Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would like to say hello to the anime community. I'm so new to this stuff and don't know much about posting in feeds or blogs or whatever these things are referred to by. I know we can go shopping and dress our Avatars but I don't know how to purchase an item in the stores. I was also wondering if there was a way to enlarge the item chosen. I click the item but nothing happens and I can't seem to find a buy or checkout tab. If anyone could help me out I would be very grateful. I'm not sure if you can mail me on this site but my name is Yuuki-Kaname-Kuran-Zero. Thank you in advance.

heart

Generous Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
Yuuki-Kaname-Kuran-Zero
I would like to say hello to the anime community. I'm so new to this stuff and don't know much about posting in feeds or blogs or whatever these things are referred to by. I know we can go shopping and dress our Avatars but I don't know how to purchase an item in the stores. I was also wondering if there was a way to enlarge the item chosen. I click the item but nothing happens and I can't seem to find a buy or checkout tab. If anyone could help me out I would be very grateful. I'm not sure if you can mail me on this site but my name is Yuuki-Kaname-Kuran-Zero. Thank you in advance.

heart

Sounds like the stores might be glitching on you, dear. Maybe wait a day and try again? When you click an item in the store it should pop up a window with the item on you, along with other things you have on. Under your avi are buttons to manipulate what items on you are shown along with the item you're trying on: just the item and nothing else, what you currently have saved, and what you're wearing in your dressing room (where you edit your avi). If the problem persists, find the Bug Report forum and report it; keep in mind to read announcements at the tops of forum pages to ensure your post won't get recycled or moved because it wasn't posted right, and check the first page or so to see if someone else hasn't already posted your complaint.

As for how all this works, different areas to post are called forums. Then there are subforums, as well; for instance, Welcome to Gaia is a forum, and Friends Chat is a subforum of Welcome to Gaia. Within forums are posted topics, like the one you've created here, called threads (think of a string of comments under one header). In the threads are individual posts, or comments. Sometimes you'll see a post that simply says, "bump". Whenever a new comment is posted, that thread gets moved to the top of the list; in other words, bumped to the top.

There is such a thing as mail on Gaia, it's called a personal message - PM. Find it when you hover over a person's "online/offline" bar, along with other options, like visiting their profile or starting a trade.

So send me a PM if you need anything else; just hover over the bar under my avi/info, click "send PM", write one up, and send it. I'll get it privately, and will see it within a minute or so, or the next time I log on.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to Gaia!
Writerly Ink
If the problem persists, find the Feedback forum and report it

Careful with names and whatnot. You've got the right link, but the name for the forum for reporting issues is "Bug Report and Technical Support" - only saying something because not everybody will use the link and will just recall that it was the "feedback forum" (which makes one think Site Feedback) to use to report such issues, where they'll most likely just get chewed out for posting in the wrong place.

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I noticed everyone seems to have given the help you need so I'm not much of a help from here on but if you're looking for some new items, I could help. Everything became expensive lately

Generous Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Writerly Ink
If the problem persists, find the Feedback forum and report it

Careful with names and whatnot. You've got the right link, but the name for the forum for reporting issues is "Bug Report and Technical Support" - only saying something because not everybody will use the link and will just recall that it was the "feedback forum" (which makes one think Site Feedback) to use to report such issues, where they'll most likely just get chewed out for posting in the wrong place.

Thank you; I changed my mind while creating the link, and never fixed the name.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff