Welcome to Gaia! ::

If the answer is "1433 days", what is the question?

"At what point do libraries abandon fines and introduce hitmen?" 0.33039294306335 33.0% [ 824 ]
"How long does it take Stephen Hawking to sing Bohemian Rhapsody?" 0.25501202886929 25.5% [ 636 ]
"I am the Leap Year Killer, when will I strike next?" 0.41459502806736 41.5% [ 1034 ]
Total Votes:[ 2494 ]

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Some crazed combination of old video games, 80s music videos and other nonsensical junk with one warehouse of all the information I know. Wait, that's my thoughts. The real inside of my brain would just be a grey mass.

What items on your avi do you wish you could wear irl?

Xonked's Senpai

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
Pretty much all of it. It's a fashion style I like, but it's too expensive in real life to afford.

What would you say your best talent is?

Shirtless Codger

20,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I guess my art skills. People seem to know me as "that girl who draws a lot," or "that girl who always has paint up and down her arms." And I'm not very proud of much else in my life, so my ability to do artistic things is my best talent.

What is something that you take for granted?

Kindly Shapeshifter

7,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I think I take my own friend (who I won't name here) for granted. I met her a few years ago and at the time I didn't even like her, but we were forced together because of mutual friends. Over the years we've grown closer, and I really love her, but sometimes she's hard to be around for different reasons (we just have very different personalities). But she is one of the most honest, truly kind people I know. Recently I've gone through a breakup and she has been there for me so much, so much more than I deserve I think. I realize now that she is a much bigger part of my life than I thought before, and I appreciate her being there for me so much.

If you were going to be paid a lot of money to write an autobiography, what parts of your life would you focus most on?

Tipsy Flatterer

Well, my transition (and how I came to the conclusion that I'm trans in the first place) would be the obvious choice. But I guess I'd also concentrate on making it as a writer (which I haven't done yet, but if I were writing an autobiography, I hope I' would've been one by then...) I'd also mention my boyfriend a lot.~

If you have a job: Do you like it? Why/not?
If you don't: Which would be your ultimate job, and why?

Questionable Cat

This might turn into a bit of a rant.

I have a love/hate relationship with my job.
You see, I'm in the social work field. I got my bachelors in psychology, knowing I would be going into social work. No biggie. But you see, I don't live in a big city. Ohhh no. I live a bit away from a large city.

At first, I didn't think this job would be so bad, in fact it is a significant upgrade from my other job where I was an in-home care giver to some clients of this agency. I kinda got stabbed in the back multiple times from that job, they didn't take taxes out of my paycheck, I had to use my own gas to drive clients around (which didn't do much to take down the $1k I owed in taxes this year) and this one older male, hairy, client didn't wear pants. Or have air conditioning.... In Florida. Etc.

So anyways this job is more up my ally, I have over 90 mentally disabled clients that come into the program to work each day and they go to some groups every now and then (I teach one, in fact) and yadda yadda. It's busy, no day is the same, and I really do like my clients. Sure I've gotten hurt every now and then from a variety of things, and some of the work they do can be pretty dirty, but it's rewarding for them. It gives me a sense of purpose, to know that I am helping to make a difference in their life.

But then comes the pay. I make just as much as people who don't have a bachelors degree there, and all they need is a certification and then a renewal every so often. That kind of hurts. I also get made fun of by some co-workers for this. Har. Har. Har.
If I were still living from where I am originally from, I could be paid at least six dollars more an hour for a job like mine with my degree. Aha.

I am starting graduate school this fall (at least, I'm applying and I am really, really hoping I get in) for my masters in social work and then looking to move back to where I am from.

Oh look, that did turn into a rant.

What are some of the things that you look for in a significant other?

Sparkly Girl

He has to be fun and cute and has to like Disney. 4laugh heart

But in all seriousness, besides just being funny and overall being a good person, dependability is an attractive trait.
Can he take care of himself? Can he take care of me?
It's a trait that's recently become more important to me as an adult.
I'm still so immature. sweatdrop

What's your relationship like with your parents (or legal guardians)?

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I am on good terms with my mother, but I am on unresolved terms with my father. I find him to be abhorrent and a jerk face now.

Do you listen to podcasts regularly?

Shade

12,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Mark Twain 100
Yep!

What is your least favorite flower? Why?

Kindly Shapeshifter

7,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I don't really like Poinsettias. I've just never really found them that beautiful, and they're around everywhere during the holidays. They make me miss certain people as well.

What is/was your current/most recent relationship like?

Eloquent Friend

The short answer is I am a contentedly single man. I am a gay yet asexual man. I am not actively seeking. I have gone on dates, and they went nowhere. I've only had one true relationship, and it was an unusual one. We've only crossed paths IRL once. Beyond that, it's entirely been long distance. I realized it was not a way to continue. We had lives to make of ourselves, and we had no way to be together. We peacefully separated years ago, but we remain very dear distant friends. I do not expect a relationship again.

There's more to this answer but I will spare the eyes 3nodding

TNP: When was the last time you lost your temper with someone?

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
It was at my cousin's graduation ceremony with her and my mom. I was following her and I was trying to help her out of the room since her leg was in a brace. Her mother came by and hugged her a lot. My mom wanted to leave the room and avoid drama when her mother tried to pull her to talk to her grandfather. I tried to politely tell her that we had an dinner appointment since I thought it would get her off my cousin's back and she said, "Oh shut up , you are already retarded."

I didn't hit her, or call her something back. I gently placed my hand on my cousin's back and flipped off her mother. Then when I heard something from her AGAIN, I raised the bird higher. It's the incident that's kindling my desire to change my last name.

That, and another incident where my dad bullies my cousin's brother, but that's a story for another time.

Is there a relative you absolutely hate being around?

Bashful Star

My mom's oldest brother. He's a verbally abusive a*****e who screwed up my cousin emotionally, cheated on his wife of 25+ years, bullied my mom as kids, and is generally an unpleasant person to be around.

What's one thing you hope to accomplish this summer?

Nyumonster's Significant Otter

O.G. Noob

Hopefully get a job, preferably a permenant job, I'm sick of feeling useless like I'm just a drain on society and that nobody wants me and that my skills are frankly non existant, i'd like a job so that I'm actually doing something.

What subject do you find the most interesting? (poltics, history, music etc)

Friendly Friend

History. Particularly the Tudor Era. I have a huge thing for Henry the Eighth.

If you had to choose one country to spend the rest of your life in, which would it be and why?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff