Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Spirit

7,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hey there. I remember playing this game years ago but never got into it, so I'm back and I think I'm finally ready to put some time and effort into Gaia Online. The main difference I see is the increased number of ads I've seen here, haha. xD

I also never realized there were forums here! Yay for no longer having to chat like I had to in Club Penguin!

Anything I should know as a newbie? Any advice/friends/laughing because I suck would be cool. The Alchemy and Trades are new to me. *O*
hey there and welcome back to gaia. there's definitely probably a nice amount of ads on the site, but it is a business. so, i suppose it all makes sense in the scheme of things.

as for things you may want to know, there's inflation going on currently; item prices are way up, so if you want to change your avatar image at all and buy new things, that may be harder to do than it was before. i'm not big on alchemy myself, so i unfortunately can't tell you much about that...

Dangerous Werewolf

10,250 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
wahmbulance Welcome to Gaia burning_eyes

User Image

Click THISplease

Gracious Spirit

7,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hi Chara~ I understand the need for ads; it seems like all large companies have them to survive, but I just hope the Gaia staff don't get greedy and start having really annoying video ads or something like that. -_-

As for the inflation, what is exactly being inflated? NPC shops? I didn't even realize that was possible. xD

Gracious Spirit

7,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Thanks for the welcome, gilgameshed. xD

Those colours. *u* 2sparkle4me.
Silci
i can definitely agree with you there. video ads would be pretty darn annoying.

as for the inflation thing, gaia started putting out items that give gold to users. so, basically with more money in circulation the prices have gone up. it's a bit annoying, but i have to admit that i haven't really looked too much into it since i recently came off of a hiatus myself.

Gracious Spirit

7,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm just glad I don't see anything I want to buy at the moment. razz Is there a really quick/efficient way to make money in this game?

PS. Do you get a notification when I reply to this thread? It would be awks if you had to refresh a hundred times in anticipation of a reply, lol.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
gaia_star gaia_star Hi, welcome to Gaia! gaia_star gaia_star

gaia_angelleft Get your free item grants here. (There's some really cute items here and if none appeal to you feel free to sell them after the three day wait period of course)

gaia_angelleft Guilds are a great way of meeting other Gaians in a more closed way. One great guild is the The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild who are dedicated to helping Newbies navigate Gaia and get a leg up in this site.

gaia_angelleft Another guild to consider is T3h Vending Guild that offers guides on earning gold, experience, and events

gaia_angelleft Lastly, guilds is that there are many different types of guilds that are topical such as roleplaying, anime, music, zOMG, spam etc.

gaia_angelleft I recommend always looking around events, and event forums for games, chatting and chances to win items. Right now the current event is the Beach Party 2014. Take a look at the sticky threads that offer chances to win items by the NPCs, as well as Beach Party Contests that has several contests for a chance to win items (the contest range from haikus, art, story, avatar and more). I also recommend this thread that has good chances of winning items.

gaia_angelleft I recommend logging in daily and doing the daily chance. The more often you log in the better the payout which include items, gold and charms. The charms is what is used to craft items. However I have found that it's better to sell the charms.

gaia_angelleft I recommend doing achievements the reason why is because it helps unlock features such as having 20 slots in your store to sell items instead of 10. There two achievement guides that can help you get all the achievements possible here and here

gaia_angelleft This is the achievements forum where you will find other like-minded individuals who are trying to get achievements

gaia_angelleft If you are going to be purchasing gaia cash I would recommend never buying gold generators as they devalue gold meaning you cannot purchase as many items in the long run. Instead purchase items and keep what you want or sell them on the marketplace. Always choose items, they are a better investment in the long run even in our shaky economy

gaia_angelleft This explains some of the recent issues that we've had to deal with in terms of inflation

gaia_angelleft This forum is for Gaia guides and can be extremely useful for many different topics such as items, achievements, references that items make and more.

gaia_angelleft Lastly some forums to consider are:
gaia_spoons Chatterbox (allows anything that doesn't break TOS),
gaia_spoons Friends Chat (for making and keeping friends),
gaia_spoons Word Games and Others (for word games and other post games),
gaia_spoons Entertainment discussion includes forums for anime/manga/cartoons, entertainment, music, gaming and lots of subforums
gaia_spoons Gaia gaming includes forums to discuss the games on Gaia, as well mini-shops (such as selling your art, or buying art), gaia exchange (buying or selling items for a combination of items and/or gold), and a forum for setting up quests
gaia_spoons Artists Corner to talk about art or writing
gaia_spoons Gaia Community is about us--you can find forums for talking about the Gaia community, health and fitness, life discussions and more.
gaia_spoons Gaia Online forum is about talking and learning about Gaia so here's where you leave your feedback, ask questions, post about bugs and the like.

gaia_angelleft If you have any questions about the specifics of the site there are many people willing to help you out at Site Questions and Assistance

gaia_crown Welcome to Gaia and I hope you enjoy your stay! gaia_crown
Silci
well, i suppose that that's good. haha. makes things easier, i bet. plus, your avi is pretty darn cute already. :>

as for notifications when you reply to this thread, no i do not get them because i am not subscribed to the thread. i just keep checking back every now and then. if you did want me to get a notification though, you could quote me and then i'd know when you responded to one of my replies.

Gracious Spirit

7,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sheshira

Wow that's a lot of information. @-@ But I'll definitely look over it; much appreciated! Thanks! smile

chara st claire

Your avatar is gorgeous as well! ^_^ It's too bad that we can't customize our avatars from scratch when we sign up anymore. :/ I picked her because she had cute hair and now she's possessed me to dress her up in pink and black. @p@

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Silci
Sheshira

Wow that's a lot of information. @-@ But I'll definitely look over it; much appreciated! Thanks! smile

chara st claire

Your avatar is gorgeous as well! ^_^ It's too bad that we can't customize our avatars from scratch when we sign up anymore. :/ I picked her because she had cute hair and now she's possessed me to dress her up in pink and black. @p@

No problem. I took a hiatus and didn't know about the grant links thread (or that they were there) and spent a lot of gold on stuff I could have gotten for free. surprised So I want to spread this information to help newer Gaians out...

As for the rest of the stuff yeah it's a lot of information sweatdrop I wasn't sure if the Welcoming Fairy was working or not since she seems really glitchy at times.. xp
Silci
oh, why thank you so much. haha. compared to a lot of others' avatars, i think that mine is rather simple, but i'm kind of partial to that.

it is kind of a shame that you can't customize what your avatar looks like when you sign up though. in any case, the way you dressed her up is cute. c:

Gracious Spirit

7,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sheshira
I did get a PM from the welcoming fairy when I signed up, but nothing in the message was very useful. xD A lot of basic information that I would have figured out in 5 minutes anyway, so I really appreciate you helping newbies out. smile

chara st claire
I've always been far too fancy on my designs; seeing your simple avatar is quite refreshing. c: I haven't been able to put together a simple outfit after browsing all the shops, so kudos to you! xD
Silci
there's nothing wrong with fancy designs at all, i just don't know if they're the thing for me. i've been tempted to build one a couple of times, but then i always end up rethinking it before i actually go through with it. but thanks so much again! i shall take those kudos and shove them in my pocket for later.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Silci

Hm okay, you know I'm wondering if they shouldn't just condense the Welcoming Fairy into a few parts instead of 30 days of private messages and then give out information that will help Gaians starting out... surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff