Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Noob

User Image

soooo haven't drawn properly for, like, 3 years because i went to university and made sculpture/installation.

i really wanna get back into drawing, so what do ya'll think? i took the photo with iphoto and it mirrors images for some reason but it has helped me see already that the right shoulder is weird lol

i didn't scan it in cuz scanners be NOISSAAAAY and it would probs wake the baby ehhh

do you think it's worth me getting into selling avi art (not this sketchy obvs) after some fine-tuning?

Invisible Noob

bump? no feedback at all?

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
The feet are different sizes. The eyes are different sizes. The head is too tall.

Other than that, good job.
You got the likeness, but the legs don't follow the direction of the chest. The knee towards us should be more towards us. Right now, it's leaning away from us, due to it pointing more away than the chest is.

Invisible Noob

Zagachan
The feet are different sizes. The eyes are different sizes. The head is too tall.

i think the feet and eyes are supposed to be different sizes because of perspective? obviously this would be apparent if it was shaded and drawn better lol

Invisible Noob

Errol McGillivray
You got the likeness, but the legs don't follow the direction of the chest. The knee towards us should be more towards us. Right now, it's leaning away from us, due to it pointing more away than the chest is.

hmm i dunno why the knee would be more towards us? i was going for the knees together and shins fanning out, so i need to change the position of the foot/shoe closest to us. thanks!
Dolly ICU
Errol McGillivray

hmm i dunno why the knee would be more towards us? i was going for the knees together and shins fanning out, so i need to change the position of the foot/shoe closest to us. thanks!
Ah. I see. With the chest facing us, the underside of her butt would be visible. Because I can't see both thighs, I assumed that far knee was pointing away.

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Dolly ICU
Zagachan

i think the feet and eyes are supposed to be different sizes because of perspective? obviously this would be apparent if it was shaded and drawn better lol

Then you wouldn't draw the legs as you did. If you're keeping the pose as-is (Which is fine, it's a good pose), then the foot in the back needs to be bigger.
Again, same with the eyes. The outer eye needs to sit closer to the other, and be a tiny bit bigger.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff