Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please help me fix it. 8P

User Image

Btw... if you can guess who this is supposed to be... you'll make my day.
Take 2. Anyone have tips to fix this???

User Image
The nose is a tad angled and the ears are too small. Otherwise, keep up the good work!
Razzle-Dazzle Star

InsanityIsReality

Before you guys responded, I had gotten some critiques from another source that helped me tremendously.

I've always been told the whole "forms are not made of lines" thing... But I've never been able to put it into practice until now. Something finally clicked and I realized what I needed to do. So here it is...

Take 3 - with the photo I was referencing beside it.

User Image User Image

You can click the drawing for a larger view.

So... thoughts?

Dapper Phantom

Oh, MUCH better on the last WIP. I do think the nostril on the left (his right) side is still getting too confused with the shadow right there. It wouldn't be so bad if there were darker shadows like that elsewhere as well, but right now, it just looks like his nose is oddly shaped.
euclids_triangle
Oh, MUCH better on the last WIP. I do think the nostril on the left (his right) side is still getting too confused with the shadow right there. It wouldn't be so bad if there were darker shadows like that elsewhere as well, but right now, it just looks like his nose is oddly shaped.

Thanks! Do you mean that if I made the shading around his nose look more like the ref picture, it'd look ok? It just looks funky because that's the only dark spot?

Dapper Phantom

kaylac713

Thanks! Do you mean that if I made the shading around his nose look more like the ref picture, it'd look ok? It just looks funky because that's the only dark spot?

Hmmm, it looks funky because the nostril doesn't look "hidden in the shadows" like the reference picture, yes. The shading as it stands now is pulling his nose to our left. If you blur your eyes and look at it, you can kind of see what I mean. (Does that make sense at all?)
euclids_triangle
kaylac713

Hmmm, it looks funky because the nostril doesn't look "hidden in the shadows" like the reference picture, yes. The shading as it stands now is pulling his nose to our left. If you blur your eyes and look at it, you can kind of see what I mean. (Does that make sense at all?)

Yes, yes... I think I see what you mean. The 4th draft will tell for sure, though! cool
euclids_triangle

4th Draft:

User Image

Click for a larger image

Dapper Phantom

Definitely looking better! I think this is going to turn out really well! biggrin
euclids_triangle
Definitely looking better! I think this is going to turn out really well! biggrin

Thank you! 8D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces