Welcome to Gaia! ::

If the answer is "1433 days", what is the question?

"At what point do libraries abandon fines and introduce hitmen?" 0.33039294306335 33.0% [ 824 ]
"How long does it take Stephen Hawking to sing Bohemian Rhapsody?" 0.25501202886929 25.5% [ 636 ]
"I am the Leap Year Killer, when will I strike next?" 0.41459502806736 41.5% [ 1034 ]
Total Votes:[ 2494 ]

Eloquent Friend

I fear in the WGs, people are answering too often for their characters, or through the eyes of their characters, rather than being honest with others, or even being dishonest with themselves. Some of the games call for whacky character interaction, but others involve giving actual, honest opinions, such as sharing songs, "Let's Get to Know Each Other," and posting random facts. Some character interaction gets so intense, I've seen people actually start full RPs in threads that really don't call for it, and it's made me not want to join the thread. I've even witnessed other repliers all-out ignored for the sake of a RP. I've seen great WG threads get moved to chatterbox, RP forums, and friendship hangouts due to people RPing too often in them. I fear cliques forming, and new WGers feeling left out or overwhelmed in a place where there really isn't much room for RP - just a place for goofing off.

TNP: Are 24/7 News stations a good or bad thing overall?

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Bad. All news stations have fallen to only report depressing crap for ratings and b***h about politics. 24/7 of that would be torture.

Ever look back on your childhood and miss some of the stuff you had?

Azrael Ryell's Waifu

All the freaking time. It was back before my brother and I were at odds and I miss the closeness we used to have. It's awful not being close to your twin anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong. I like being an adult and all the freedom that comes with it, but... Sometimes I just miss being five and having my biggest problem be not wanting to take a nap.
Urrr... I didn't mean for that to be so... Depressing.

ANYWAYS.

TNP, What do you think your patronus wold be? Why?

PUMMMY's Partner In Crime

Sexy Squad

^^ Yes indeed, a lot of them. One of the main thing I would miss is being carefree, having fun and we wouldn't get hecked up with a lot of work~

//swooshed

^ It would most probably be the mouse~ Since I get nervous trying to talk to someone that I've never met before, but once they get to know me more I break out of my usual comfort zone and annoy them //brick'd

v Which countries have you visited before?

Ruthless Conversationalist

Double swooshed? The humanity! gonk

Somewhat, in a bit of an odd way.
I don't particularly miss any stuff now; I'm not particularly attached to things.
Rather, I missed them when I was a child by knowing that I wouldn't care for them anymore as I grew up, if that makes sense.
I was mourning for something that hadn't happened yet; in a way, missing something I didn't yet have reason to miss.

I've visited Germany, France, the US, Mexico, Panama and, naturally, Canada.

What were you like as a child? The same as now, or completely different?
As a child I was scared of everything, especially butterflies. I was also very shy and never really made any friends.

As an adult today I'm still scared of silly things like the dark, I'm not as shy as I use to be and I've managed to make two very close friends. ^_^

Tnp; Describe the best day of your life.
Tough one. Hmm... I have many best days but I'll just describe one I first thought of.

It happened in 2008. The day of the "Drama Of History" inter-school competition itself. After much hardwork and rehearsals after rehearsals and fun put into our drama performance, we finally showcased it and won first! We could not contain our excitement because it was the first "first" we have clinched for our school and we started cheering without a care, much to the dismay of the other schools. Our teacher later treated all of us as well. In fact, if you ask me, a lot of my happiest memories came from my drama days when school life was less complicated as compared to that of tertiary education, and when camaraderie was at its strongest. Words fail to describe the pride and passion I have for drama and our club. After that win, we went on to winning more competitions and even staging productions within school, of which I directed one. I am still an alumnus and in contact with my beloved teacher-in-charge and many friends; we'd have quality time together occassionally over meals and games.

v Where are you from and what are some of the food, attractions or places you would recommend for a holiday there?

Stubborn Protagonist

18,425 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm from Oklahoma and I don't recommend going there well, you could always take in Oklahoma City or Tulsa. Drive along a stretch of Route 66 (and get thumped by a tumbleweed), go to a Thunder home game, go to a pow wow, or if you're more outdoorsy, go sandboarding up at Little Sahara. Foodwise, have to try chicken fried steak somewhere. Oh and Braums. Braums is god-tier ice cream and anyone who suggests elsewise is a dirty Texan liar. mad

TNP, what's something that you self-taught yourself?

Cheery Genius

Well, I'm teaching myself how to draw, I guess. I've never really taken a formal drawing class before, so I'm doing it on my own. I'm not aspiring to be a professional or anything close to it, I just like to draw for fun.

TNP: What's your opinion on strict parenting?

Cold Creature

In my opinion, strict parenting is necessary but being too strict would sometimes led to the children rebelling. My definition of a ‘Good child’ is one who has good morals, is self motivated and does well in school, and stays away from dangerous activities/peer pressure yet still has fun. I found that these children's parents are strict but they are open to any discussion, they let their children play hard but with responsibility and boundaries. But it's too early for me to say this since I'm not a parent, but maybe someday I will know how hard parenting could be.

TNP : What do you lie about the most ? why ?
Hmmm, I lie about my moods the most I guess.
My moods, and whatever i'm feeling at the time.
I guess I've just trained myself to keep a latently constant mood, and anything against that (once it isn't drastic) I just push away, so I guess that I also lie to myself about those thing too.
Honestly, it's like an exaggerated way of keeping calm, and, it has come in very handy, especially in when used with quick thinking and instinct. So yeah, It's more of an inbred instinct at this point, and i can't totally justify it, or at least, i can't totally express a way to justify it but it works, and that's good enough for me?

TNP: How would you interpret/qualify the phrase "Your life's body of work"?

Friendly Friend

I interpret the phrase to mean amazing things for successful people- paintings, poems, screenplays, sculpture.

For myself it means almost nothing... the work I have done with my dogs, my clothes, and my curio collection are about the only "body of work" I can think of. HOWEVER, I have some amazing curios. A Gallilean thermometer, a rock with real fossils in it, a chunk of amethyst that weight sixty eight pounds..... word.

What is your biggest failure, or the moment you most regret?
I had a teacher I looked up to a great deal. We got close because I wore this obscure T-shirt and he was the only one who got the reference at my school. We didn't even talk about it. He just looked at it and me with this knowing face. We made a lot of inside jokes in class no one else knew and he would do little things only I would notice if he thought I was down. I knew I could always depend on him if I ever had problems but never went to him. The entire year consisted of sly interactions that always seemed to have multiple meanings. My biggest regret is never actually having a straightforward conversation with him because we had so many secret, unspoken understandings it baffles me. I never told him this and probably never had to, but he has always held a special place in my heart.

EDIT: The more I reflect on this, the more I realize I actually loved him. I haven't been in any relationship that was as deep and lacking in superficiality. Bromance of my life ◉Д◉

What is your most memorable dream?

Friendly Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
I had a very strange and intense dream several years ago, that I will never forget.

Simplifying it here so it won't be too much of a read ^^;

In the beginning I was walking through a long tunnel, to each side of me different life stories were being shown, all from different times and different people.
They were not much alike at all yet still I somehow felt they were all the same person at their core and I was one of them too.

At the end of the tunnel I met an old Lady who seemed very familiar to me though I was sure I had never met her before in my life.

She offered me tea and we sat down for a long while before she asked me "How are you?"
Her voice was so sincere that I suddenly felt like I had to answer completely honestly.

I blurted out all of my fears, my supressed anger, the feelings of despair and hopelessness that I had been carrying for so long. I told her everything until I cried.

She chuckled at me and shrgged her shoulders and said "It is not like this is the first time you have felt this way and it certainly won't be the last time."

Here I laid my heart out before her and that was her response? I felt very insulted!

She noticed this and told me in a clear and stern voice "You know as well as I do that life is difficult, You should have learned at least that on your way here.
It's full of sorrow and hardship!"

I did not know what to say.

"But there is also the great moments, the meaningful and good moments, that come in between.
They are worth it! And you will have many in your future. I know it, because I remember them."

After I woke up I had a very different outlook on life and I still fully expect to dream the same dream again when I am finally that old woman, to meed myself again and give that lecture. wink

-----------------------

Now for my question; What makes you truly happy?

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Res.

Friends, family, and home truly make me happy. Nothing else in the world makes me more happy and content than the three listed. I can literally have no money but I can be happy as long as I have emotional and physical support from my family and friends.

TNP: Would you ever want to be a president of a country? Why or why not?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff