Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Browser

Came back to Gaia after quite awhile, I noticed several things have changed!

Old crumbled newspapers and ink along with fish selling for millions ( I feel rich!)

tektek is gone! (WTF)

Remember rumours about zomg going around and looked at it when it came out, but now it seems to have been removed o_O

People going around selling pics of themselves for billions (Is that even legal? o_O)

People trying to get adopted? (What is that?!)

Free stuff in dumpster dive! (or should i say free caches?)

They changed the arenas! (Quite nice!)

They placed some stupid a** capchas in fishing (which are next to impossible to read!)

Are there anything else, which I should be aware off? sweatdrop

Adorable Bunny

39,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Timid 100
welcome back to gaia and u can get married now and u can be animals now smile

Noob

28,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Zekail

Old crumbled newspapers and ink along with fish selling for millions ( I feel rich!)

tektek is gone! (WTF)

Remember rumours about zomg going around and looked at it when it came out, but now it seems to have been removed o_O

People going around selling pics of themselves for billions (Is that even legal? o_O)

They placed some stupid a** capchas in fishing (which are next to impossible to read!)

Signs have always been legal as long as they are within gaias limitations even have there own forum.

Aside from thst, daily chance can make you millions. Its basically all covered in 1 word, inflation.

Everything has a few 0s on the end, look at bow much you get for making a forum post

Elfin Wizard

Zekail

Welcome back! Let's see what I can address for you:

Selling newspapers, ink, and fish for millions, as well as others selling things for billions... this all started happening last June/July, when Gaia began selling gold for Gaia Cash in things called "gold generators." This led to a sudden influx of gold that made it all but worthless, leading to hyperinflation. Things worth 100k were now worth millions and, as the output of those generators rose, so too did the prices.

Tektek was shut down on March 24th due to an intellectual property dispute. Tekton (the owner) had opened up his own website and was advertising it on Tektek, as well as stealing ideas from Gaia's original items to use on his own website (supposedly). Gaia attempted to comprise (i.e., take down the ads)... but Tekton chose to take down the website instead. Gaia is working on their own avatar simulator and has already added an inventory calculator to our inventory pages.

zOMG was shut down in November. They discovered in an error in the code when it was taken down for maintenance, once which could have compromised both the server and our accounts. Combined with the facts that it was costing them money and they had no one on staff any longer who knew the code, they opted to shut it down.

I don't know anything about people being adopted. There is an adoptable subforum in the works, but that's for art, not real people.

Caches can be bought and sold readily now, so you can find a ridiculous amount of them in the dumpster. Good news if you like those! Bad news if you don't.

Yes, the captchas are difficult to read in fishing. Supposedly, they are working on this or have already changed it... but I haven't seen any evidence of it. I still find them very challenging.

Links:

Invisible Browser

Aaah! thank you vvery much! biggrin

Friendly Tipper

Zekail

tektek is gone! (WTF)

Welcome back! I didn't even know about half of this stuff so you've got a leg up! Feel free to add or message me!

Lonely Wolf

14,175 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Unfortunately, Gaia is about money ( Gaia cash is king) and less about community than it used to be. Still a fun site, just not what it was. The quality of staff artists has gone down considerably, so don't expect those great items we used to have...mostly re-colors and overdone stuff these days. ~sad face~

Lonely Wolf

14,175 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Zekail

Welcome back!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash