Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Rheri Lightseer
Wowie, another new person on the "Welcome to Gaia" Forum!!!! I can't believe it!!!!! What a surprise!!!!!

I'm actually only sort of new. I had another account a few years ago, but I left because I never really got into it. (Also because there was someone who was making me uncomfortable and wouldn't leave me alone, so I was avoiding them.)

Honestly, I'm coming back because I miss roleplaying. When I was younger, I'd roleplay on Neopets ALL THE TIME; I loved it. But over the past couple of years, the filters on Neopets have gotten super duper strict, and all the good roleplayers have disappeared. When it started, I actually came over here - one of the original reasons I made my first account - to try the roleplaying. To be honest, though, it's super intimidating. Though obviously there are no set official rules (beyond the general ones that span all roleplaying communities, like following the TOS, no MS, no godmodding/powerplaying, etc.), the norms are kind of different, and I was sort of worried about messing up. D8 So I ended up leaving.

Anyways. Now I'm back. I've been trying to get back into roleplaying, and though I am still kind of intimidated by it, I figure if I don't start somewhere, I'll never get anywhere at all.

Welp, that's my story. Not much else to say here. Also trying to make lots of hte monies to deck out my avatar like one of the characters in the book I'm writing. (Why are there no yellow cat ears? D8 Guess I have to go with an old design.)

Hey there! biggrin
Thank you very much. ^^

And hello!

Dangerous Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Rheri Lightseer
Wowie, another new person on the "Welcome to Gaia" Forum!!!! I can't believe it!!!!! What a surprise!!!!!

I'm actually only sort of new. I had another account a few years ago, but I left because I never really got into it. (Also because there was someone who was making me uncomfortable and wouldn't leave me alone, so I was avoiding them.)

Honestly, I'm coming back because I miss roleplaying. When I was younger, I'd roleplay on Neopets ALL THE TIME; I loved it. But over the past couple of years, the filters on Neopets have gotten super duper strict, and all the good roleplayers have disappeared. When it started, I actually came over here - one of the original reasons I made my first account - to try the roleplaying. To be honest, though, it's super intimidating. Though obviously there are no set official rules (beyond the general ones that span all roleplaying communities, like following the TOS, no MS, no godmodding/powerplaying, etc.), the norms are kind of different, and I was sort of worried about messing up. D8 So I ended up leaving.

Anyways. Now I'm back. I've been trying to get back into roleplaying, and though I am still kind of intimidated by it, I figure if I don't start somewhere, I'll never get anywhere at all.

Welp, that's my story. Not much else to say here. Also trying to make lots of hte monies to deck out my avatar like one of the characters in the book I'm writing. (Why are there no yellow cat ears? D8 Guess I have to go with an old design.)

welcome back ^^

Magnetic Genius

9,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
Rheri Lightseer

Welcome!

Decorated Sweetheart

Rheri Lightseer

Hello, Welcome back ^^
I roleplay too, not much, but maybe I can help?
why do you find rp here intimidating though?
I just jump in, learn how to make post layout, then make a profile and join.

Tektek will help you to make avatar prototype
though you should check the layering,
sometimes item unequip each other even though in tektek it doesn't

P.S: do quote me when you reply, so I know you do

Explorer

WELCOME!!! heart heart heart

Informer

Welcome to our world hun
i hope you well have a good time here.
o and if you add a friend on here make sure they are
the ones that realy talk to you and be a friend to you
dont add the ones that dont care ^_^

Liberal Lunatic

4,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Rheri Lightseer

Hey, welcome back smile I can help you get comfortable with role playing if you want! I used to be the same way but now I can totally show you how to beat that self doubt.
Welcome to Gaia! Feel free to add me. 3nodding
amarzyciel

Like this?

Part of it is that I'm not used to having so many hoops to jump through. Remember when I said I was roleplaying on Neopets before? Over there, it's mostly short-term roleplays unless you joins a guild; just ask to join and start. It's different over here, and I'm trying to get used to all the new norms, which is why I'm intimidated. I'm being picky about which one I join - I don't want to start something and walk away after a week or two if I get bored, so that narrows it down. I also figure I should be looking at ones with less replies, since they're less likely to be full? Even if they're not, it would be frustrating to read through all those replies. The ones that aren't full and that interest me have complicated processes to join, so that's why I'm getting a little frustrated. ^^

Thank you very much for the avatar help! That will be very useful in the future. :3
SHVBBV RVNX

I would love that. DX Roleplaying itself isn't all that difficult for me - I did it all the time before, remember? I'm kinda out of practice though, and as I said, the site can confuse me.

Decorated Sweetheart

Rheri Lightseer
amarzyciel

Like this?

Part of it is that I'm not used to having so many hoops to jump through. Remember when I said I was roleplaying on Neopets before? Over there, it's mostly short-term roleplays unless you joins a guild; just ask to join and start. It's different over here, and I'm trying to get used to all the new norms, which is why I'm intimidated. I'm being picky about which one I join - I don't want to start something and walk away after a week or two if I get bored, so that narrows it down. I also figure I should be looking at ones with less replies, since they're less likely to be full? Even if they're not, it would be frustrating to read through all those replies. The ones that aren't full and that interest me have complicated processes to join, so that's why I'm getting a little frustrated. ^^

Thank you very much for the avatar help! That will be very useful in the future. :3

Yeah, that's correct. if you don't quote people sometimes doesn't see your reply

ah, I see. Rp here is expected to be long term, by reading their rule and submit profile to join.
There's a rp guild here too if you are more comfortable to try that.
HERE should have guild posting to recruit member, you can ask them further about stuff and they are more willing to guide you.
There's two kind of rp guild, one where they use the guild as place for rp and the other which is more gathering of several rp thread.

Liberal Lunatic

4,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Rheri Lightseer
SHVBBV RVNX

I would love that. DX Roleplaying itself isn't all that difficult for me - I did it all the time before, remember? I'm kinda out of practice though, and as I said, the site can confuse me.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound condescendingšŸ˜© I guess I meant more like help start one with you or something. That would be pretty cool šŸ˜
SHVBBV RVNX

Don't worry about it!

I was thinking it would probably be a better idea to join one before I started one so I would actually know what I was doing. The only real roleplay plot I have right now is the plot to my book, which I was doing on Neopets a bit, because the thread disappear after a week or so, so I wouldn't have to worry about it staying online and copyright stuff if I ever got published. I don't know if I can delete things here, though. It'd be really cool to roleplay it, though. DX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games