Welcome to Gaia! ::

14,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Did you see the announcement? Those who had loyalty maxed out can get their item but what about those of us who still needed to play a couple more games, which could've been achieved with with the extra hours? "You can buy it on the marketplace." That is not good enough! scream

Caring Scrooge

14,750 Points
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
I guess they weren't paying enough attention to their own event to realize it wasn't working how it was supposed to work. In the original explanation of how loyalty works, loyalty was supposed to be built up during the day based on what you were doing but not actually be raised until night. So people were supposed to play the games and such, then overnight loyalty would be raised.

As anyone who actually participated in the event could see, loyalty was increased as a person played, not overnight, which allowed the most dedicated to max out the loyalty on more than one pet in a single day. This way, as you played you could tell how much loyalty you had and know what you needed to do to finish off a pet. Which is how people actually know they only had one or two games left. Those in charge of creating the event clearly never accomplished their original intention.

Meaning the event was functioning so poorly those running it didn't even know how poorly it was functioning. User Image

Also, this says nothing about those who turned in their tenth pet just as the event ended only to have the event page vanish and never gain their achievement. I would be interested to know if any of those people have now received the achievement or if they're forever stuck short only by a simple refresh.

Eloquent Inquisitor

17,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Starlite85
Did you see the announcement? Those who had loyalty maxed out can get their item but what about those of us who still needed to play a couple more games, which could've been achieved with with the extra hours? "You can buy it on the marketplace." That is not good enough! scream

Yes I did see that and I checked my inventory. I still have a locked "unfinished" pet, which would have made my tenth for the achievement. I got the item they're talking about buying on the MP - I sold it there during the event. That's p much old news, so the announcement really didn't address my issue at all.

So yea, not good enough. I can buy things but it doesn't make me feel better about not being able to finish my last fluff.

Eloquent Inquisitor

17,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Zabby42
I guess they weren't paying enough attention to their own event to realize it wasn't working how it was supposed to work. In the original explanation of how loyalty works, loyalty was supposed to be built up during the day based on what you were doing but not actually be raised until night. So people were supposed to play the games and such, then overnight loyalty would be raised.

As anyone who actually participated in the event could see, loyalty was increased as a person played, not overnight, which allowed the most dedicated to max out the loyalty on more than one pet in a single day. This way, as you played you could tell how much loyalty you had and know what you needed to do to finish off a pet. Which is how people actually know they only had one or two games left. Those in charge of creating the event clearly never accomplished their original intention.

Meaning the event was functioning so poorly those running it didn't even know how poorly it was functioning. User Image

Also, this says nothing about those who turned in their tenth pet just as the event ended only to have the event page vanish and never gain their achievement. I would be interested to know if any of those people have now received the achievement or if they're forever stuck short only by a simple refresh.

OMG THIS.

YES.

They said originally it would be overnight GAIA-TIME, which is faster than a 24-hour day. That's how we knew how much more time we'd need, and that's how some people traded several fluffs a day - they'd spent many hours on end here doing nothing but raise them.

Then they said that loyalty increased "overnight" so that anybody who wasn't at full loyalty wouldn't have achieved it that day with additional time, which is another lie. Anybody who spent time raising enough of these things (like I did) came to know that loyalty would increase after maxing out happiness as soon as the Gaia clock changed to the next Gaia day - in other words, several hours per increment.

What I was shooting for was the achievement, not that they amount to a load of dingo's kidneys here but the custom titles are sort of fun and certain ones (like this one) are exclusive to events. So irritating to actually work the event and lose out.

Oh well, this is something they will no doubt ignore just like the Wing Sticker grant foul up.

Lonely Athlete

15,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
Hello there!

Who cares? It's just an event!

have a nice day

You cared enough to bump my thread.

The stated purpose of this thread is to discuss the event, which is what we're doing, among other things. If it doesn't matter to you, you are under no pressure to participate.
Hello there!

And you were complaining about the event. It is just an event, it's there for shits and giggles, with all the other events! Towns 2 is a new feature on gaia, of course it had some glitches in the process, but give it a break! I had fun, I didn't care that much whether it was so damn glitchy or not. Overtime the kinks will wear off.

Just my two cents, take it or leave it.

have a nice day

Here's the thing though - how does what we do in this thread affect your life in any way? If we complain, does that affect you personally?

Like right back at you - why do you care?
Hello there!

It does not affect me, however, I just like to state my opinion. I don't care that much. Oh, and nice avatar.

have a nice day

You're welcome to state your opinion. I would also appreciate it if you limited that to your opinion of the event and kept your opinions about the conduct of other users posting here with me to yourself. People's complaints are permitted, for example, so commenting on the fact that people are complaining isn't necessary.

There was plenty to like about the event, I'll give you that. I'll also mention that some of us posting here are complaining about this event while comparing it to event from many years ago. There are some parallels we've noticed.
Hello there!

Well, different stokes for different folks.

I also thought it was another gold sink. A pretty sucessful one!

have a nice day

Eloquent Inquisitor

17,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
Hello there!

And you were complaining about the event. It is just an event, it's there for shits and giggles, with all the other events! Towns 2 is a new feature on gaia, of course it had some glitches in the process, but give it a break! I had fun, I didn't care that much whether it was so damn glitchy or not. Overtime the kinks will wear off.

have a nice day

Here's the thing though - how does what we do in this thread affect your life in any way? If we complain, does that affect you personally?

Hello there!

It does not affect me, however, I just like to state my opinion. I don't care that much. Oh, and nice avatar.

have a nice day

You're welcome to state your opinion. I would also appreciate it if you limited that to your opinion of the event and kept your opinions about the conduct of other users posting here with me to yourself. People's complaints are permitted, for example, so commenting on the fact that people are complaining isn't necessary.

There was plenty to like about the event, I'll give you that. I'll also mention that some of us posting here are complaining about this event while comparing it to event from many years ago. There are some parallels we've noticed.
Hello there!

have a nice day

Around here, definitely!

Yes it was, since there was no way to feed the fluffs without investing some gold on marshmallows - why marshmallows? - since they limited the treats to 25 per day towards the most empty meter. It was nice if you were able to put those 25 treats towards the energy meter, but sort of low that they charged GC for energy bars. Those little jokers got tired pretty fast. User Image

Lonely Athlete

15,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
Hello there!

have a nice day

Hello there!

have a nice day

Hello there!

have a nice day

Around here, definitely!

Yes it was, since there was no way to feed the fluffs without investing some gold on marshmallows - why marshmallows? - since they limited the treats to 25 per day towards the most empty meter. It was nice if you were able to put those 25 treats towards the energy meter, but sort of low that they charged GC for energy bars. Those little jokers got tired pretty fast. User Image
Hello there!

Well, they are little, and they do need a lot of sleep. But they were sooooo cute!

have a nice day

Eloquent Inquisitor

17,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
Hello there!

have a nice day

Hello there!

have a nice day

Around here, definitely!

Hello there!

Well, they are little, and they do need a lot of sleep. But they were sooooo cute!

have a nice day

They sure were! User Image

That was the cool bit about the event. Like some other events, it was a beta-run of a game they're going to add to Gaia. I'm really intrigued to see what the pets system is like once they launch it...hopefully all the glitches we put up with will be ironed out by that time, and the frustration will have meant something, ya know?

Blessed Soldier

15,150 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Bookworm 100
The Legendary Guest
Hidariude
Oh no, the event crap is still soulbound in my inventory. I'm having Potatoverseer flashbacks. seriously Gaia, if you're going to do events that end up sucking, can you at least be somewhat consistent and remove the soulbound event items when you close the event?

As for the event itself, why did they make the top item require more wing stickers than you could get during the event? And why did the music stop playing in the dance game? And what I believe should be complaint #1 of the whole event, what the hell were the actual criteria for raising loyalty? Because I know what I could do to raise Health, Energy, and Happiness, but Loyalty, arguably the most critical stat, seemed to be unchangeable. I think it was stupid to have happiness and loyalty, why not just do one so we can work on that stat and turn it in. For that matter, Health seemed redundant as well, it was easy enough to raise but it wasn't clear what lowered it. If it was just energy and happiness, this event would have been less of a head ache.

Which items are soulbound? I don't have anything soulbound in my inventory from this event - but I remember the Potatoseer (one of the dumbest granted items IMO).

Event Pet Fluff, Event Pet Pegacorn Fluff and Strawberry marshmallows. They aren't equipable, but they are still in the inventory.

Eloquent Inquisitor

17,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Hidariude
The Legendary Guest
Hidariude
Oh no, the event crap is still soulbound in my inventory. I'm having Potatoverseer flashbacks. seriously Gaia, if you're going to do events that end up sucking, can you at least be somewhat consistent and remove the soulbound event items when you close the event?

As for the event itself, why did they make the top item require more wing stickers than you could get during the event? And why did the music stop playing in the dance game? And what I believe should be complaint #1 of the whole event, what the hell were the actual criteria for raising loyalty? Because I know what I could do to raise Health, Energy, and Happiness, but Loyalty, arguably the most critical stat, seemed to be unchangeable. I think it was stupid to have happiness and loyalty, why not just do one so we can work on that stat and turn it in. For that matter, Health seemed redundant as well, it was easy enough to raise but it wasn't clear what lowered it. If it was just energy and happiness, this event would have been less of a head ache.

Which items are soulbound? I don't have anything soulbound in my inventory from this event - but I remember the Potatoseer (one of the dumbest granted items IMO).

Event Pet Fluff, Event Pet Pegacorn Fluff and Strawberry marshmallows. They aren't equipable, but they are still in the inventory.

I checked my inventory later after my reply and mine are now soulbound too, same items. Well the strawberry marshmallows (WHY MARSHMALLOWS?) were always soulbound. I wonder what affect that will have on the one in my home? User Image

Seeker

15,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
The Legendary Guest
Haji Demon
The Legendary Guest
Haji Demon
The Legendary Guest

I've only ever seen the dubbed commercials on TV for Blood+. I'm not particularly attracted to vampire/demon/etc. type stories. I'm more attracted to stuff like Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei.

I did the same with 07-Ghost, but it was more like the authors are so sporadic about releasing updates that I lost the thread of the story and RL took over while I waited for the next chapter. I imagine I will go back and catch up one day though.

The random miracles kill me. The roses and the bread, the fruit and animals? And I'm dying laughing. The author was quite knowledgeable about the particulars of both religions, too. Definitely eough to make it FUNNY.

What do you consider basic knowledge, like common tropes?

Despair!!! Knowing that people have not seen Blood+ has left me in despair!! XD Try blood+ its quite well developed..not at all like the usual vampire anime

Yeah..I wish they could make it a weekly thing atleast...

Yup XD I liked how they brought a goat as a gift in the ova....its like they are God who know everything but still have not recovered from the old era!

Yeah...it makes a lot of parodies in it

Heh. I used to have the mail alert for Meru's phone as my text tone. Seriously hilarious show.

Are you familiar with 07-Ghost? I don't know anybody else other than family (or back in the day, other Dattebayo FS fans) who has ever even heard of it. Loved that anime. I threw such a fit when they ended it without another season, then the stupid manga went literally months without a new chapter. I basically gave up and moved on but one day I'm sure I'll get back to the bishops.

That makes utter sense to me, though, considering man makes up his gods as he goes along and the majority of Japanese people (being atheist) would be inclined to notice the absurdities the respective religions contain.

XD Meru Meru..XD

and nope..I havent seen 07-Ghost yet...but it is sad how some mangas never get completed...I cant tolerate incomplete stories

Well, I do not think that it points out any negative things, but it just drags them into our regular anime world..And yeah...I think everyone can appreciate this manga regardless of what they believe in..Anime does make everything better XD

...piroriparopirirora! User Image

The first (and only) season of the anime was fabulous. I loved it then they ended abruptly at 25 episodes...then never made a second season. So upsetting. It's a good show, interesting concept (or spin on the same concept, maybe).

I agree, I think they left the negativity out and what remains is spoofed, like Buddha's extended periods of fasting and the crown of thorns jokes. I would hope that people could enjoy it regardless of belief...but maybe you've never met any fundamentalist christians...in which case you may consider yourself lucky.

XD She is a weapon of mass destruction!

That sucks, same thing about Magi..and worse..History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi...they decided to stop where the story actually started to get awesome!

I've been to church a lot and I've met all those crazy ones...:T but most of them would be cool with it...well..maybe except Jesus and Buddha both been portrayed as Gods neutral ...but still..I think they mught enjoy the humor..

Devoted Cultist

11,500 Points
  • Novice Attacker 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
my wing stickers disappeared for a few days before the event finished, i raised 4 fluffs and only got one item and one achievement, never played the police fluff game coz it always got stuck the other game was ok but lagged terrible. So i didn't get a lot of fun out of this event and gave up. Oh and all my pets were maxed out but never got anything for that either

Lonely Athlete

15,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
The Legendary Guest
Dexigone
Hello there!

have a nice day

Hello there!

have a nice day

Around here, definitely!

