Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Friend

11,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Ok I must ask...what's all this bumping stuff about. I see people bumping their posts all the time...does it earn the topic poster more gold or something?...I've been trying to figure it out. Any kind of explanation would be gladly appreciated.
Bump = Bring Up My Post.

Some people do it to bring their topic to the top of the first page. Other people do it for gold, which is spamming. It doesn't give you any special advantages or anything.

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
Well, any post you make earns you gold, but over a twelve hour period, the more you post, the less you earn per post. Every twelve hours it resets, though. So yes, bumping will earn you some gold, but really it's not worth bothering with.
The other reason to bump is to keep your topic in a position where others will be likely to notice it, read it, and reply. This is only allowed in some of the more fast-paced forums like the Exchange, and of course, the Chatterbox.

2,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bump mean bring my post up, it really don't earn u more Gold
People just bump for gold,sometimes randomly on the site you`l get a tresure trunk and sometimes there`s a rare item inside it!That`s about it. biggrin

Bashful Friend

11,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
alrighty thanks everyone for clearing that up with me! ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers