Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hullo, all.

I'm entering a coloring contest, and would really love some rather harsh critiques on my coloring. I know I'm going to go back and make the transitions between highlight and shadow a little more crisp, less fuzzy, but was hoping that you all could point out other weaknesses in it!

For the record: The lineart was done by greatlp on deviantART ( http://greatlp.deviantart.com/ ) and cannot be altered, or else the entry will be removed. So while crits on the lineart are nice, they're not going to help me any here. ;p I colored this with his permission and have posted it to Gaia with his permission. I don't claim the lineart at all, it's his wonderful work entirely... I'm just looking for someone to tear my coloring job apart so that I can build it back up from scratch. biggrin

User Image

This is a slighly smaller version to fit Gaia's requirements... my deviantART page has a slightly larger version, if you're really wanting to get in close and look it over.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to critique this! heart
*d
XD but but .. . Really your colouring is just fine the way it is! If you define to light and shadown too much, it looses the softness that lends to its elegancy! ;_; You've done a lovely job!
wow. that's freaking good. good work! *thumbs up*
I give it three thumbs up xd
i'll tell you this. its great coloring that brings out the pictures most inner apperence and you did a wonderful job. but to say the least most people wouldn't really care about lighting but on that pic everything to the left looks just fine just on buttercup she has extra lighting on her face that doesn't have the same drop back shadow as the other two. if some was really picky then they would probably see it too. otherwise awsome work.
kyosuke dante
i'll tell you this. its great coloring that brings out the pictures most inner apperence and you did a wonderful job. but to say the least most people wouldn't really care about lighting but on that pic everything to the left looks just fine just on buttercup she has extra lighting on her face that doesn't have the same drop back shadow as the other two. if some was really picky then they would probably see it too. otherwise awsome work.

Thank you very much, I'll work on Buttercup's face a bit more.
Bump heart
thats good
Thank you. redface
Anyone have any crits? sweatdrop
Aaaaaaanyone? 4laugh
Anyone have a crit for me?
I have to agree on working on buttercups face, but also bubbles too. the right side looks a little too dark. Also, the eye of blosom that's in front looks more colored then all the others, so maybe a darker shading or more, not sure. but it's something to look at. Otherwise it is really good. Congrats on the work! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff