Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mystical Shapeshifter

sketch
sketch 2

Please tell me what you think. This is my first time trying to draw a figure from below, so I would especially love criticism for this part! And just for some info, her face is supposed to a little distorted (with the mouth being especially wide), her arms are supposed to be unnaturally long, the circular thing will eventually be a moon, and the red stuff will eventually be fire. Thanks!

Mystical Shapeshifter

Wellllll... I dunno how to say this, but I don't see much in the way of unusual perspective happening at all. ^^;;; I think you have to make her head a bit smaller, and then her hips way bigger then they are, then her feet WAY bigger then that. Like, way. Perspective is weird; for it to turn out right, it has to feel wrong while you're drawing it. ^^;;;; (at least until you're used to it, I guess.... and I'm not)

(Also, I'm pretty sure bumping's only allowed in the chatterbox ^__~ )
Might want to exaggerate more - it's not very obvious you're probably aiming for a worm's eye perspective. If the "camera" is on the ground, then the legs would be quite large - the farther away, the smaller it'd be.

Mystical Shapeshifter

Thanks, I'll try to exaggerate more.

(And sorry for bumping, I saw other people bumping their threads, so I thought it would be ok)

Mystical Shapeshifter

I added a second sketch, is this one better, or do I still need more exaggeration?

Mystical Shapeshifter

Thanks whee
lol...dats madd cool! i cant wait to see when its finished......wait its not finished yet right? O.o

Mystical Shapeshifter

Thanks, yeah, it's not done yet. It still needs touch-ups, then colors, background, etc. But...does anyone think I still need to work on the perspective part? I want to make sure I have that down before I move on to the other parts.

Sparkly Smoker

Hey, isn't that the character you played in my OLD RP on Gaia? It's really cool! I can't wait to see it when it's finished. 3nodding
what it appears to have done is eveyrhtings moved back, if you really want to get the perspective right, take the line tool of whatever program you're usuing and decide where the vanishign pont at the top will be then draw the two lines coming from it on a layer where you can simply trash it when your done, then try to position her body in accordance to teh triangle it'll make on the paper.

keep up the good work

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces