Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Fairy

19,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
and a litte bit of PIXIE fluff.*.*.**.**.*

A whole lotta whining going on in here"what the fluff......its a game...relax cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine

Deadly Lovergirl

JayLoo
A whole lotta whining going on in here"what the fluff......its a game...relax

cat_stare And you're no better for whining about other people "whining". I think we're entitled to our complaints, seeing as how it's been more than 14 days since this event was released, and there are STILL glitches in it making it unplayable for a lot of us. cat_talk2hand

Senpipi's Significant Otter

Desirable Fox

Pugnacious Banana
i just finished raising my 10th fluff and i have never felt so glad before to be done with an event. gonk

i think the event and games would have been more fun if the glitches had been fixed quicker, i guess. and if i didn't feel compelled to get every achievement always. event achievements generally take forever and make the event seem less fun because it's always a lot of doing the same thing over and over.
but i guess they can't make them too easy to get. sweatdrop then it wouldn't feel like an achievement.
i liked that the dancing game was back.

i enjoyed the event but i'm glad i'm finished playing because i will probably now be seeing tic tac toe in my sleep for a while..

exactly xD i am always pestering everyone i see with tic-tac-toe challenges emotion_facepalm
I'm on my 5th (and last) fluff now.
I no longer even bother with the games, just wash & feed & walk my fluff at home, put it to bed when it gets tired.

I am actually quite impressed with the look of the shops & things in Towns2 - Phin Phang is amazing! They put a lot of effort into making it pretty.

Too bad it crashes my system if I have it open for more than about 5 minutes...my system + Flash = BAD.

Magnetic Phantom

raggedy grrl
Oh, and it really was unpleasant to go to the forum and see other people posting about how they were on their 14th fluff or fluff #28 when I was laboring to get to 5. Still not sure how the heck they did that.

I was puzzled about that too - and then I remembered they're selling food that regenerates energy for GC.
I suppose it must have been either that or else people who managed to be super fast in this event must have had quite a bit more of free time on their hands than I do.

raggedy grrl
Tic-Tac-Fluff is exceedingly dull.

Word. Unfortunately, I didn't find the other two games playable when I tried.
I wonder what they're planning to do with it if you have extra VP fluff food after the event ends.

Does it go away? Become un-soulbound? Become regular 'pet' food for whatever pet you wind up with?

Magnetic Phantom

JayLoo
A whole lotta whining going on in here"what the fluff......its a game

Why is it automatically "whining" when somebody states that something just doesn't meet their expectations?

Yes, it is a game. Games are supposed to be fun.
Obviously, a lot of people seem to think this one isn't all that fun. So it defeats its purpose.

Also, while it may be a game, it is also the work of somebody. When you work somewhere on something and there happens to be room for improvement (to put it mildly) with the product of your labor, do you dismiss this kind of criticism as "whining" as well?

Magnetic Phantom

Mam-Kiya
I'm on my 5th (and last) fluff now.
I no longer even bother with the games, just wash & feed & walk my fluff at home, put it to bed when it gets tired.

I am actually quite impressed with the look of the shops & things in Towns2 - Phin Phang is amazing! They put a lot of effort into making it pretty.

Too bad it crashes my system if I have it open for more than about 5 minutes...my system + Flash = BAD.

Awh that must take even longer then. sad

I wish they didn't rely on flash for their events. There are always people who state that their system or their connection just doesn't allow for it.
We've had events where the flash-requiring part was only optional - and people mentioned their problems with that.
Next we had events where the flash-requiring part was necessary for us to participate in the whole of the event, but at least one could still participate in other bits of it. People voiced their criticism of that too.
Now we have an event where if you can't use flash, you're basically left out.

I mean, I get they're all into the shiny stuff and all and sure the artwork is pretty nice,
but it's kind of sad when there are people who are being left out like that.
The idea is cute.
The implementation could stand improvement, but they've had a LOT of feedback about that. Seems to be much more effort than it's worth to succeed for most people.

I wonder what the pet system will be like when it launches, and if the games (perhaps in a modified form) will still exist for that.
Anjoulie
I do have a fish tank. I open it, feed the fish, grab the overseer quick, and close it as fast as I can. Sometimes it's not fast enough, and my system goes wonky.

This event has been an adeventure in frustration for me.
I would actually like to have been able to participate fully, but don't really enjoy rebooting my computer every 10 minutes or so.

Magnetic Phantom

Mam-Kiya
I do have a fish tank. I open it, feed the fish, grab the overseer quick, and close it as fast as I can. Sometimes it's not fast enough, and my system goes wonky.

This event has been an adeventure in frustration for me.
I would actually like to have been able to participate fully, but don't really enjoy rebooting my computer every 10 minutes or so.

That sounds terrible.
While I can access the flash areas, I notice that it does cause my computer to work extra hard.
I hardly ever play BG because that worries me, and if I do (I haven't in many months) I avoid tanks that are stuffed with very detailed fish. Like, I noticed that lots of these merman will make the game freeze for me, even on the lowest settings.

When they worked on the event, they must have updated towns 2 because when they introduced housing in there, I couldn't access it anymore whereas I could back when we had the Olympics event. I had to update my OS so I could install a newer version of flash.

Your situation seems worse tho.
I am on a very old desktop. Vista is my op...(Virus Is Standard To All).

Vista seems to consider Flash to be a virus, and attempts to stop it from running successfully, or tells me I need to update Flash pretty much daily.

This event has been very hard for me to enjoy, because it's all Flash based.
At least in Towns (1), you could walk from screen to screen without it having to reload each and every time.

Borg

Anjoulie
I was puzzled about that too - and then I remembered they're selling food that regenerates energy for GC.

I suppose it must have been either that or else people who managed to be super fast in this event must have had quite a bit more of free time on their hands than I do.

Ah, maybe the food was the secret...never thought about buying it, don't have much GC.

I finally turned in my 10th fluff about five minutes ago...finally done. I saw another person had over 35 yesterday, and will probably have 40 by the time we're done...!!!

I've been working on a project for the last couple of weeks that's had me on the computer around the clock. Whenever I took a break, I did WTF if my fluff's energy was restored...so I think I probably put in an above-average amount of time on this event.

Even though this past week has gone more smoothly for me, the best I've done was one fluff a day...

Anyhow, finished my silly fluff treat thread with my explanations about fluffs, experiments, and discussions about food made from fluffs... biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
It's painful. The most painful event I've ever attended and I've been on Gaia since 2004.

Mostly because of the way loyalty works.

Borg

AlexStrings
I am on a very old desktop. Vista is my op...(Virus Is Standard To All).

Vista seems to consider Flash to be a virus, and attempts to stop it from running successfully, or tells me I need to update Flash pretty much daily.

I thought Vista was a virus... rofl

Seriously, though, maybe one of these links will help:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas