Welcome to Gaia! ::

Single Spirit

Dorkylocks
Hello... people of Gaia. redface Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

I'm dorky, so that is what you should call me. ...Or Door. Or Dork. I don't mind, really.

I'm a 20-something universal dropout from the region of Scandinavia who spends her days either hiding in dreamscapes or trying her best to stop failing at life. I've got social anxiety, which makes me rather shy and reclusive. Gaia seems like a nice place to try at being social online. All this feels a bit like TMI for me to share here, actually, but I expect I'll feel less horribly awkward about questions like "So, what do you do?" now that I've done so. neutral

I live with two of my best friends, one of whom has had an account here for ages. Eventually I'd like to put my knack for languages to good use and study English at university. Brains, space, long walks, horror stories, all kinds of music, tea, the sea, steampunk, personality tests, mysteries and codes are some of my favourite things. I'm not going to accept any random friend requests, but random PMs are nice. rolleyes Send me one and I'll reply gladly.

Well... I guess that's everything. Thank you for reading, people!

Welcome to Gaia!

You actually sound a lot like me, heh. Gaia should certainly help you to feel more comfortable socially; it's worked wonders for me! smile

Hopeless Collector

Dorkylocks

welcome to Gaia. heart heart

[ACHIEVEMENTS: I NEED HELP]

---------------------
BUMP
because I love you.

---------------------

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - - -●Max

quote me.. ||
just quote me ||
then let's dance.. ||

~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~

High-functioning Loiterer

Dorkylocks

I'm dorky, so that is what you should call me. ...Or Door. Or Dork. I don't mind, really.

I'm a 20-something universal dropout from the region of Scandinavia who spends her days either hiding in dreamscapes or trying her best to stop failing at life. I've got social anxiety, which makes me rather shy and reclusive. Gaia seems like a nice place to try at being social online. All this feels a bit like TMI for me to share here, actually, but I expect I'll feel less horribly awkward about questions like "So, what do you do?" now that I've done so. neutral

I live with two of my best friends, one of whom has had an account here for ages. Eventually I'd like to put my knack for languages to good use and study English at university. Brains, space, long walks, horror stories, all kinds of music, tea, the sea, steampunk, personality tests, mysteries and codes are some of my favourite things. I'm not going to accept any random friend requests, but random PMs are nice. rolleyes Send me one and I'll reply gladly.

Hello!

Generous Friend

Dorkylocks

Welcome to Gaia! 4laugh

Kindly Spirit

14,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Expert Skill 150
eek Oh, wow, I didn't really expect this many replies. All this friendly is making me giddy! yum_puddi Thanks everyone! <3

greeness
so, I don't think I've ever been in this welcome forum before, so I decided to take a look just now, and saw your topic. I just wanted to stop in and tell you I love your username whee
my nickname irl, as I'm called by my little brother (who will be three in *gasp* two weeks and two days!), is dork. seriously. he calls me dork all the time XD

Seriously? That is AWESOME. I'm like your nicknamesake, or nicksake, or something! emotion_brofist
I actually wanted to call myself Door-Key at first, after the character Door from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, but that was taken, so I attached a surname, Locks, and then decided that Dorkylocks sounded more fun. emotion_awesome I've been called Goofy and Locksy (in my mothertongue), so the name's not too far off in that regard either, hehe. whee
Your brother sound like an awesome little dude. Tell him Dork from another dimension says happy birthday in two weeks! mrgreen
Oh, and RaiNBoWS, yaay! <3

muffins not cupcakes
Welcome to Gaia!

You actually sound a lot like me, heh. Gaia should certainly help you to feel more comfortable socially; it's worked wonders for me! smile

That is great to hear! Thank you. emotion_c8

Hmm, looks like I'm not quite as shy online as in real life. The wonders of anonymity! rolleyes
Welcome to Gaia! heart

In a relationship with her lonesome self

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Building the Army 50
*::*

surprised wanna hear more awesome? my nickname in high school was goofy XD
we're like nickname twinsies or something whee

and, yes.
R A I N B O W S

*::*

Shirtless Ladykiller

Dorkylocks

welome to gaia ! i hope you'll have success at getting over your anxiety <3 i know a lot of people, myself included, find this to be therapeutic for things like that

Sugar's Stud

Mega Trash

Dorkylocks

Welcome to Gaia, hun. I'm sure you'll have a great time here. You should fit in with about 70% of the people on here. 3nodding
Excellent english.

Welcome!

Toxic Transmutator

Hi, welcome to Gaia! Where in Scandinavia are you from? I've been to Denmark, Sweden and Norway, and I'd love to go to Finland one day... I'm German, btw. ^^.

Devout Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Welcome to Gaia.

Aged Gaian

10,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hygienic 200
Dorkylocks
Hello...

my god, you sound like several of my friends put together. :0

congrats on joining gaia! as someone who either knows people with or lives with problems/statuses as the ones you've described, i can relate. one of my best friends is from sweden, actually, and i'm part swede. ^^

i hope you enjoy yourself here. feel free to hit me up for friendship if you want. try out the forums, games, or guilds. there are so many that you're bound to find the topic/game that you like. ^^

if you have any problems, there's a whole forum for that, or you can PM me if you get into a snag. i've been here since 06' and i love helping people. ^^

enjoy your stay!

Friendly Friend

7,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dorkylocks

Hi Dork. Wonderful to meet you. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces