Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should I make an art shop after this?

YES! 0.61224489795918 61.2% [ 180 ]
NO. 0.037414965986395 3.7% [ 11 ]
wat 0.35034013605442 35.0% [ 103 ]
Total Votes:[ 294 ]

Hopping Lunatic

Warrior Protodermis
Argh... Every time I think I'm finished with this picture, something else always comes up...
Ok. I'm done messing with this picture. I swear.

User Image
I figured out how to use my scanner properly so that the background is white (not icky gray) and I shaded some stuff.

Hopping Lunatic

rogue blood angel
Usagi-Baka
eek

Also, stop insulting my faieries >_<

gonk
sowwy!
I didn't mean too! Some people have retarded faieries? or fairies. *shrugs*
*Rosia runs away*

XD My faieries- oops, I mean fairies -are not retarded. They're just... Open... To many different genres of music...

Stone-cold Rogue

Usagi-Baka
rogue blood angel
Usagi-Baka
eek

gonk
sowwy!
*Rosia runs away*

XD My faieries- oops, I mean fairies -are not retarded. They're just... Open... To many different genres of music...

oooh you're talking about fairies not faieries! yeah those ones are okay. I prefer my demons, well then again I have lived with them my whole life.
everyone's demons, ghosts, ghouls, monsters, fairies, or whatever, usually have a wide range until they get really old. Then the range starts to solidify to one region.

s'kewl bro emotion_dealwithit

oh and I love that drawing you posted above biggrin

Hopping Lunatic

rogue blood angel
Usagi-Baka
rogue blood angel
Usagi-Baka
eek

gonk
sowwy!
*Rosia runs away*

oooh you're talking about fairies not faieries! yeah those ones are okay. I prefer my demons, well then again I have lived with them my whole life.
everyone's demons, ghosts, ghouls, monsters, fairies, or whatever, usually have a wide range until they get really old. Then the range starts to solidify to one region.

Huh? What are faieries confused
Hm. I've been living with a couple of half-demons for a while now. Aren't demons more of a... hassle? Wait... What are we talking about here?

oh, thank you ^_^

Stone-cold Rogue

Usagi-Baka
rogue blood angel

Hm. I've been living with a couple of half-demons for a while now. Aren't demons more of a... hassle? Wait... What are we talking about here?

oh, thank you ^_^

retarded fairies. It's actually another way of spelling 'fairies' maybe an older way? I just remember seeing it on the spine of a book.

Half demons? I live with the spawn of Satan. Or at least I think I do.
Demons aren't a hassle if you let them...consume you....or just do as they instruct.
We're talking about music beings that corrupt our inner ear. I think....wait...

we were talking about where ideas came from. Or at least I was when I was talking with Warrior Protodermis. What are you talking about?

it is lovely. In a way ( twisted )

Hopping Lunatic

rogue blood angel
Usagi-Baka
rogue blood angel

oh, thank you ^_^

retarded fairies. It's actually another way of spelling 'fairies' maybe an older way? I just remember seeing it on the spine of a book.

Demons aren't a hassle if you let them...consume you....or just do as they instruct.

we were talking about where ideas came from. Or at least I was when I was talking with Warrior Protodermis. What are you talking about?

Hm, I've never seen that spelling before. *shrugs*

spawn of Satan? Hah. Try an older brother. It's ten times worse.
As a rabbit, I can't say I enjoy being consumed. Also I don't taste good.
I have no idea what I'm talking about

Hahaha my ideas come from the sky XD Yeah I have no idea what I'm talking about

Is it lovely enough to open an art shoppe? Oh wait. In what way.

Stone-cold Rogue

Usagi-Baka
rogue blood angel

I only saw it on a book

That's what I'm talking about. My older brother.
As a human, I'm always a target to be consumed. must be nice to be a rabbit, I held a baby one once and it scratched me.

No one knows what they talk about, it's a bit of insanity that makes us sane. Or stress, are you tired? maybe you should take a powernap, I heard rabbits get heartattacks easily from stress.

mmm I'm not sure about that. I haven't seen enough art shops to see the range of works that is usually in the area, but I have found a totally awesome guide to making an art shop: here It is your bible for art shops.
It is hilarious and a tad offensive depending on your view, but it's super helpful. Check it maybe?

I was going to open an art shop just by browsing the other ones for ideas and then I decided to look up a guide, this guide has helped me decide against my stupidity for blindly opening an art shop. It is amazing. Hope you can find some uses for it like many others have?

Hopping Lunatic

rogue blood angel
Usagi-Baka
rogue blood angel

I only saw it on a book

As a human, I'm always a target to be consumed. must be nice to be a rabbit, I held a baby one once and it scratched me.

No one knows what they talk about, it's a bit of insanity that makes us sane. Or stress, are you tired? maybe you should take a powernap, I heard rabbits get heartattacks easily from stress.

mmm I'm not sure about that. I haven't seen enough art shops to see the range of works that is usually in the area, but I have found a totally awesome guide to making an art shop: here It is your bible for art shops.
It is hilarious and a tad offensive depending on your view, but it's super helpful. Check it maybe?

I was going to open an art shop just by browsing the other ones for ideas and then I decided to look up a guide, this guide has helped me decide against my stupidity for blindly opening an art shop. It is amazing. Hope you can find some uses for it like many others have?

You have an older brother too? sad Older brothers suck.
I can't think of anyone who would want to consume a human... I can't imagine they taste very good... Being a rabbit is tough! There used to be a few that lived in my back yard when I was little. Their little family survived winter by living off the heat of our house (they dug their little hole right up against our house and they ate my dad's veggie garden).

I'm living life on the edge! XD I get stressed out so much I'm probably always an inch away from death's door.

Thank you for the guide! XD It's hilarious and it gives a lot of good tips. I'm actually making a shop now. I'm really slow at everything, so it'll probably take me a couple more weeks to get everything the way I want it. How well do you think an art shoppe would go with a roleplay café in it?

Aww... But your art is so lovely...
Uh... And... Can you give me any critiques or comments on my art? I want to get better.

Stone-cold Rogue

Usagi-Baka
rogue blood angel
I only saw it on a book

I can't think of anyone who would want to consume a human... I can't imagine they taste very good... Being a rabbit is tough! There used to be a few that lived in my back yard when I was little. Their little family survived winter by living off the heat of our house (they dug their little hole right up against our house and they ate my dad's veggie garden).

I'm living life on the edge! XD I get stressed out so much I'm probably always an inch away from death's door.

Thank you for the guide! XD It's hilarious and it gives a lot of good tips. I'm actually making a shop now. I'm really slow at everything, so it'll probably take me a couple more weeks to get everything the way I want it. How well do you think an art shoppe would go with a roleplay café in it?

Uh... And... Can you give me any critiques or comments on my art? I want to get better.

Sometimes they're demons, but other times they're pretty kewl.

Haha! Demons always love humans~ Since you're a vegetarian(rabbit diet) you wouldn't understand demons much. AHAHAHA Rabbits are smart! They are kind of mooches for using your energy and food, but they were smart enough to use it!

Nuuuuu! DON'T DIE! WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RABBIT LOST TO HEART ATTACKS!

Yeah, it was teh best thing! I noticed how ugly my art freebie threads were....they were horrid! I hope I can get a better layout for my next ones. I have a good one in mind. Roleplay Café? That sounds interesting, but how would you know if someone's buying if their comment gets buried by RPs? Maybe you'll need a special code that the buyer has to put in or soemthing that would grasp your attention. or do you intend on scanning all the pages of said thread. You are constructing your thread in the test forums right? It's a great idea to start there. Once you finish all your sections, I suggest leaving it for a week and then come back to it, because you might think it's totally awesome now, but once you look at it in a week, you'll find flaws.

Like the guide said, if you aren't confident, don't do it. I would like to have a proper critic to know where I stand before I do anything. I will also be researching other shops to see how I should price.

Critique? mm I never really gave someone a critique before so I won't know if I did it right.... I did learn how to give a proper critique in art class, maybe I should dig that up for reference...
Do you want me to critique solely that drawing? or would you like me to critique overall (yes, I'm stalking you. I am on your DA page and looking at other works)

Hopping Lunatic

rogue blood angel
Usagi-Baka

Sometimes they're demons, but other times they're pretty kewl.

Haha! Demons always love humans~ Since you're a vegetarian(rabbit diet) you wouldn't understand demons much. AHAHAHA Rabbits are smart! They are kind of mooches for using your energy and food, but they were smart enough to use it!

Nuuuuu! DON'T DIE! WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RABBIT LOST TO HEART ATTACKS!

Yeah, it was teh best thing! I noticed how ugly my art freebie threads were....they were horrid! I hope I can get a better layout for my next ones. I have a good one in mind. Roleplay Café? That sounds interesting, but how would you know if someone's buying if their comment gets buried by RPs? Maybe you'll need a special code that the buyer has to put in or soemthing that would grasp your attention. or do you intend on scanning all the pages of said thread. You are constructing your thread in the test forums right? It's a great idea to start there. Once you finish all your sections, I suggest leaving it for a week and then come back to it, because you might think it's totally awesome now, but once you look at it in a week, you'll find flaws.

Like the guide said, if you aren't confident, don't do it. I would like to have a proper critic to know where I stand before I do anything. I will also be researching other shops to see how I should price.

Critique? mm I never really gave someone a critique before so I won't know if I did it right.... I did learn how to give a proper critique in art class, maybe I should dig that up for reference...
Do you want me to critique solely that drawing? or would you like me to critique overall (yes, I'm stalking you. I am on your DA page and looking at other works)

My brother is never kewl... or cool :c

Yeah... Rabbits sure are smart... When my dad filled their hole up with bricks, they ended up digging their new hole right in the center of our backyard... Out in the open...

Don't worry! I can't die! I'm a comic relief character! XD

Here's what I've got so far. It's a work in progress.
I've seen a few different ways that people have made sure that they don't loose track of requests. One person told people to put the page number where their form was posted in the title of the trade. A lot of people make the form colorful to stand out or add an eye catching picture to the code of the form. Plus, I don't think too many people will roleplay on my thread. After all, if you're on the art request subsection of the mini shops, wont people be looking for art, not roleplaying?
I was confident enough to make a fancy-shmancy sign and I'm working on making some nice looking samples, but the guide is kinda making me a little worried that my art may not be good enough. I'll start with very low prices and if I get too many customers, I'll raise the prices.

O_O You're on my DA page? ...Uh... This is embarrassing... Most of the stuff on there kinda sucks...
I've never taken any art classes, so I wouldn't even know how to tell a good critique from a bad one. I don't mind what you critique me on. either way is fine, I guess.

Stone-cold Rogue

Usagi-Baka
My brother is never kewl... or cool :c
Yeah... Rabbits sure are smart... When my dad filled their hole up with bricks, they ended up digging their new hole right in the center of our backyard... Out in the open...
Don't worry! I can't die! I'm a comic relief character! XD
Here's what I've got so far. It's a work in progress.
I've seen a few different ways that people have made sure that they don't loose track of requests. One person told people to put the page number where their form was posted in the title of the trade. A lot of people make the form colorful to stand out or add an eye catching picture to the code of the form. Plus, I don't think too many people will roleplay on my thread. After all, if you're on the art request subsection of the mini shops, wont people be looking for art, not roleplaying?
I was confident enough to make a fancy-shmancy sign and I'm working on making some nice looking samples, but the guide is kinda making me a little worried that my art may not be good enough. I'll start with very low prices and if I get too many customers, I'll raise the prices.

O_O You're on my DA page? ...Uh... This is embarrassing... Most of the stuff on there kinda sucks...
I've never taken any art classes, so I wouldn't even know how to tell a good critique from a bad one. I don't mind what you critique me on. either way is fine, I guess.

DEAR GAIA! WHYYYY! I TYPED UP A GOOD CRITIC AND NOW YOU GOT RID OF IT! (typed something up, went to post it and then Gaia wouldn't load and I couldn't go back to save what I typed crying ) At least you're saved of a long post now since I am NOT retyping everything! scream

I laughed at that, am I the spawn of satan now? My dad put a composter on top of a groundhog's hole once.

yay for not dying!

nice shop so far, I like the introduction. Since it's not complete yet, I won't comment on anything else. That's a good idea to have an eyecatching form, and if you were to get a set of RPers who happen to post a lot, it's a good thing to have just in case. I can't wait for your shop to open. I want to look at all your samples ♥
That's a good idea, what I'm doing is I'm going to make some samples after I figure out which categories or whatever I'm doing and then I'll look around the art shop and find where my art stands. I'll then base my art off of the prices in the shops. If I have to, I'll go ask some people in the art talk forums or something.

yes I'm on your DA page, there is some pretty good stuff there actually. (how do you have so many watchers crying )

Steps to a proper Art Critique:
1 biggrin escribe: What do you see, How are elements used?
2: Analyze: What principals are used and how?
3: Interpret: What do you think the message from the artist is and why?
4: Judgement: Do you like it? Do you think the artist is successful? why or why not?

I don't feel like doing that really, so I'm skipping to Judgement and comments.
Starting with your protodermis artwork: (only doing point form because I don't feel like typing it all out again)
Good~
â—˜Shading (clothes, hair)
â—˜Line Art (carefully done)
â—˜Focal Points (dark areas are nicely placed to move the viewer's eye)
Needs work~
â—˜Shade it all {the cliff hanger's shirt and hair isn't shaded in and There isn't a shadow underneath the characters}
•if you plan on shading one part, you might as well shade it all
Plan the light source and go from there.
â—˜Reduce negative space {there's too much space not being used}
•Add implied texture to the rock face to fill that negative space somehow
â—˜Stiff Characters {They feel blocky}
•This might be because of the characters/clothes themselves but it's in other works too.
If you have to, move your own body into a similar position and get a feel of what the characters are like.

Your Overall art that I looked at:
Good~
◘Making Pretty Faces {I want to see more expressions in your Gallery soon ♥}
Some are better than others of course
â—˜Clothes {your amazing at putting the lines and shading areas in the clothing! I envy this skill greatly}
â—˜Necklines {the lines in the neck look perfect}
Needs Work
â—˜Blocky Characters
•Like said above, you need to make your characters more free. It feels like they're too tight in their clothes and can't move. The torso almost feels like a rectangle and the arms are rectangles attached to the sides.
â—˜HANDS! (they are a pain, I know they are)
•I can see that in some of your drawings, you draw them the exact same. Flat. No don't do that. Have variety of poses~
Practice drawing those hands! Draw them every time you pick the pencil up! Draw different poses too, once you've mastered one pose, move to the next and avoid that mastered pose until about a week later and draw it once or twice just to keep refreshing it. YOU WILL THANK THE GODS ONCE YOU CAN DRAW BEAUTIFUL HANDS IN MINUTES!
â—˜STOP DRAWING ON SCRAP/LINED PAPER!
I can see the ink seeping through from the other side! Don't use scrap, old documents or lined paper for good copies. Only for roughs! I know that the lined paper has perfect texture for drawing, but avoid the temptation to do so!
If you plan on coloring the page with ink on the other side, then go ahead and draw it as long as the ink won't show.

Okay, that's all really.
Take the things you need, and don't take the advice if it's bagging your style. I said your characters are a tad blocky, but if that's your style, ignore my comment then. Also your proportion is realistic and I don't comment on proportion because it's almost a main thing about style. Keep drawing, I would love to see your work evolve~

Shadowy Seeker

ninja heart ninja
I would like to support/promote your art shop!
Let me know when the art shop is ready!?

Misleading Misfit

rogue blood angel

AHAHAHAHAHAHA your mother is fu~nny!
I remember reading something this might be offensive to some, so please think about it before reading. You might laugh your face off or you might want to punch me in the face, but I am not responsible if you click this link and read the article IT WAS HALARIOUS (in my opinion, I'm sorry if it offended you and did not intend on offending you in any way...)

Everyone has an opinion. I have demons, you have ghosts and other people have retarded faieries although they don't want to believe it so they call them something else.
How is the headless horseman the worst? WHAT DOES HE DO?!
User Image

PFFFTTTTTAHAHAHAHAHAH
i don't really like srillex lol
I'm more of a knife party fan

idk it's a part of a super old Disney short story song .... X (it starts at about 20:00)
and the horseman is awesome in some ways to me
[don't judge me i'm special] User Image

User ImageUser Image

Misleading Misfit

lLady lHawk
ninja heart ninja
I would like to support/promote your art shop!
Let me know when the art shop is ready!?
User Image

oh goodness, sure
but it won't be for a bit as my summer is quite busy...User Image

User ImageUser Image

Misleading Misfit

Usagi-Baka
Warrior Protodermis
Argh... Every time I think I'm finished with this picture, something else always comes up...
Ok. I'm done messing with this picture. I swear.

User Image
I figured out how to use my scanner properly so that the background is white (not icky gray) and I shaded some stuff.
User Image

goodness is it still a wip?
xD
I'm almost feeling bad you giving all this... would you like me to give you a free head sketch when I finish the rest of the other art demands? User Image

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces