Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Bunny

2,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Hygienic 200
I get the feeling that these drapes/curtains or whatever are a bad idea. I want to border the image so that the eye keeps its focus corralled towards the middle, mostly.

{IMAGE} ...UPDATED: {IMAGE}

The boxy shadow will be a canvas on an easel.

•Do you think the curtains will be fine? Do you have alternate suggestions?

Yeah, feel free to tell me what else needs work. I know the face does.
She will have clothes on later.

Thanks for lookin'. I appreciate any constructive criticisms. Please and thank you.
Hmn I think the curtains might be okay. What kind of room/area is it?

You may also help draw attention to the middle with use of colors and lighting smile

Professional Bunny

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
StarMasayume
Hmn I think the curtains might be okay. What kind of room/area is it?

You may also help draw attention to the middle with use of colors and lighting smile

I was thinking the room would be a bit affluent looking.

I will use bloom lighting, so the light source will be much more dramatic in the end. Do you know a lot about using color for drawing attention?
I am nervous about using more than a simple color palette (almost monochrome) because I am unsure of color relationships.

Professional Bunny

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
I'm still trying to learn and push myself more with colors. I know how it's easy to get in a comfort zone.

I think you could pull off an almost monochrome look (especially if entering an unlit room), but like add some warmer tones around where she's entering, maybe as if light is coming in.

I've kept this DA tutorial an artist I like made on colors (I adore their color palettes and use of color) so I recommend taking a look. smile
http://aquasixio.deviantart.com/art/How-to-have-six-with-colours-116533582?q=favby:starmasayume/2545434&qo=31

Professional Bunny

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
StarMasayume
I'm still trying to learn and push myself more with colors. I know how it's easy to get in a comfort zone.

I think you could pull off an almost monochrome look (especially if entering an unlit room), but like add some warmer tones around where she's entering, maybe as if light is coming in.

I've kept this DA tutorial an artist I like made on colors (I adore their color palettes and use of color) so I recommend taking a look. smile
http://aquasixio.deviantart.com/art/How-to-have-six-with-colours-116533582?q=favby:starmasayume/2545434&qo=31

I saved it! Thank you for showing me.

I added more light, closer to what the final will be, but there will be more bloom.

I wanted the feeling to be lonely. Would warm colors on/around her take away from that?
I wouldn't go TOO warm if you want to stick the the cool, aloof feel. But yeah you see where I'm going with brightening up the middle area. I think you would be safe with subdued yellows just a bit for accent. If you stick to muted colors of yellow, blue, maybe purple-ish gray shadows I think that'd be good - if you keep it minimal you can still achieve the monochrome look.
Might just be me but the legs look a little short/stumpy and thin for the size/shape of the torso and upper body. The arms look a little thin, too. Not enough muscle.

Professional Bunny

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
Chicken Soft Taco
Might just be me but the legs look a little short/stumpy and thin for the size/shape of the torso and upper body. The arms look a little thin, too. Not enough muscle.

Okay, thank you for pointing that out.

I intentionally made the arms thinner in an attempt to work in more adolescent qualities. I'm still figuring out how to get it to work. sweatdrop

Professional Bunny

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items