Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

We should be able to equip more fluffs no our avis yes?

Nah, 3 is good 0.2799412196914 28.0% [ 381 ]
Yes, at least 5 or 6 0.1234386480529 12.3% [ 168 ]
A dozen! 0.03600293901543 3.6% [ 49 ]
I want to be surrounded by fluffs!!! 0.56061719324026 56.1% [ 763 ]
Total Votes:[ 1361 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 205 206 207 > >> >>> »|

Mega Hoarder

Please do not quote this post!
NOT UP TO DATE!!!

There's a typo in the poll, sorry! ( on not no)

Uncle Kenny has posted an event guide:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/what-the-fluff/official-what-the-fluff-event-pet-care-guide/t.86463579/

many many thanks to all those who have helped with info!! heart
Also, many thanks to emorhconom esor and others for answering questions while I was offline! <3

To get a fluff:

Go to towns2 and find Blaze. You have to have a house in Towns 2 to get a fluff. This is so the fluff has somewhere to go and sleep!

If you don't want a pegacorn fluff, say no when Blaze offers you one, and she will give you other choices. (thank you Lady Aji for this info!)

Once you have nursed your fluff back to full health etc, you turn it in to Blaze, and then you can get another one. You do lose the fluff you turn in, and you get an item. For those who are reluctant to give up their fluff, please realize that you will lose the fluff when the event ends anyway. Just do it and be happy you have nursed one poor little fluff back to full health!

From Uncle Kenny's thread:
You will not get to keep the fluffs you raise during the event but if you redeem a fully loyal Pegacorn Fluff with Blaze, you will get a Pegacorn Pet item that will be used as an actual pet in the full Pet system launch.

I turned in my pegacorn and got Pet: Pegacorn Fluff!
User Image

You also get a mystery pet item for raising 3 fluffs back to health. This apparently can be made into any of the other event fluffs.

see this post by memoryoftomorrow. Here's what Lanzer has posted:

- What you want is to raise your loyalty meter to full, and that's done by leaving your fluff happy at the end of day. Every 24 hours, loyalty goes up depending on how happy your fluff is.

It is only loyalty that has to be full. My fluff is ready to turn it tho I've done almost nothing with it. Maybe loyalty just increases with time?

Apparently turning in your fluff is glitchy atm. It was just announced that this is fixed now! In fact there have been several fixes, see this announcement

To equip your fluff, you must be in Towns 2. Go to your house and click on your fluff to bring up the stats window, then select Equip. To unequip, send it home.

If you put your cursor over the status bars, you get this info:

Health: Use food to restore your pet's health.
Energy: Use sleep or energy bars to restore your pet's energy.
Happiness: Walk your pet or play games to increase your pet's happiness.
Loyalty:The more you use your pet the more loyal it will be.

ENERGY:
To regain energy your pet must go to sleep in your house. It is unclear if you have to stay with it or leave and come back. Some people are getting results by leaving others aren't. My pet went to my house to sleep, and I left towns, after over an hour I went to check on it, because the stats hadn't changed, and when I equipped it, the energy was full.

So, some people are getting results by leaving and then coming back. If your pet goes to your house to sleep, try closing towns and re=entering. Also, some people are not able to find their fluff in their house. Try closing and re-entering. Apparently there are layers and your fluff may be on a different layer.

Your fluff will not sleep if it is full of energy! You must play with it and wear it out.

HEALTH: Your pet gains health from food and treats.

You can buy food for gold or gc from Blaze, and there is a free food item on the event page. Click your fluff to bring up the stats window, and select feed.

When my fluffs health got low I fed him and it went up.

TREATS: Fluffs need treats! heart Treating builds your status in the forum... dunno where that's going yet. The more treats you give the higher you rise in status.

Your fluff must be equipped to be treated!

To treat fluffs, just click the treat button below someone's avi.

There is apparently a max limit on treats for each pet each day.

If the treat button is greyed out, that pet has had a treat recently. Keep looking for a fluff to treat! Also there seems to be a limit on how many treats a pet can have in a day.

Treats increase health and energy! How do I know? I just clicked to treat someone and got an error message saying it couldn't increase health or energy. I'm guessing they already had full health and energy.

HAPPINESS: Play with your pet and keep it clean. And again we aren't sure if treats affect this. See games info below!

LOYALTY:
Not sure - my theory, the amount of time you spend in towns with the fluff equipped, even if you aren't actually playing a game. That's what I think but it's unproven as yet. Also people are reporting playing games and washing increases loyalty.

according to emorhconom esor, you increase loyalty by winning challenges against other fluffs. Haven't done any challenges myself, so I don't know for sure. I still think spending time with it will increase loyalty also.

According to Shann_D
"The best way I found to earn loyalty was to wash my pet before a tic-tac-toe match with someone.
It doesn't matter if you win or lose the match, as long as you play as much as you can. Washing your fluff will increase its speed as you go about your matches. At the end of every match, you'll notice an increase in your fluff's loyalty."

memoryoftomorrow reports loyalty increasing while picking flowers in towns with the fluff.

ACHIEVEMENTS: There are three. See Uncle Kenny's guide.

ITEMS: Here is what it says on the event page: If you help out enough fluffs, you can earn exclusive event items! This is fluffs you have nursed back to full health and happiness and turn it to Blaze.
You get a fluff balloon item for turning in your first healed pet. (ty to HououMinamino)

There is also a t shirt, and a fluff pet, as well as the pegacorn you can earn.

GAMES:
There are three.

Tic Tac Toe: You challenge another fluff by clicking on it.Here's a pic:
User Image

It says the winner will get an increase in happiness.

I assume everyone knows how to play Tic Tac Toe! The game will prompt you when it's your turn. People have reported some glitches on this.

Fluff Run: Click on the Fluff Cop icon in Gambino Plaza:
User Image

The object of this game is for your fluff to go thru all the flags without being caught by the fluff cops. You can fend them off by feeding them donuts. You might find extra donuts laying on the ground - grab them! The fluff will race on its own, you don't do anything but protect it.

If your fluff gets caught by a cop apparently they lose health. cry According to Beenz it takes more than one hit to lose all health.

DDR: see this post by Vindictive Resolve! Thanks for the help!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/what-the-fluff/treat-the-fluffs-care-info-energy-resolved-updated-again/t.86452603_712/#712

For more info on games, seethis post by Deruku Rorude Kaine

FORUM STATUS:

Not sure if this list is complete:
You start with Fluff Snob, then Fluff Fan, then Fluff Sitter, Fluff Care Worker, then Fluff Healer, then Fluff Master, Fluff Savior ( the highest known as of this writing). presumably there are higher level(s) since no one yet has reported getting an item. You can see info about your status by putting your cursor over it.

Miscellaneous:

You can rename your fluff, thru the stats window. Just double click the name and a box will open for you to rename it.

You can click on other peoples fluffs and see their stats.

Don't forget to get your wing sticker from the event page!

Scurvy Pirate

Adding in the updated Towns code momentarily. Just have to roll things out one at a time to make sure everything has what it needs.

Mega Hoarder

Uncle Kenny
Adding in the updated Towns code momentarily. Just have to roll things out one at a time to make sure everything has what it needs.

cool, thanks! biggrin

Mega Hoarder

bump - see Uncle Kenny's post above!

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

Uncle Kenny

███████████████

♫ I was confused too thanks for the info.
Gave your fluff a treat ^.^ ♫

Mega Hoarder

I am eagerly awaiting the fluffs!

Cold Snowflake

RafiCat
edit - I got a pegacorn fluff! Go to towns 2 and get yours!

clicking play takes you to towns2. I'm guessing we are supposed to find them? I wandered around a bit, but saw no fluffs... I don't know if we should look in towns or in the neighborhoods.... anyone find one yet?

I don't suppose you know where I get my pegacorn fluff? I visited my house but I have no idea how to activate it. I feel really quite stupid but I thought I'd ask you because perhaps you could help me out. Thanks.

Mega Hoarder

K i m z y
RafiCat

clicking play takes you to towns2. I'm guessing we are supposed to find them? I wandered around a bit, but saw no fluffs... I don't know if we should look in towns or in the neighborhoods.... anyone find one yet?

I don't suppose you know where I get my pegacorn fluff? I visited my house but I have no idea how to activate it. I feel really quite stupid but I thought I'd ask you because perhaps you could help me out. Thanks.

just go to towns 2, to west market area and get one from blaze - you need the soul of fluff item

Cold Snowflake

RafiCat
K i m z y
RafiCat

just go to towns 2, to west market area and get one from blaze - you need the soul of fluff item

I have one, so thanks for the help. smile

I'll be sure to feed your fluff as thanks for helping me out.

Sweetest Fisher

33,515 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I got a fluff >o<

Deathly Protagonist

50,365 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
I have one as well! biggrin