Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I don't know about you, but I think this summer was pretty hot. I live in New York City, and the summer's here reach high temperatures, at it's peak. This summer, the peaks were consistant. lol! Pool time!! rofl heart heart

Shirtless Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
it's not through temp it's through humidity.

In CA our air is super dry and there aren't too many huge cities so there's not as much to do. Sadly, I work at a Day camp so I can't go inside so cool off. If the air is dry enough, it's hard to breathe...

But no, this wasn't the hottest smile

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Mitsu Inari

In CA our air is super dry and there aren't too many huge cities so there's not as much to do. Sadly, I work at a Day camp so I can't go inside so cool off. If the air is dry enough, it's hard to breathe...

Has there been any of those wild fires over there that I've heard about? rolleyes

Shirtless Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Goddess Imperial
Mitsu Inari

Has there been any of those wild fires over there that I've heard about? rolleyes

don't roll your eyes at that! Those actually happen!! scream
there's been at least 3 so far..

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
I've gone dead a several times this summer because of the heat gonk

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Mitsu Inari
Goddess Imperial
Mitsu Inari

didn't mean to roll my eyes at that. I was rolling my eyes at the people that didn't put the protectant on the trees that would stop, or assist in stopping the wildfires. There are treatments that can be regularly applied to brushes and trees alike that will prevent fires from starting, or slowng in down as to where it can be controlled and put out. Greed and hate has been preventing that from happening. So much since the to illegal wars n the Middle East, and Predatory Practices in banking, that led to these, so-called recessions. I am a conservationalist and a tree hugger. Don't trip. I didn't mean to offend. redface

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Colonel Gabrielle
Wow! Where do you live? I live in NYC, and it has been record hot here. Now it has been on a cool down this whole week. You must live closer to the hottest zones. Well, try to stay under the air conditoners, and fans, and try to come outside either early n the day, or late afternoon. Mid day, when the sun is high, is the hottest. If I don't have to, I don't go out when the heat is high. It starts to make me feel like my blood pressure is boiling. lol! burning_eyes

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Colonel Gabrielle
What do you mean when you say, "I've gone dead a several times" question

1,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
It was hot down in virginia too....100-105 i was eathier in the pool or inside!!! burning_eyes
I live in toronto and its so hot here its like you could fry an egg on the sidewalk^^ whee
No. In Ohio... I have had a lot hotter. mrgreen neutral neutral surprised wink whee xp

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Goddess Imperial
Mitsu Inari
Goddess Imperial
Mitsu Inari

didn't mean to roll my eyes at that. I was rolling my eyes at the people that didn't put the protectant on the trees that would stop, or assist in stopping the wildfires. There are treatments that can be regularly applied to brushes and trees alike that will prevent fires from starting, or slowng in down as to where it can be controlled and put out. Greed and hate has been preventing that from happening. So much since the to illegal wars n the Middle East, and Predatory Practices in banking, that led to these, so-called recessions. I am a conservationalist and a tree hugger. Don't trip. I didn't mean to offend. redface

It's more complicated than that. Even hillsides and areas where people AREN'T allowed to set foot on get caught on fire. Plus, it's not just dry weather that causes fires--there are other factors, too. Back in 2007 where there were a bunch of fires, a few of them (like the one where I live, which is rather green and doesn't suffer from wildfires) were set by arsonists, some were caused by electrical shortages (the fire in Malibu that year was caused by a telephone pole falling over and the electrical wire getting caught in a tree), and some by natural occurrence.

5,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
ikr i live in ny 2 it was like 103 degrees lol
Sure is.
The highest temperature here has been up to 112 D:

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
bookworm10203
It was hot down in virginia too....100-105 i was eathier in the pool or inside!!! burning_eyes
100-105 question Wow! That is exactly where I would want to be too, right near and in a pool, and snacking on every cold treat known to summertime. lol! Y'all are having a cool down perod too now? In New York, it has cooled down to the mid 80's and mid 70's at night. Woo! It was like an oven some days wasn't it question sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff