Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like why is everything in billions
What happened

Timid Pumpkin

User Image
tldr; Gaia started selling gold generators in the cash shop and kept on hiking up how much was given out, causing hyperinflation.

On another note though, happy birthday and welcome back c:
Naetoru
User Image
tldr; Gaia started selling gold generators in the cash shop and kept on hiking up how much was given out, causing hyperinflation.

From what I remember that was against the rules or something? I don't remember. Two years is long. Haha

But thank you very much! I'm happy to be back!

Adorable Bunny

39,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Timid 100
welcome back to gaia and Happy Birthday biggrin

Super Girl

36,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Junior Trader 100
hiya,welcome back to gaia and Happy Birthday razz

Sparkling Otaku

35,775 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
hi,welcome back to gaia and Happy Birthday smile
Happy Birthday! 4laugh

Timely Genius

8,425 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
Prissy Kid
What happened

Don't worry, kid. My speculation tell me if the price will went normal. But it just for some items, and the others will not changed to much.
Anyway Welcome back to Gaia and Happy Birthday. mrgreen

Merry Traveler

Prissy Kid
What happened

Welcome back!
1B is the new 1M

the good news is, bugs, paper, flowers, ink and fish also has high price
so it sort of make it bearable

Familiar Browser

10,725 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Prissy Kid
What happened

i know, it's pretty cray these days

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Prissy Kid
What happened
Gold Generators happened. They released them October of last year. Flynn's Booty was the first one. it granted a max payout of 100mil. not long after Flynn's Chest [a Club Verge exclusive] was released with a max of 250mil. People got pissy and wanted Gaia to stop releasing it, which they said they would. But they reerererererererereleased it a few more times before they finally ..... offered a new one, with a higher payout... this has continued for a few months, with multiple gold gens in the shop at once, offering a max payout of BILLIONS. The highest max payout GG was for 1tril. LUCKILY, a while ago, Gaia pulled them all from the shop for 5 days. when they started releasing them again, well, I think they've only released like 2-3 so far, some of which are part of a choice - gold or charms [for GoFusion] they've also been eh nerfed a lot from 1tril. The highest I've seen so far is 155bil. I hope this is just Gaia trying to wean the dumb cash users who buy GGs because they don't care because "it's just pixels" off of GGs for good. I can't prove this, and it's entirely possible they'll go back to selling those stupid, disgustingly high paying ones again, I just sincerely hope they don't.

They've been doing a lot of these kickstarters [like the thing when you click the flag next to your avi on the header] lately.. I think about ... 4 or 5? The last one sunk something like 160tril out of the system. Obviously, that's not enough, but hopefully Gaia will continue to work on fixing this huge mess they've let get out of hand for almost a year. = w=

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Prissy Kid
Naetoru
User Image

From what I remember that was against the rules or something? I don't remember. Two years is long. Haha

But thank you very much! I'm happy to be back!
LOL Yeah, that's what I've found infuriatingly hilarious. Buying gold for irl $$ was supposed to be illegal, but OH BECAUSE THEY'RE DOING IT IT'S FINE NOW. emotion_kirakira BUT STILL ONLY IF WE SELL IT TO YOU. emotion_kirakira = w= fjdklkgh

The new CEO.... no one likes him. He's got a bad rep for bleeding sites dry and leaving them to die, from what I've heard.
[I also hear there are quite a few staff who don't like him either. The romantic in me wants there to be a mutiny and they overthrow the evil dictator and save our precious site from his evil clutches... but in reality, I guess I hope someone else, someone competent buys the site from him I guess. = 3=!]
Welcome back to Gaia! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces