16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
MiakaYuuki78
Queen-of-the-Rogue
MiakaYuuki78
Queen-of-the-Rogue
How many friends can we have in game? A lot of my friends don't seem to be showing up.

They may not have started playing yet. It only shows friend who have actually opened the game and started playing it.

On topic - Thanks for bringing these games over, Scott. It's always nice to have new ways to kill time.

No it is even when they are open and playing because I used one of my mules on a different browser and tested it. She could see me but I couldn't see her.

I love the game though it's totally addicting.

Ah, ok. So maybe there is a limit. (And just to be sure, you know you can scroll left/right through your friends, right? I figure you know this, but thought I should mention just in case.)

Yep. Multiple Times to make sure I wasn't missing them. I'm just curious as to what the official limit is as I was adding people left and right to help them and if there's a limit then I'm going to take off the ones who don't show up so they can get friends who can actually help them. I'd also like to have some slots open in case some of my actual Gaia friends decide to play it. Know what I mean>

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
ViximoScott
Hey everyone,

My name is Scott, and I work at Viximo. I'm the person at Viximo responsible for working with Gaia to make sure we get good games out to you all. Please feel free to post questions for us, and we'll answer as best we can. I can't promise I'll answer everything, or that I'll be able to immediately - but I'll do my best.

Nice to meet you all!

Scott

all i can say is thank goodness they brought apps here. the amount of time over the past few years i spend playing apps is ridiculous. i spend a lot of time on facebook because of it. the fact i could do this on gaia is phenomenal. though you might wanna talk to a mod about having ONE "official" add me stick for each game. seems a waste to have 24834823048230948230 of them.

Aged Gaian

Graceangel

I'd actually prefer an "Add Me" Subforum, like they have for the Monster Galaxy forum.

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
I don't visit that forum ever, so I didn't know they had that. I agree then. they definitely need it. There'll be so many add me threads in here. All the other game related threads will get buried under hte add me's.
Quintafeira12
Do you play the games? Can I Beat you to a shade of your former self?

Oh, Quint, why you gotta be like that? ;D

I do play them, but not very much - I tend to play BYM more than RW when I do. Mostly, I'm going to be busy answering you folks in the forums when I can & working on my other responsibilities at Viximo.

So likely, you're already too high level to come find me and kick my butt. biggrin
RafiCat
when I click to thank a friend for helping me, the screen dims for a few seconds, and then nothing else happens. Is that what its supposed to do?

Also, can you give me more shiny please? xd

Hey Rafi - That's not definitely not right. Which game is this in? What exactly are you clicking?

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT: Oh, and no! Do I look like I'm made of Shiny?! biggrin
Dancing Dove Mule
Hi Scott thanks for bringing these games over. I'm loving Resort World. On that game while I'm positng things for my friends it tends to freeze Gaia up but not the rest of the Browser. It's a little annoying. It also happens when I try and repair a friends building. Any clue what's up with that?

Weird. That's not something we've seen, and as far as I can tell not a lot of other people are seeing it... my best hunch is that it might be your computer running slowly. Do you have an older computer?

You might want to think about cleaning out your temporary files, browser cache, etc. That can help speed things up.
Queen-of-the-Rogue
MiakaYuuki78
Queen-of-the-Rogue
MiakaYuuki78
Queen-of-the-Rogue
How many friends can we have in game? A lot of my friends don't seem to be showing up.

They may not have started playing yet. It only shows friend who have actually opened the game and started playing it.

On topic - Thanks for bringing these games over, Scott. It's always nice to have new ways to kill time.

No it is even when they are open and playing because I used one of my mules on a different browser and tested it. She could see me but I couldn't see her.

Ah, ok. So maybe there is a limit. (And just to be sure, you know you can scroll left/right through your friends, right? I figure you know this, but thought I should mention just in case.)

Yep. Multiple Times to make sure I wasn't missing them. I'm just curious as to what the official limit is as I was adding people left and right to help them and if there's a limit then I'm going to take off the ones who don't show up so they can get friends who can actually help them. I'd also like to have some slots open in case some of my actual Gaia friends decide to play it. Know what I mean>

I know what you mean. Just to make sure, are you adding those friends inside the game itself? Just because they are your friend on Gaia and playing one of the games, in a lot of games you need to invite them to become a neighbor anyway. Let me know if you've done that, and I can look into it.

Scott

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
ViximoScott
Queen-of-the-Rogue
MiakaYuuki78
Queen-of-the-Rogue
MiakaYuuki78
Queen-of-the-Rogue

I know what you mean. Just to make sure, are you adding those friends inside the game itself? Just because they are your friend on Gaia and playing one of the games, in a lot of games you need to invite them to become a neighbor anyway. Let me know if you've done that, and I can look into it.

Scott

No because they all showed up after I added them on Gaia. How do you add them on Resort World? Is it the Invite your Friend Feature because otherwise I haven't seen anything.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm loving this game and am on level 6. It's addicting and I'm trying to learn the limits for the things like friends while I work on building my obstacle course.

Mega Hoarder

ViximoScott
RafiCat
when I click to thank a friend for helping me, the screen dims for a few seconds, and then nothing else happens. Is that what its supposed to do?

Also, can you give me more shiny please? xd

Hey Rafi - That's not definitely not right. Which game is this in? What exactly are you clicking?

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT: Oh, and no! Do I look like I'm made of Shiny?! biggrin

in backyard monsters, and when it notifys me that a friend has helped, and offers to let me thank them, usually it just dims the screen for a few seconds. once or twice it has actually popped up a thank you screen to send.
Queen-of-the-Rogue

No because they all showed up after I added them on Gaia. How do you add them on Resort World? Is it the Invite your Friend Feature because otherwise I haven't seen anything.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm loving this game and am on level 6. It's addicting and I'm trying to learn the limits for the things like friends while I work on building my obstacle course.

Whoops, my bad. I was thinking of a different game - both of those games add your friends automatically. So, they should be showing up.

We're asking with the developers if there are limits for the number of RW friends. More once I know it!

Scott

Aged Gaian

ViximoScott

Queen-of-the-Rogue

A lot of people have been adding friends in a new tab, so they haven't refreshed the game. If they don't refresh the game, the new additions won't show.
RafiCat
in backyard monsters, and when it notifys me that a friend has helped, and offers to let me thank them, usually it just dims the screen for a few seconds. once or twice it has actually popped up a thank you screen to send.

The developer actually got back to us really fast, and let us know that there is no limit to the number of friends, and to remove a friend you would unfriend them on Gaia.

I'd say, see if the friends are showing up in the next day or two - it will likely sort itself out on its own.

Scott

Mega Hoarder

ViximoScott
RafiCat

The developer actually got back to us really fast, and let us know that there is no limit to the number of friends, and to remove a friend you would unfriend them on Gaia.

I'd say, see if the friends are showing up in the next day or two - it will likely sort itself out on its own.

Scott

um... that wasn't my question, lol
Hey, welcome to the place. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out