Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Gaia, you strange strange place you. I've never really looked into Gaia before, though I'd heard about it frequently from friends, so I finally decided to check it out. It seems to be a lot more social and a lot less... well, to be honest I don't quite know what I was expecting. xD

In any case, my interests right now mainly involve Pokémon and League of Legends (I'm almost always gaming somewhere), with the occasional anime in the form of Higurashi and Death Note and other such creepy/mysterious anime. I'm looking for more anime along similar style to watch, but haven't heard any suggestions in a while, so if you know any (don't bother with Umineko, of course I've seen it ;D) please let me know and you'll be my favorite person ever! <3

For those interested, my username is one I've been using for a long time that is a simple play on the word 'discovery,' since I always seem to be curious about things that I don't know about, which is a good part of the reason I'm here as well!

I normally listen to a lot of J-Pop and J-Rock, with a dabble of K-Pop and US Rock here and there as well. People manage to make amazing music with Vocaloids on a regular basis, and I have a ton of respect for Gackt who took two people's Vocaloid creations and turned them into high production value songs, they were just so... beautiful. <3

In any case, I guess that's enough about my interests for now. I've noticed there seem to be guilds or something like that for people of similar interests, how does that work? I'm definitely interested in looking into Pokémon in particular; I heard from a friend there are places with Gym Leaders and Elite Four and a Champion and everything? It sounds amazing, and it'd be a lot of fun poking through there and seeing how I stand up against them. biggrin

Also, where can I go for help about post formatting? I've seen some really interesting post designs already and it looks like a lot of fun to set up.

Generous Kitten

14,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Hello and welcome to gaia, feel free to ask me any questions

Noob

Welcome Disca Vera!

After wandering a little I found this area that will be a huge help with helping you find codes/designs to help you find a format. Hope you enjoy your stay!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/f.92/

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
Hello there! Welcome to Gaia. Feel free to shoot me a friend request since it seems we like many things in common. (Pokemon! Typhlosion is my baby.)

Also, if you want a good anime along the lines of Higurashi, you can trying watching Another. It's pretty good.
Hello and welcome to Gaia~
I'm sure you will find many people with the same interest. =3

Would you join us~
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Wicked Tea Party
Hello there! Welcome to Gaia. Feel free to shoot me a friend request since it seems we like many things in common. (Pokemon! Typhlosion is my baby.)

Also, if you want a good anime along the lines of Higurashi, you can trying watching Another. It's pretty good.

Thanks, that looks amazing! I'm sure we'll get along just fine. :3

And thanks for the obvious pointer that I didn't take the time to figure out for myself, Bleecker! xD I'm so lazy sometimes, tyty

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
Disca Vera
Wicked Tea Party

Thanks, that looks amazing! I'm sure we'll get along just fine. :3

And thanks for the obvious pointer that I didn't take the time to figure out for myself, Bleecker! xD I'm so lazy sometimes, tyty

No problem! I'm sure you'll like it! And Gackt! Paranoid Doll ftw!
Welcome! If you love gaming, go to the game section and play zOMG. I must warn you that it is quite addictive. But lots of Gaians play it, so you should totally give it a try.

If you want some friends, you can add me and/or go to the guild It's a girl thing and chat with other girls. There are plenty of gamers there too. And lots of them like pokemon too.

PM me with any questions you might have and I will try to answer them!

Shy Sweetheart

Hello and welcome to Gaia ^^

Popular Worshipper

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Disca Vera
Hello Gaia, you strange strange place you. I've never really looked into Gaia before, though I'd heard about it frequently from friends, so I finally decided to check it out. It seems to be a lot more social and a lot less... well, to be honest I don't quite know what I was expecting. xD

In any case, my interests right now mainly involve Pokémon and League of Legends (I'm almost always gaming somewhere), with the occasional anime in the form of Higurashi and Death Note and other such creepy/mysterious anime. I'm looking for more anime along similar style to watch, but haven't heard any suggestions in a while, so if you know any (don't bother with Umineko, of course I've seen it ;D) please let me know and you'll be my favorite person ever! <3

For those interested, my username is one I've been using for a long time that is a simple play on the word 'discovery,' since I always seem to be curious about things that I don't know about, which is a good part of the reason I'm here as well!

I normally listen to a lot of J-Pop and J-Rock, with a dabble of K-Pop and US Rock here and there as well. People manage to make amazing music with Vocaloids on a regular basis, and I have a ton of respect for Gackt who took two people's Vocaloid creations and turned them into high production value songs, they were just so... beautiful. <3

In any case, I guess that's enough about my interests for now. I've noticed there seem to be guilds or something like that for people of similar interests, how does that work? I'm definitely interested in looking into Pokémon in particular; I heard from a friend there are places with Gym Leaders and Elite Four and a Champion and everything? It sounds amazing, and it'd be a lot of fun poking through there and seeing how I stand up against them. biggrin

Also, where can I go for help about post formatting? I've seen some really interesting post designs already and it looks like a lot of fun to set up.

Welcome to Gaia! And yay Pokemon! heart
Wicked Tea Party
And Gackt! Paranoid Doll ftw!

Oh yeah, we're gonna get along juuuust fine. :3

Cece Dusk
Welcome! If you love gaming, go to the game section and play zOMG. I must warn you that it is quite addictive. But lots of Gaians play it, so you should totally give it a try.

If you want some friends, you can add me and/or go to the guild It's a girl thing and chat with other girls. There are plenty of gamers there too. And lots of them like pokemon too.

Thanks, I think I might check that out soon enough, after I'm done doing all this funny lurking stuff that I'm already becoming accustomed to~ Expect a PM in the next day or so when I start figuring things out around here. xD

Ishamzz

Why thank you! Pokémon is just so awesome, and has been since the good ol' classics of Red and Blue. Never got the people who don't like the newer games, the new Pokémon are just as innovative as the nine-tailed fox and giant piles of sludge of Gen 1. biggrin

But let's not start that fight here. lol

Sorry these replies took so long, still getting used to things and there's a LOT to get used to. pirate

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
Disca Vera
Wicked Tea Party
And Gackt! Paranoid Doll ftw!

Oh yeah, we're gonna get along juuuust fine. :3

Cece Dusk

Thanks, I think I might check that out soon enough, after I'm done doing all this funny lurking stuff that I'm already becoming accustomed to~ Expect a PM in the next day or so when I start figuring things out around here. xD

Ishamzz

Why thank you! Pokémon is just so awesome, and has been since the good ol' classics of Red and Blue. Never got the people who don't like the newer games, the new Pokémon are just as innovative as the nine-tailed fox and giant piles of sludge of Gen 1. biggrin

But let's not start that fight here. lol

Sorry these replies took so long, still getting used to things and there's a LOT to get used to. pirate

Yess! It'll be awesome!

Beloved Mage

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hello, welcome to Gaia biggrin

Thieving Treasure

Disca Vera

You can go into Guilds from the Forums tab on the menu at the top of your screen. Once there, you can search keywords to find a guild you like. Click on the link to enter and hit "Join Guild" near the top of their page. Some guilds have entrance requirements; some don't.

As for formatting, try looking here (offsite link). (Not all of the codes work on Gaia--e.g., streams, item tooltips, preformatted text--but the rest should. There are guides floating around our forums--search "bbcode" or smth similar, or check out the Guides and Resources forums here.

You can also set up a test forum to test and post whatever you want without many people seeing it. The list is by no means exhaustive, but in my test forum I have a list of some symbols and colours that you are more than welcome to copy. (Go to the forum, quote the post you want, copy what you want, back out, and paste it into your own test thread.)

Hope this helps! And welcome to Gaia! ^_^

Invisible Fatcat

Disca Vera

Welcome to Gaia :]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces