Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kindly Spirit

14,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Expert Skill 150
Hello... people of Gaia. redface Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

I'm dorky, so that is what you should call me. ...Or Door. Or Dork. I don't mind, really.

I'm a 20-something universal dropout from the region of Scandinavia who spends her days either hiding in dreamscapes or trying her best to stop failing at life. I've got social anxiety, which makes me rather shy and reclusive. Gaia seems like a nice place to try at being social online. All this feels a bit like TMI for me to share here, actually, but I expect I'll feel less horribly awkward about questions like "So, what do you do?" now that I've done so. neutral

I live with two of my best friends, one of whom has had an account here for ages. Eventually I'd like to put my knack for languages to good use and study English at university. Brains, space, long walks, horror stories, all kinds of music, tea, the sea, steampunk, personality tests, mysteries and codes are some of my favourite things. I'm not going to accept any random friend requests, but random PMs are nice. rolleyes Send me one and I'll reply gladly.

Well... I guess that's everything. Thank you for reading, people!

Shy Rogue

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Dorkylocks

I'm dorky, so that is what you should call me. ...Or Door. Or Dork. I don't mind, really.

I'm a 20-something universal dropout from the region of Scandinavia who spends her days either hiding in dreamscapes or trying her best to stop failing at life. I've got social anxiety, which makes me rather shy and reclusive. Gaia seems like a nice place to try at being social online. All this feels a bit like TMI for me to share here, actually, but I expect I'll feel less horribly awkward about questions like "So, what do you do?" now that I've done so. neutral

I live with two of my best friends, one of whom has had an account here for ages. Eventually I'd like to put my knack for languages to good use and study English at university. Brains, space, long walks, horror stories, all kinds of music, tea, the sea, steampunk, personality tests, mysteries and codes are some of my favourite things. I'm not going to accept any random friend requests, but random PMs are nice. rolleyes Send me one and I'll reply gladly.

Hi and Welcome to Gaia smile Ah I have social anxiety too but being on here really helped me to widen out a little. I have yet to practice irl but here has helped me build a little confidence ^^

We like a few of the same things, I hope you have a good time here :3

Fashionable Genius

Dorkylocks

Welcome to the... World of Gaia. Most people here are pretty crazy, so bust out of that shy shell and stop failing life. Because you're part of an exclusive family now. Or clan. Or.. God there's so many people. Lol.

Kindly Spirit

14,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Expert Skill 150
RoxenRoxi

Thank you. emotion_c8 Great to hear that Gaia's been a confidence booster for you - I hope it'll do something similar for me. smile
Also, instantly finding people with similar interests? Internet, I love you. emotion_bigheart

Mittsu
God there's so many people.

Meep! eek
...Really, though, thanks for cheering me on. whee I'll try and make a proper addition to the Gaia Clan! If crazy's a requirement then at least I'll fit in nicely! *salutes*

Shy Rogue

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Dorkylocks

Thank you. emotion_c8 Great to hear that Gaia's been a confidence booster for you - I hope it'll do something similar for me. smile
Also, instantly finding people with similar interests? Internet, I love you. emotion_bigheart

I love intelligence, Astronomy/Astrology, ALL kinds of music, different teas (Earl Grey being my favourite xD) I love observing people, learning about the human mind and how people act/respond/feel in certain situations, I love Mysteries and Mythology and I love debates.

However I have firm beliefs that although I love debating, I shouldn't enter a debate in which I know little about sweatdrop even if I'm tempted lol. If I can't contribute with facts or foundations then I should keep quiet xD
Hello there and welcome to Gaia! If you need any help or any friends, feel free to add me and/or PM me. ^^
Hello and welcome! Really cool set of interests you got there, especially the steampunk one xp

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions about the site or just want to talk let me know 3nodding Random PMs are certainly amusing lol

Kindly Spirit

14,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Expert Skill 150
RoxenRoxi

I love intelligence, Astronomy/Astrology, ALL kinds of music, different teas (Earl Grey being my favourite xD) I love observing people, learning about the human mind and how people act/respond/feel in certain situations, I love Mysteries and Mythology and I love debates.

However I have firm beliefs that although I love debating, I shouldn't enter a debate in which I know little about sweatdrop even if I'm tempted lol. If I can't contribute with facts or foundations then I should keep quiet xD

Wow, sounds like we've got quite a few things in common! emotion_c8 I like green teas best, especially Green Earl Gray(!) and Green Chai. Redbush tea is another favourite. I'm a bit too shy to observe people very closely these days, but I know it can be a lot of fun. 3nodding I'm also very attracted to intelligence, and like learning things about the mind. Languages and communication (and miscommunication!) are fascinating, too.

I like in-depth discussions better than debates - exploring new ideas is more fun to me than trying to prove my idea is better than somebody elses. Honestly, debates intimidate me a little. sweatdrop
I can imagine it would be bad to debate a subject you don't know much about - you could get your mental a** handed to you on a platter. xd That might actually be one reason why I dislike debates, heh... So, you've got some sound guidelines there. smile

Reformed_Into_His_Image
Hello there and welcome to Gaia! If you need any help or any friends, feel free to add me and/or PM me. ^^

Thank you!

Prog Drummer
Hello and welcome! Really cool set of interests you got there, especially the steampunk one xp

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions about the site or just want to talk let me know 3nodding Random PMs are certainly amusing lol

Steampunk is pretty! whee And thank you!

Shy Rogue

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Dorkylocks

Wow, sounds like we've got quite a few things in common! emotion_c8 I like green teas best, especially Green Earl Gray(!) and Green Chai. Redbush tea is another favourite. I'm a bit too shy to observe people very closely these days, but I know it can be a lot of fun. 3nodding I'm also very attracted to intelligence, and like learning things about the mind. Languages and communication (and miscommunication!) are fascinating, too.

I like in-depth discussions better than debates - exploring new ideas is more fun to me than trying to pve my idea is better than somebody elses. Honestly, debates intimidate me a little. sweatdrop
I can imagine it would be bad to debate a subject you don't know much about - you could get your mental a** handed to you on a platter. xd That might actually be one reason why I dislike debates, heh... So, you've got some sound guidelines there. smile

Owh Chai tea xD I haven't been able to like green tea sad I tried and wanted to but it takes a little getting used to and it's the brands as well.

Oh yes languages, miscom/com

Oh xD I view a 'debate' as an in depth discussion, sorry lol. I think it's unacceptable to try and push one's personal views onto another. If someone uses a debate just for an argument then it's totally wrong >.< I love exploring new ideas and hearing/learning about what others feel on a subject or about something. Even if its all speculation.

Yep, I've seen it happen to so many xD so I learned from observation!

Beloved Mage

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Hello, welcome to Gaia biggrin

In a relationship with her lonesome self

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Building the Army 50
ツ *:・゚✧・゚:*ღ

so, I don't think I've ever been in this welcome forum before, so I decided to take a look just now, and saw your topic. I just wanted to stop in and tell you I love your username whee
my nickname irl, as I'm called by my little brother (who will be three in *gasp* two weeks and two days!), is dork. seriously. he calls me dork all the time XD

ღ*:・゚✧・゚:* ヅ
Hello and Welcome To Gaia!

Share The Joy With Others!

1st if you want free items and gold go to this forum:Click here for a list of FREE Item Grants!

2nd make sure to click on the Daily Chance machine on the top right of the Gaia website for free items and gold!

3rd make sure to check out the Dumpster Dive which is in the Games section for free items!

4th check out the forums under aquarium for "Booty Grab Threads" and click on glowing fish tanks for some gold!

Feel free to ask me any questions! Have a wonderful day!
gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright
Dorkylocks

hi smile welcome to gaia...feel free to add me as a friend! smile

Chatty Smoker

12,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Loiterer 100
Welcome to Gaia! 4laugh

Magnetic Ladykiller

10,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dorkylocks

Greetings and welcome to Gaia. You sound very interesting and Gaia needs more interesting people! Hope you have fun here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff