Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well anyway.. trying to paint one...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Working on coloring charas, then I'll go back to touch up textures and such in the BG
ooo very nice, I really do like the background. See I never do them myself sweatdrop . I like it very much, just shade the characters and I guess its pretty well finished

By the way (User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.) that is utterly frightening just to let you know
I cannot draw backgrounds, so you have my undying respect because that is beautiful. How did you do it? The people in the background are also a nice touch. I can't wait to see it finished.
Urgh... that is so brilliantly done, if I had just seen it around the 'net I would've immediately assumed someone had a real pic like that and they just put it through some filters in photoshop <(._.)>
But that ofcourse means you have super kudos, when I saw a topic by Tiff Lei saying "I hate backgrounds" I was like "Is this the same Tiffa Lei that I've seen stupendous art-work by?" and then I was like "=-o omg....".
And ofcourse, now I immediately feel pitiful when I think of the trouble I have with my simple background whee
Again, ******** AWESOME! Whatever time you spent doing that, worth it to every second.
Looks fantastic to me 3nodding ! *marvels at the many perspective issuses here*
wow thats really nice.. u did a great job on the background.. the whole pic looks like something that would be in a gaia store - like moira, edmund, so on....
Looks awesome to me! 3nodding I'm not good at backgrounds at all sweatdrop
Godon: Thankees! Yep... just taking my time coloring the charas ~_~ dunno why I keep procrastinating. HEEYY Squisher is great! (my pet)

Deijii: hahah I suck at backgrounds- or rather I have no patience for them. I find them rather boring and monotonous to draw >_<. This is probably... the first time I bothered to draw an architectural thing. But yeah, I did use a few photos for reference. I had to create plenty from scratch, however. I got really lazy with the floor tiles^^;;

Gokuuk: eeeek I was afraid it looked like a filtered photo!! Maybe just needs some textures...? uuwaahhh~ It's only been 9 or 10 hours. Anyway... saturation and color balancing will be fun!

Artoki: perspective= eeevil (my worst class EVER!!) Luckily this is just a 3-point. xd

brittlovesbill: heheh thanks!! I don't think I'm anywhere near that kind of level yet sweatdrop

megumi chan: Thank youuu. I guess it's the same for a lot of people! ewwwyy I don't think I will be drawing things like this again soon. *hand still hurts* ;_;

Thanks for the feedback! I will post again once the charas are toned/highlighted cause I'm sure there will be a few issues with them^^;;
ooh nice job... i like the way u did the clothing shading.. ecspecially on his blue jacket.. i suck at cging.. ur an amazing artist.. biggrin
Wow VERY nice, the only thing that a picky person could say is that the background is so elaborate together with the characters it makes them look overly simple sweatdrop
Nyyyooo..... 3nodding Awwwesome.. <3 Background.
hahahah and here I was trying to fix the earlier complaint about using a photo for BGs uwaaah~ I can't seem to find a happium between simple and photo!!! AAAAAHHHHHhhh Help!!!!

Here is the next WIP. I'm going to try and get that happium (happy medium) in this one x____X

Well, I havn't had any teaching in backgrounds, but I'd say if you wanted the characters to feel like they fit in try and make how you shade them roughly the same as you made the background.

The reason, I feel, that your characters just don't fit into the first background is because they're cel-shaded and the background is photo-realistic.
If you cel-shade a character, I would think to fit the background in with hard-edged brushes so they seem together. And soft shaded people for a background such as the first one and the one you seem to have going.

All this is just speculative opinion because I havn't had any teaching on this subject. But maybe you can think of something better, I certainly wish you good luck and I know that if there's something wrong we'll try not to sound too useless and gawking of your lovely artwork xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff