Welcome to Gaia! ::

If the answer is "1433 days", what is the question?

"At what point do libraries abandon fines and introduce hitmen?" 0.33039294306335 33.0% [ 824 ]
"How long does it take Stephen Hawking to sing Bohemian Rhapsody?" 0.25501202886929 25.5% [ 636 ]
"I am the Leap Year Killer, when will I strike next?" 0.41459502806736 41.5% [ 1034 ]
Total Votes:[ 2494 ]

Xyronix's Bae

Anxious Nerd

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright
By the end of this year I plan on having finished my cosmetology course, taken the test to be a licensed cosmetologist, and have a job somewhere so I can start saving for my job hunting trip next summer.

If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and why?

Phantom

------------------------------

America. They have better Mexican restaurants than where I am and I'm hangry. TACOS!

What is your favourite flavour of juice?

ewrr's Oppa

34,950 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
          I don't drink juice much since I prefer to eat the fruits themselves. Hmm ... orange juice is really good if you're on the go.

Do you consider the environmental impact of something before buying it?

Deus-ex Potato

55,475 Points
  • not released 500
  • God From a Machine 500
  • Smol Grump 500
No. Not generally.
I don't condone littering, nor do I litter. I don't waste leftovers. I don't just trash things that can be reused and whatnot, but this green behaviour only applies to what I already own. As a full-time, unemployed college student, I'm not in the financial position to consider whether a product is environmentally friendly or not; the cheaper or more efficient cost must come first for me. If it ends up being green, cool. If not, I can't put it down and take the green option if it ends up being more expensive. Beggars cannot be choosers. Well, I'm not a beggar, but you catch my drift.
If I was making a steady living, then yes, I would consider how a product could affect the environment.

Between Elementary school, Middle school, Highschool, and/or College/University (or whatever type of education you may have attended), which would you say has granted you with the best experiences (both good and bad)?

Xyronix's Bae

Anxious Nerd

When it comes to good experiences I'd have to say elementary school and my cosmetology course that I'm taking right now. My best memories in school are from when I was a kid, since my school was so small there was no room for popularity contests. And my cosmetology course is the one thing that finally made me realize what I wanted to do with my life.
When it comes to bad experiences, definitely university. It's when my depression peaked, it's where I felt like I wasted five years of my life, and the place I had never felt more lost. Good thing that's over. c:

If you could bring back from the dead any person, be it famous or a close person you knew, and have a conversation with them for one hour before they died again, who would you bring back and what would you talk/ask them about?

Shadowy Noob

12,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Signature Look 250
I would bring back my grandfather, from my father's side and ask him if he missed us during those last two years.

If you walked by someone who's about to jump off a bridge, what would you do?

Okami Tenrou's Waifu

Witty Conversationalist

I would try to have as normal of a conversation as possible. Talk to them as depresee to depresee. Maybe ask them about positives in their life, inquire about their decisions.

I have worked my whole life to try and prevent people's deaths. However, it's not my prerogative to tell someone what they can or cannot do with it. Therefore, I would try my best to prevent it, but without sounding like it wasn't their decision to make.

What is the one scenario that runs through your head the most? Who does it involve? Or what is it about?

(IE, planned conversations, dreams, made up scenarios in your head, whatever you're most comfortable with)

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Recently, I've been thinking about what I would do after I get my CS degree. I mean, there are so many things I could do once I get that degree, but I'm so unsure about my future that I start to think about it more often than thinking about the food I want to eat on that same day...

Basically I'm thinking about my possible future after I get that degree. Perhaps I want to stick as a software developer, or maybe I want to be a technician. Perhaps I want to play around with circuits and hardware. Plenty of scenarios, so to speak, and it has been the center of my thoughts for a long time now.

TNP: Have you ever dreamed about going into outer space? Have you dreamed about visiting a different planet out there?

Xyronix's Bae

Anxious Nerd

Not really.
I have thought about it a lot, and daydreamed/wondered what it would be like to do so.
But it's also not a thing that I want to do.
I guess if I have the opportunity I would take it.
But that's as far as that goes for me. It's not something I think of often.
There are other, closer to home, dreams that I find more important.

What's something you've done impulsively that turned out surprisingly good?

Dapper Informer

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
Joined a dating site honestly. I mean there was a lot of weirdos there but I did actually find a boyfriend from there.

So [shrugs]

What's your favorite album at the moment?

Phantom

Secret Codes and Battleships by Darren Hayes
Not sure if I actually like it but it's what I've been listening to while writing lately and it's keeping me focused unlike other music/no music I've tried. Since I have it on repeat the last week or so, that should count.

What is something you're currently looking forward to?

Kindly Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Oh man there's a whole lot I'm looking forward too. I suppose on a grander scale I'm looking forward to getting my "grown up life" kick started. I've got my honours degree so once the nursing council sign me off I can get a real job and think about the next steps (moving back to Ireland, finding a home, proposing to my girl. that kind of thing)

What do you think of when you need to go to your happy place?

Xyronix's Bae

Anxious Nerd

Nothing. Thinking is what usually gets me in an unhappy place in the first place. So instead I put on some loud music, some songs that make me wanna dance, and I just sing from the top of my lungs and not think.

Have you had any awkward experiences while working with coworkers or in group projects?

Shy Friend

There was one case when I was eleven. For my Grade 6 Social Studies class, we had to do a group project on a world religion of our choice. I am naturally a very shy person, so group work is awkward anyway... There were three of us working on a poster board on Hinduism, and we had our work all divided up, I gathering up all of the information and the two others doing the artwork on the board itself... Until one person left, going off and making his own project on Christianity whilst acting like a spoiled brat, having done absolutely nothing for us beforehand but complain. Then I realized that my other partner wasn't doing anything either, out of total apathy. I had my share of the work done, all of the information gathered, but the only thing she had done was print off an Om symbol. This was TWO DAYS before our project was due. We had two WEEKS to make this poster! I was panicking, and extremely upset with my partner, and when it came down to presentation day, I had nothing to show for my project but that sad little Om symbol on an 8x11 piece of paper. My teacher heard my explanation for why the project was incomplete, and decided to give us a saving grace by having us both recite all we've learned of Hinduism in the past two weeks. I gave everything I had in my memory about the subject. My partner couldn't even utter three words.
I managed to scrape by with a 66%, and I never did group work again while I could help it. (And whenever I have to, I usually end up doing all of the work.)

What is the one thing that truly terrifies you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff