Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Twilight_Moon_Racer
The Legendary Guest
Twilight_Moon_Racer
when i got online today i was expecting to be able to finish the last little bit of my final 10th fluff only to find out that it had been canceled early i was so upset i nearly cried after all the work and endless hours hassling with bugs and glitches and coming so close i just want to well cry i mean how can gaia be so mean to us crying

They stopped when I was almost finished my tenth fluff.

ya i know how that feels it made me sick to my stomach if truth be told

I'm just really disgusted. I understand they extended the event but they might have told the truth about the time they planned to end it. Ending it early just to introduce the items into the cash shop sooner was just dirty, especially after the huge cash sale promotion. It's very rude.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
ForestGreen
I was annoyed by all the glitches during the first few days of the event, but then I realized that every event for the 8 years I've had an account has had glitches galore and that this is just how Gaia operates. I missed the end of this one because I was working on an event on another site.

I find it interesting that the marketing department found a way to capitalize on the event. I won't buy the Fluff package for Gaia cash though. After trying to support zOMG! even before it came out and watching it get abandoned, I will never spend my hard earned money on Gaia again. No more real money for pixels.

Understood. It wasn't the glitches that bothered me so much - this is typical of Gaia events - but the outright dishonesty so they could push the SAME ITEMS into the cash shop while conveniently robbing people of the 5 more hours they promised us to obtain the achievements just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Moonlight Seeker

19,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
ASK THE ADMIN IS OPEN

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-admin-07-08-2013/t.86791523/

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Twilight_Moon_Racer
ASK THE ADMIN IS OPEN

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-admin-07-08-2013/t.86791523/

I saw, I wonder how they'll be handling this s**t-storm?

Moonlight Seeker

19,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
The Legendary Guest
Twilight_Moon_Racer
ASK THE ADMIN IS OPEN

I saw, I wonder how they'll be handling this s**t-storm?

good question

Expansionist's Significant Otter

Green Fairy

The Legendary Guest
ForestGreen
I was annoyed by all the glitches during the first few days of the event, but then I realized that every event for the 8 years I've had an account has had glitches galore and that this is just how Gaia operates. I missed the end of this one because I was working on an event on another site.

I find it interesting that the marketing department found a way to capitalize on the event. I won't buy the Fluff package for Gaia cash though. After trying to support zOMG! even before it came out and watching it get abandoned, I will never spend my hard earned money on Gaia again. No more real money for pixels.

Understood. It wasn't the glitches that bothered me so much - this is typical of Gaia events - but the outright dishonesty so they could push the SAME ITEMS into the cash shop while conveniently robbing people of the 5 more hours they promised us to obtain the achievements just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That doesn't surprise me anymore either. Gaia has lost it's soul and replaced it with a cash register. I'm truly sorry that you lost time that you, and others, were counting on having to finish the event. I logged on at 2pm Pacific time only to find that everything was gone and I was on the site for 10 minutes before the announcement that the event would be ending early popped up.

I very seriously dislike dishonesty and I've gotten in a bit of trouble before because I refused to tell a bald-faced lie. Gaia should realize that when something is put up as an announcement it serves as something similar to a contract with the users of the site. If there is a problem, they should be open about it and let us know what went wrong and why things had to be changed.

Fashionable Powerhouse

All events are glitched.

All users have complaints.

Most complaints go ignored, whether pertaining to events or otherwise.

Does it matter?

No.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
The Eighth Of Infinity
All events are glitched.

Does it matter?

No.

And that would be why I have a thread to b***h about it in, instead of filing a useless complaint or filing a petition that will go ignored.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
ForestGreen
The Legendary Guest
ForestGreen

That doesn't surprise me anymore either. Gaia has lost it's soul and replaced it with a cash register. I'm truly sorry that you lost time that you, and others, were counting on having to finish the event. I logged on at 2pm Pacific time only to find that everything was gone and I was on the site for 10 minutes before the announcement that the event would be ending early popped up.

I very seriously dislike dishonesty and I've gotten in a bit of trouble before because I refused to tell a bald-faced lie. Gaia should realize that when something is put up as an announcement it serves as something similar to a contract with the users of the site. If there is a problem, they should be open about it and let us know what went wrong and why things had to be changed.

I've read a bit of the responses to this issue in ATA and I'm quite sceptical, tbh. My opinion hasn't changed yet - I still think time was cut short to push the cash shop items out earlier.

Fashionable Powerhouse

The Legendary Guest
The Eighth Of Infinity
All events are glitched.

Does it matter?

No.

And that would be why I have a thread to b***h about it in, instead of filing a useless complaint or filing a petition that will go ignored.

...Are there seriously petitions?

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
The Eighth Of Infinity
The Legendary Guest
The Eighth Of Infinity
All events are glitched.

Does it matter?

No.

I haven't looked yet? But there are still active petitions for things like making the salon hair into wigs from like 5 years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
And now there is a new item in the Crystal Box, how convenient. This is really shamelessly obvious, and by that I mean glaringly so, more so than usual. Ugh, why did I get soft again when it comes to this place?

I mean, I was cold as ice about this crap the last few years.

Fashionable Powerhouse

The Legendary Guest
The Eighth Of Infinity
The Legendary Guest
The Eighth Of Infinity
All events are glitched.

Does it matter?

No.

I haven't looked yet? But there are still active petitions for things like making the salon hair into wigs from like 5 years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised.

My, my D:

Seeker

54,175 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
The Legendary Guest
Haji Demon
The Legendary Guest
Haji Demon
The Legendary Guest

It has been, for years, I dunno what got into me I swear. I'll just get my crusty old exterior out again I suppose.

You can quit it but then you just sit on net with nothing to do and you think- Hell..I could atleast collect stuff from daily chance..

And whenever there is christmas or halloween event, you don't want to miss it because it has become a tradition...

Wow...are you me? Haha, that's about how it goes though doesn't it? I have a Tumblr, I RP, I have a family and a RL but still...what you said. I've collected (and sold) more event items than I can remember anymore yet I still have crazy things in other inventories, like from the first Gaialympics and stuff.

I guess most of us gaians are like this XD I gave most of the stuff of value away, but its still like you never know what you might find in there, even the things that you once thought as cheap crap became so valuable...the person I gave my lusty to was completely blown away!

I used ro RP..I think I am owner of some Ouran guild or something neutral and I recently got a tumblr
I try to stay away from tumblr and deviantart because I just love to collect images..my laptop is actually drowning in images I downloaded neutral

I hope when I've children of my own, I'll be able to quit gaia...I do not want them to follow me into a trap!

I had to check the MP, it's been ages since I sold the last I had of that item. I see it's back up in price again. I think I had three of them once upon a time when I was on a collecting kick. I had three and four of so many things at that time but I never realized my total worth. I just hadn't paid attention to the years going past or how much I'd accumulated.

AAAAAAAAND of course now that I'm trying to achieve an OG-style avi, I still don't hve enough unless I sell off treasures I'm not ready to let go of. emotion_facepalm

Too late for the kids, too, I'm afraid. If I ever gathered all the items they've got that I funded I MIGHT be able to finish the dream avi on my pro.

MIGHT being the operative word here...why didn't I know better earlier? This stuff is crazy-expensive now!! emotion_jawdrop

Well..your avatar is quite epic too..you just have to patiently wait for the next big thing you'll be able to harness...Slowly and surely you'll be able to get everything (but most probably your wishlist would've extended even more by then)

After fall of Zomg, I lost my job as samurai and became a trader..I noticed I was loosing all the noble qualities I accumulated and was becoming really mean and greedy person in the marketplace..at that point I gave away everything that wasn't necessary for the avi...
But now I need something for my avi and the cost of it is outrageous...how can something be as expensive as Beelzebub wings???

Kids do get into things that their parents are into....atleast till they are teens...it looks like my children would be into iceccream and anime neutral But I'll try to protect them from horrors of net for as long as possible XD

I wish you luck with your quest!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces