Welcome to Gaia! ::

since i'm really shitty with anatomy, and mainly hands i was hoping that maybe somebody here can correct or give me advice on my hands (or anything that seems anatomically wrong).
batgirl drawing i made. o u o;;
redlines would be really helpful too. thank you. <33

Dapper Cat

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
An option: take a selfie (then you can delete it, if preferred). Then use your own body to see how the hands are at that view. And you need to fix up the left shoulder and arm. They look a little unnatural. The shoulder just doesn't extend out the same as the right shoulder. Also, unless it was the style you were going for, her hips down looks a little weird. The way her upper half is posed, you could prop her on her left leg with the right one darted out to give a little more attitude. And like add a little butt off the left side if you wanted that effect. I did some redlines for you. They aren't the greatest and I attempted the hand but my best opinion is to use your own body as reference for basic structure. Or there are a few hand tutorials or references on DeviantArt.
Here's the redlines for you

Dapper Cat

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
You're a really good artist so I must Disclaim talk2hand that I am in no way a professional and that these are solid suggestions. They are just my general opinion based on my own experience looking through stock photos and plenty of art on dA.

Kitsune Tears09

thank youu ~ c:
i appreciate the criticism. emotion_bigheart

Dapper Cat

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
It would definitely be cool to see the finished product!

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
You are a great artist. 3nodding

Is this the photo you referenced? The back of her hand looks a little smaller in the photo than in your drawing. I would redraw the hands making sure to draw each part of her fingers including her knuckles.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You could also try a slightly different hand pose if you wanted. Her index finger is straight. There is less perspective. It might be easier to draw.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I hope this helps. heart

DeniedHero's Partner

Dapper Codger

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out