Hello there!

have a nice day

They sure were! User Image

That was the cool bit about the event. Like some other events, it was a beta-run of a game they're going to add to Gaia. I'm really intrigued to see what the pets system is like once they launch it...hopefully all the glitches we put up with will be ironed out by that time, and the frustration will have meant something, ya know?
Hello there!

haha yeah.

I remembered when frontier skies was just a mini event game. Now it is going to be a tabletop game.

have a nice day

Eloquent Inquisitor

17,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Haji Demon
The Legendary Guest
Haji Demon
The Legendary Guest
Haji Demon
The Legendary Guest

I've only ever seen the dubbed commercials on TV for Blood+. I'm not particularly attracted to vampire/demon/etc. type stories. I'm more attracted to stuff like Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei.

I did the same with 07-Ghost, but it was more like the authors are so sporadic about releasing updates that I lost the thread of the story and RL took over while I waited for the next chapter. I imagine I will go back and catch up one day though.

The random miracles kill me. The roses and the bread, the fruit and animals? And I'm dying laughing. The author was quite knowledgeable about the particulars of both religions, too. Definitely eough to make it FUNNY.

What do you consider basic knowledge, like common tropes?

Despair!!! Knowing that people have not seen Blood+ has left me in despair!! XD Try blood+ its quite well developed..not at all like the usual vampire anime

Yeah..I wish they could make it a weekly thing atleast...

Yup XD I liked how they brought a goat as a gift in the ova....its like they are God who know everything but still have not recovered from the old era!

Yeah...it makes a lot of parodies in it

Heh. I used to have the mail alert for Meru's phone as my text tone. Seriously hilarious show.

Are you familiar with 07-Ghost? I don't know anybody else other than family (or back in the day, other Dattebayo FS fans) who has ever even heard of it. Loved that anime. I threw such a fit when they ended it without another season, then the stupid manga went literally months without a new chapter. I basically gave up and moved on but one day I'm sure I'll get back to the bishops.

That makes utter sense to me, though, considering man makes up his gods as he goes along and the majority of Japanese people (being atheist) would be inclined to notice the absurdities the respective religions contain.

XD Meru Meru..XD

and nope..I havent seen 07-Ghost yet...but it is sad how some mangas never get completed...I cant tolerate incomplete stories

Well, I do not think that it points out any negative things, but it just drags them into our regular anime world..And yeah...I think everyone can appreciate this manga regardless of what they believe in..Anime does make everything better XD

...piroriparopirirora! User Image

The first (and only) season of the anime was fabulous. I loved it then they ended abruptly at 25 episodes...then never made a second season. So upsetting. It's a good show, interesting concept (or spin on the same concept, maybe).

I agree, I think they left the negativity out and what remains is spoofed, like Buddha's extended periods of fasting and the crown of thorns jokes. I would hope that people could enjoy it regardless of belief...but maybe you've never met any fundamentalist christians...in which case you may consider yourself lucky.

XD She is a weapon of mass destruction!

That sucks, same thing about Magi..and worse..History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi...they decided to stop where the story actually started to get awesome!

I've been to church a lot and I've met all those crazy ones...:T but most of them would be cool with it...well..maybe except Jesus and Buddha both been portrayed as Gods neutral ...but still..I think they mught enjoy the humor..

Heh...

That's exactly how it went with 07-Ghost. Nothing like being left hanging, literally at a cliffhanger. I should really look up the manga. Last I read my fave bishop had been badly injured. That was unpleasant. User Image

The ones I know would spew fire and brimstone lectures. That type of thing is made by heathens and a sign the world is becoming depraved, meaning the end times are near. You know. the type who think secular humanism is a Satanic-inspired religion? User Image

Eloquent Inquisitor

17,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Profundity
my wing stickers disappeared for a few days before the event finished, i raised 4 fluffs and only got one item and one achievement, never played the police fluff game coz it always got stuck the other game was ok but lagged terrible. So i didn't get a lot of fun out of this event and gave up. Oh and all my pets were maxed out but never got anything for that either

The wing stickers did end a few days before the event was over, but didn't you get anything for trading the fluffs back to Blaze? Not even the balloon? You should have gotten that at least and I think the shirt (ugly but free).

I only played tic-tac-toe. I never even tried the racing, I heard it was awful. I suck at DDR-type games so I didn't do that one, either, but I watched someone else do it and it looked really difficult. I don't typically go to towns so towns-based events frustrate me on princicple.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff