Welcome to Gaia! ::

why r they so impeccable?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

sometimes it even puzzles me to see how a anime character's appearence is... u think u can spare me some reason y they look like dat?
You mean like they're eyes? Probably to show more emotion in them. Or do mean like female's boobs? If so, it's probably to entice more of the male following.

Professional Witch

Because they're cartoons?
One word. Expand. x___X

Ex: I think the grand canyon looks funny. Why does it look like that?

Better Ex: I think the grand canyon has an interesting shape and form. The colors are also out of the ordinary. Does anyone know why this is?
and their eyes will always be shaking
Because they're cartoons?

And because the creator draws them like that? -.o;

Dapper Gaian

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Exaggeration (I hope I spelled that right) makes perfection and makes you understand the situation a little bit better
what do you mean? do you mean like big eyebrows like amarou (FLCL) or rock lee? well i guess they made them like that so they can be recognised more easily because they have big eyebrows i mean i call amarou eyebrow man.
It's just the style of drawing. I mean, why do the majority of American Comic stars have muscles to boot? It's just how it was created ^_^ And I do agree with the above posts: exaggeration and emotion make up a HUGE part of it.

The Japanese culture, or so I have found in my experience, focuses a lot of time on the beauty of life itself, as opposed to all the materialistic values in today's society. Yes, I know they are one of the most highly technologically advanced countries, but spiritually and religiously, the general archetypal "coming of age" kind of a story is EVERYWHERE. Because many teens read manga/see anime, and most teens go through angsty periods, anime kind of...brings out what they feel in literal and metaphoric ways. Overly exaggerated (redundant...) physical traits are a way of expressing what they are feeling.

Wow, that was way to deep and most likely innacurrate for 2 AM...it had to be the Code Red eek

Wealthy Lover

It's coz they're cartoons.

They portrays what we want in our lifes - Looks, figure, and excitement. Having said that, would you want to see an anime with an average person with an average life? Going to school/work and coming home at night?
Asinastra
what do you mean? do you mean like big eyebrows like amarou (FLCL) or rock lee? well i guess they made them like that so they can be recognised more easily because they have big eyebrows i mean i call amarou eyebrow man.

;0; Yay Rock Lee~~!!
*ahem*

i agree with Asinastra.
They give those "apperances" to certain characters mainly because they want the viewers to reconize the character. Everyone has a unquie feature about them, so what's so wrong with anime characters having physical features that stand out?

Also, what other's have posted (Sirious81 and Yuki), it IS the artist style. If they want to make them that way, its because they want to. Usually this leads to a more "creative/original character" and making is quite known or popular.
So true! I think having anime characters stand out physically just makes them so much easier to recognize: you look at them closer and it helps you relate them back to yourself!

Also, with what Dragain said, excellent point! Seriously, have any of you ever seen a Japanese person with skin as light as it is in half the anime you've seen? lol Anime is just an escape, I guess. w00t
Because realism isn't "cool" these days.
Spiral the Long
Because realism isn't "cool" these days.

yes i agree..
Cause giant animated boobies make the otaku happy.

I made myself sad. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces