna post this in the work in progress forum but it's dead and i dont get any replies when i post there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

there's still a lot of things to correct but the legs and feet are definitely off and i want to fix that before i get any further with this. :>

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I like the way you painted the face. I actually really like the face.
The eyes seem a tiny tad big, try making them smaller or placing them a bit closer together. The folds on his shirt seem a bit rushed.

His thighs are too short, and so are his calves.
Also, his lower arms are missing!

Good work!

Aged Hunter

When I look at this I feel like you have a vague idea on how people should look like but not an understanding. You seem to know that people have collar bones but not they are more then a couple of lines under the neck. The torso looks like its cardboard box under his shirt and not a real torso.

Your work looks like a basic representation of people when it looks like your going for something more true to life (I do not mean realism I mean truer to life proportions). Nothing is going to fix that expect finding a book on drawing, going out and drawing real people/ looking up photos and time.

Also his eyes are too big for his head.
Zagachan
I like the way you painted the face. I actually really like the face.
The eyes seem a tiny tad big, try making them smaller or placing them a bit closer together. The folds on his shirt seem a bit rushed.

His thighs are too short, and so are his calves.
Also, his lower arms are missing!

Good work!

thanks!! it's still a wip so i'm still trying to think of what to do with the arms. i don't want to hide them but at the same time i don't have an idea what to do with them. i did play around with the face a little bit more. it's a bit smaller, so i think i'll leave it alone until i work on the body (especially the legs) some more.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

chortlexu
When I look at this I feel like you have a vague idea on how people should look like but not an understanding. You seem to know that people have collar bones but not they are more then a couple of lines under the neck. The torso looks like its cardboard box under his shirt and not a real torso.

Your work looks like a basic representation of people when it looks like your going for something more true to life (I do not mean realism I mean truer to life proportions). Nothing is going to fix that expect finding a book on drawing, going out and drawing real people/ looking up photos and time.

Also his eyes are too big for his head.

thanks! i see what you mean. i have been practicing my anatomy more but i don't have a full grasp on it yet, aside from knowing where things go and how things work (i get that a lot from my art teacher too). i do have a bad problem with stiff torsos (or anything neck shoulders down) but i guess that's from me not doing enough full figures in my spare time.

Aged Hunter

Well if other people are saying it then that may just be it. Like I said just practice. I feel you'll get the hang of it once you have the basics down : )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff