Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroic Fairy

I like to think of myself as a reasonable user. I know that the staff of gaia online work hard to plan events and getting them up and running. And I for one do appreciate their hard work. Bugs and glitches happen, and when they do we users can report it and either wait for a notice/announcement that says the staff has fixed the problem; or we users can just play through the virtual mine field.

I understand that Gaia needs people to spend real money on this site if they wish to keep it going and pay their programers and make a profit, and to do this they will occasionally allow the users the option to spend said cash on items that will help them in playing the games/events the site provides. Also even offer to sell bundle items that tie into the theme of the events so we can use them on our avatars to make them look cooler.

That being said however, when gaia does this, Collect all the What The Fluff items in our event bundle!, and give away, not one, but two exclusive items in said bundle that the users who actually played through the event (bugs, lags, & glitches in all) are not able to earn because they were not made to be earned and thus if they want those exclusive items (which by the way while nice have NOTHING to do with the event.) have to spend real money on or pay a ridiculous amount of gold in the market place in order to obtain them. Even though they worked hard and earned all the other items...

THAT is where I draw the line! That is like giving the middle finger to everyone who spent their precious time participating in the event! Making bundles to basically re-releases event items are fine, especially for those who were to busy in real life to play. Just don't offer TWO "exclusive" items in said bundle!! What's next? Are you going to offer a bundle that just lets you buy all of the event achievements, and also include an exclusive "I didn't really earn these achievements but I got them anyway" badge?!

I'm worried that if this continues, the thought and quality in these events will drop, and people will be like "Why the heck should I even try if I can just buy my victory and even get something the idiots who actually play won't get?". I want the challenge, and even the rage, these events cause. I look forward to seeing just how the plot of the event ties into the overall mythology of Gaia. I'm happy to spend who-even-knows-or-cares-? amount of time earning the items and the achievements these events offer. I do NOT want to see this become another alchemy fiasco!

I thank anyone and everyone who took the time to read my rant. I'm not pissed because the bundle exist. It's the exclusive items that you can only get in the bundle that got my blood boiling.
She's puling her weapon to her side, Loading it full of her goodbyes. . .

I feel your pain.

. . . Holding an enemy across the line

Golden Firestarter

Ditto; especially the part where you said that releasing the bundle with two exclusive items are like Gaia's way of raising their middle finger on us - who actually spent TOO much of our time and effort, participating in this event.

I don't understand why there has got to be exclusive items in the bundle.. and why can't the members who actually participated get the exclusive items instead. Like, those people who actually got to raise 10+ fluffs because that's where you actually know that someone really participated in this event and gave a damn with all the glitch and lags all throughout the event.

This is just so ridiculous to me too. I hate the way Gaia did this. We participated in this event like as if we don't have "real life" outside this site.. and then, BOOM! There's a bundle you could buy with Gaia Cash with 2 exclusive items.. which people who might have not participated could get just as long as they have the real money to spend it on. >////<

16,925 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I couldn't agree more; if presented with the option I'd <3 this topic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff