I Fight Drunk
Everything costs an arm and a leg now.

Tipsy Tycoon

13,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
Welcome back!

I suppose today had been dubbed "return of the elderly Gaians"?
I'm also popping back into Gaia since around '09 or so (aside from my occasional desire to check out the progression of event items).

The massive inflation in the MP has my head spinning.
My Ancient Katana has had a selling price of around 1 mil and suddenly it's nearly 24 mil!
Even the G-Bot which was always around 6-15k is suddenly 167k.

What is this nonsense?
@.@

Mega Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Venima_Celestia
I'm back after 5yrs too. My best/funnest times were from 2005-2008. Then got busy with college & work & stopped logging in. I missed the fantasy, forums, games & uniqueness of Gaia. I used to but the gaia gift cards from the store for cash or gold but now stores don't sell them. Love the advanced costumes, accessories, etc! But yup super expensive. & it's it just me or do gaians not post as much anymore? Line all their currency comes from pay pal. I miss the activity & life Gaia had.

Actually it was a HUGE break up that got me to begin distancing myself from gaia. I had two failed relationships on here, and I kinda started venturing off on Facebook. Then that became my obession, lol. I'm still into FB a LOT, but this is the first time since 09 that I have logged in for more than a day! SO I'm hoping this means i'm making a comeback! I've even posted in the mini shops forum looking for a CSS expert/user profile creator. xD I want a new profile. I kinda NEED one razz

Bichon Noir
OMG! Thank you for this thread! I felt like it was about 5 years too, did the math and it's more like 8 (I know I'm an ancient old timer, I played for a good 3 years too before I quit 8 years ago!) Do towns work still? Whatever happened to the old (or BRAND NEW when I quit) movie theater?! I liked throwing popcorn. rofl

I haven't yet explored the towns!!! That's more so because even when I was active on here all those years ago, they were filled with children and little boys wanting to have e-sex. LOL Everywhere I went "You're a girl. Wanna have teh secks?" lol I was over it.

Devvy Bear
Hello and welcome back ^^

Thank you! biggrin

d e f i b u l a t o r
Welcome back!

I suppose today had been dubbed "return of the elderly Gaians"?
I'm also popping back into Gaia since around '09 or so (aside from my occasional desire to check out the progression of event items).

The massive inflation in the MP has my head spinning.
My Ancient Katana has had a selling price of around 1 mil and suddenly it's nearly 24 mil!
Even the G-Bot which was always around 6-15k is suddenly 167k.

What is this nonsense?
@.@

I know right!? My angelic pendant is around 78MIL the last I checked. Last I remember it was only 6mil. Before I quit I was questing golden laurels. I don't even wanna bother looking in the MP to see how much that's gone up... x_x

Tipsy Tycoon

13,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
Quote:
I know right!? My angelic pendant is around 78MIL the last I checked. Last I remember it was only 6mil. Before I quit I was questing golden laurels. I don't even wanna bother looking in the MP to see how much that's gone up... x_x

Oh dear...
I just looked at the price and it's not too far off from the value of your angelic pendant.

I had a ton of GC saved up (never spent a penny, thank goodness) and I tried a RIG item.
I got 12,000,000 gold just from a cheap $1.50 real cash value item!

Aigoo.
I'm too old for this kind of nonsense.
@.@

Mega Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
d e f i b u l a t o r
Quote:

Oh dear...
I just looked at the price and it's not too far off from the value of your angelic pendant.

I had a ton of GC saved up (never spent a penny, thank goodness) and I tried a RIG item.

Aigoo.
@.@

Are you kidding me?! UGH...

See, I'd go the GC route but I have spent WELL over $500 on gaia over the many years I've been here. >.< I'm tempted to just keep it cheaps, but I know myself... I'm an impulse buyer. razz

This is why I don't have credit cards! LMAO

Tipsy Tycoon

13,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
A Spoonful of Cinnamon
d e f i b u l a t o r
Quote:

Oh dear...

Aigoo.
@.@

Are you kidding me?! UGH...

See, I'd go the GC route but I have spent WELL over $500 on gaia over the many years I've been here. >.< I'm tempted to just keep it cheaps, but I know myself... I'm an impulse buyer. razz

This is why I don't have credit cards! LMAO

LOL!
I hear you.
I lucked out when it came to Gaia and real cash.
I quit shortly after the Cash Shop came around (when I received my very first credit card) but before they had Paypal.
By the time they allowed Paypal payments, I lost interest in Gaia.
If it didn't work out as perfectly as it did, I could see myself having lost a good chunk of cash just so I could try the RIG items.

On the bright side, I was finally able to buy everything I ever wanted from Dernier Cri since I'd consider that shop to be on the affordable side now compared to the MP.
xD

Mega Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
d e f i b u l a t o r

LOL!
I hear you.
I lucked out when it came to Gaia and real cash.
I quit shortly after the Cash Shop came around (when I received my very first credit card) but before they had Paypal.
By the time they allowed Paypal payments, I lost interest in Gaia.
If it didn't work out as perfectly as it did, I could see myself having lost a good chunk of cash just so I could try the RIG items.

On the bright side, I was finally able to buy everything I ever wanted from Dernier Cri since I'd consider that shop to be on the affordable side now compared to the MP.
xD

OK so, ever since you started talking about GC, I couldn't get it out of my brain, LOL. I caved and bought some GC. I figure $20 bucks worth is a safe amount. I look at it as helping me with my diet. razz The $20 I would have spent in about two-three weeks on fast food, has been spent on GC, therefore it was a smart buy! haha.

I'm several years older than when I last bought GC, so hopefully I've matured enough to have learned from my over GC spending mistakes! LOL

Last time I bought GC, I didn't have rent and utilities to pay either, so that'll help! xD
Welcome back to Gaia! biggrin

Mega Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Green Tea Chi
Welcome back to Gaia! biggrin

Thank you! smile

Liberal Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Welcome back! ninja

Mega Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
iamiwhoami
Welcome back! ninja

Thank you! heart

Liberal Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
A Spoonful of Cinnamon
iamiwhoami
Welcome back! ninja

Thank you! heart

Love your demonic pendant. I am actually "back" to Gaia as well. I played back in 2006 and then put it off, now I'm trying to see if I can get my account back. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff