Welcome to Gaia! ::

If the answer is "1433 days", what is the question?

"At what point do libraries abandon fines and introduce hitmen?" 0.33039294306335 33.0% [ 824 ]
"How long does it take Stephen Hawking to sing Bohemian Rhapsody?" 0.25501202886929 25.5% [ 636 ]
"I am the Leap Year Killer, when will I strike next?" 0.41459502806736 41.5% [ 1034 ]
Total Votes:[ 2494 ]

Eloquent Friend

"Fantasy Zone." I know, it's quite originally titled. This is a very obscure arcade game from the 80s, and it's also damn near impossible. Think of space invaders on acid. I always loved this bright, happy-looking, colorful world filled with multi-story flowers and trees. I imagine before the alien invasion (don't worry, the hero eventually saves us in the most cliche story imaginable!), it is mightily peaceful and beautiful.

TNP: What is the worst physical pain you've ever endured?

Friendly Friend

When I shattered my ankle and tore my knee out. Intense, blinding pain, and then a terrible ache for the next nine months combined with the muscle spasms that come from not moving. Then the terrifying pain of learning to walk again. Oh, life.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why?

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I would get rid of my prediabetes to make my life easier and to lower my risk of developing the incurable Type 2 diabetes.

How do you feel about the educational system (US)?

User Image

(lost a bet)

V I am dying to know more about the non-US education systems. PM me if you wish.

V Ok. I will be on standby.
^ - I can get to you on that subject in the near future, due to the fact I am out of the states at the moment on a trip. So I have little time for typing out a big pm.

I've been educated in three different countries.

The US being one (and my current home, though I'm off on a trip to Europe again.)

From my observation and experience I feel as though school was a lot more fun in the US. However I feel as though the students were not given much freedom.

Example. In France you could just leave on lunch or whatever without the police and parents freaking out.

But this is just from ONE school in the entire United States.

I very much enjoyed my education in New England, some of my fondest memories are from school.

It seems as though students don't care as much?
Majority did but it seems as though school was a joke to a few.
But that's in every country.

Also, funding SUCKS.

And the whole "No child left behind"?
So if a school isn't doing well with test scores the state should take funding AWAY?

This was crazy and made no sense to me.

I still love the US though <3

TNP:
What is your favorite thing to cook and why?
Anything hot and savory that only requires nothing more than a microwave. It sounds lazy, yes, but I can't really choose when I'm shut in hostel. And that's the only time I get to cook. So far, anything tomato-related will top the list of things I cook.

A language you'd like to have perfect mastery of, if it took you no effort?

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

uh, vietnamese. haha. I'm sure that would make my parents happy XD

what kind of job would you want if money wasn't a problem?

Friendly Friend

No job? Or maybe something charitable in another country.

Do you belive in UFOs / aliens coming to Earth?

Invisible Phantom

Kind of. It depends on what you mean by aliens. I definitely believe there's life out there, but intelligent life may not be quite as likely. I believe that there's no way of knowing until they actually show their faces. But I also believe that there's no way we can predict everything in this universe; there are bound to be some things we just won't see coming.

Which language in the world would you most want to be able to speak, and which components of that language do you like best? (like phonetics, words, syntax etc.)

Questionable Cat

Honestly, I would love to be able to be able to speak Hindi.
I actually don't know if I have any components that I like best about that language, but it's the culture that makes me want to learn it. I have always had a fascination with Indian culture and to be able to just go to India and be able to understand almost everything that is being said would be just so awesome. (Yes I know they have several different families of languages there but still).
Also, if I could understand Hindi, I would be able to cook from actual Indian cookbooks >_> Most of the food I make in my home is Indian, even though I'm a very, very white girl with a Polish grandmother who cant understand why I only have one small binder full of Polish recopies.

If you had to choose between loosing your hearing or your sense of smell/taste, which would you choose and why?

Eternal Lunatic

12,900 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I would probably choose to lose my hearing. Sense of smell/taste links one to many memories and feelings...I just don't think I could give it up. The smell of jasmine tea, honeysuckles blooming, my husband's pillow...

What is your view on parallel universes or alternate dimensions?

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Taste/smell. Music is a passion of mine and I would die if I can't live with within it.

Which virtue, do you think, is the strongest of them all?

Unsealed Rogue

13,975 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
To me, it's all about humility. When you become humble to yourself and others, you'll truly understand respect. It's a beautiful thing.

I've always been humble in my life. It's a reason why many of my friends say that I'm the nicest person they've met. I think it's an exaggeration, but now I can see why this is.

Growing up without a father, I learned to be humble through thick and thin. Through my early years with this sense of humility, I learned to show respect and understand what it truly means. Respect doesn't simply grow from trees and it's definitely something that doesn't happen overnight. With respect comes trust, and beautiful relationships between friends occur. 'Til today, I believe in this "code" of mine to stay humble to everyone who are either familiar or not familiar to me. I'm a bit flattered when people say that I'm nice. Well, in reality, I'm just being humble. No shame in that.

The strongest virtue of them all? Humility.

TNP: If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
To tell if someone is lying or not, read minds I guess.
That would greatly benefit me!

Tnp, what was your greatest accomplishment?
Pulling through my firsy completed NaNo. Seriously, that feeling when you finally finish your 60k word story is just... yeah.

Stay in real life or live in a fictional world of your choice, and why?

Blessed Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Stay in real life. Here, things aren't black and white. I'm neither a hero nor a villain, and neither is anyone else. Also, here I can write my own endings.

TNP: What's the song you listen to when you're sad? Why does it make you feel better?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff