Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

What in the world is a Volu?

Found only in the deepest wooded areas of Gaia, the volu is a unique mouselike mustelid, born without a gender, that often nests in the base of rotted trees, half burrowed in the ground. They are a carniverous creature, that has the (known) capacity to digest only two sorts of plants: mirca leaves, and everfernes, both of which are eaten only once, after the creature is matured and ready to develop a gender. The plants have a deciding factor.

Volu are more commonly found in woody, natural colors... sometimes striped, spotted, or neither. Occasionally brighter colors have been known to surface, as well as odd patterns, but they are certainly rare. There are rumors that several mutant species have serfaced... volu that have developed longer tails, feathers, wings, antaennae, and other odd features. This has not been confirmed, however, and is probably just an old wives tale.

Volu are hairless and blind at birth, but the coloring of their skin gives some insight onto whether or not they will be lighter or darker colored. It takes two weeks for a volu to fully mature. After a few days their spots or stripes will be visible, and after one week, they will reach full size. A volu may breed only four times a year, producing litters of three to six young. Those volu who mate for life have a chance at having more young in their litters, but will refuse to breed with volu outside of their mates, and if their mate dies, it will usually die from heartbreak.

User Image

User Image

4/26/06 - Ursah Bunny is taking a short haitus from gaia, to catch up on some RL things that she has been lagging behind in. If you need Ursah Bunny for a shop related matter, please post in the guild under the "Ursah's To-do List" thread.

Thank you and sorry everyone! heart

You may purchase one of the following v-day inspired items. (You don't have to put it on a volu today if you don't want)

2/14/06 - This Day Only!

You may purchase one of the following v-day inspired items. (You don't have to put it on a volu today if you don't want)

(Items taken down to prevent confusion)

1/19/06- The Next breeding nests will be available on February 14, a day of fertility for volu! All nests will have at least 5 babies.

The nests will be distrubuted like this:

2 nests to the cutest rped couple volu (must be two owners, not one with two volu)
1 nest via free raffle
1 nest via auction, which opens February 13 and lasts 24 hours.

1/19/06- The volu item shop is now open! Feel free to post suggestions for new items in the thread. If I like the idea, I'll make the item. Scroll down to the bottom of the front page for the item shop!

12/10/05- Prices on some of the holiday giftboxes have been raised, in order that I do not get overwhelmed with coloring! See the first post for a link to our Christmas Party thread!!

11/17/05- The Old News has been cleared. We are up and running again, and have two holiday events for you to choose from. Read more about them below! Please note that the gift boxes and the secret santa project do not have anything to do with each other!

Today is Ursah's Gaia Birthday, and she is having a free raffle to celebrate! Hop on over to THIS THREAD to participate! heart

Our Next Flatsale is schedule for tomorrow, around noon central time

User Image

1. You may only purchase one volu per flatsale, unless it is noted otherwise. You may purchase a volu from a flatsale AND from an auction. You may purchase a flatsale volu even if you have just recieved young from a breeding, or been given one as a gift.

2. Please do not change the filename of your volu image. This filename is used to keep shop records.

3. Your volu may occupy only one breeding nest each time they are offered. This means you may have two in one nest, or one in one nest, paired with another. You may not occupy multiple nests.

4. One young from breedings must be given to the shop. You must give the young to the shop -before- it is grown.

5. Feel free to take your volu image and use it in different ways. You may shrink it, crop it, put it on a background, etcetera, as long as you do not claim the artwork as your own. Please do not draw over the existing artwork, or re-color it.

6. Your volu must be registered and gendered before it will be allowed to breed.

7. Please note, if your volu is not registered, and you are not on gaia for six months or longer, your volu will be sold! Registered volu, however, are never sold.
There WILL be a timestamp for this flatsale. After I post Go, you may request your choice of volu. Only one per flatsale.

User Image

Flatsale Young:
Send trades to Ursah Bunny
1.5k regular, 2k fae, 3k dark pixie, 4k butterfly, 6k elemental gems

none available

Flatsale Adults:
Send trades to Ursah Bunny
1.5k deepwood, 2k fae, 3k dark pixie, 2.5k cupid, 3.5k elemental, 4k chaos or as marked

none available

Colorist Flatsales:
(priced as marked, please SEND TRADES TO THE COLORIST LISTED after posting your interest in the thread.)

Please wait for the GO post, before making your request.

none currently available.

User Image
(priced according to your request)

Customs are available.

Custom lineart: 20k
(elementals and chaos volu are not available)
Custom Birdwing: 8k
Custom dark pixie or butterfly: 7k
Custom Fae or longtail: 6k
Custom deepwood: 5k

The price of a custom includes its registration and gendering. Please be detailed in your description of what you want, so Ursah can make the perfect volu for you! Ursah is only accepting pure gold at the moment.
User Image

none at this time.

User Image

none at this time!

User Image
<center>User Image</center>

Q. Can I direct link my volu?
A. PLEASE do, until they are grown up. After they are grown up, feel free to either direct link or save to your own server, but please don't change the file name!

Q. What is the plural of volu?
A. Volu.

Q. What are baby volu called?
A. Young.

Q. Why are some young pink, and some black?
A. Pink young grow up to be lightly colored. Dark young grow up to be darkly colored. It is unlikely that either will remain pink or black.

Q. How do I get my volu's name and gender on a certificate?
A. After your volu is an adult, you have the option of giving them a gender, and registering them. Unregistered volu do not have certificates.

Q. What do volu eat?
A. They are carniverous. They have a fond love for fat grubs. A few have a taste for sweet fruit, but it is not the staple of their diet.

Q. What noises do volu make?
A. Volu chitter, chirp, squeak, and can also hiss and growl. Volu can communicate to each other through these sounds.

Q. What are volu like?
A. Volu are as different as night and day from each other. They each have quite distinct personalities. Some noble, some shy, some hyper, some playful. Most volu are extremely intelligent, and a few have even been known to communicate with their owners telepathicly. They do not posess the vocal cords neccesary for human speech, however.

Q. How big is a volu?
A. See this chart. Click Here!

Q. Can I roleplay with my volu?
A. Yes!

Q. Can my volu have wings?
A. This is something they are born with, so if your volu does not already have wings, it can not have wings.

Q. Can I own more than one volu?
A. Yes. You may buy a volu each time they are offered wholesale. You can also buy them whenever auctions are available.

Q. How does my volu find a mate?
A. You can either rp it out, or have your volu become lifemates with another through ooc means. Whichever you choose, know that volu mate for life. And a pair of volu do not have to be mated to breed. The advantage of mating a pair is that they produce more young.

Q. How do I know what color my volu will be?
A. Unfortunately, you have to wait. The only thing that gives a clue is whether the young is pink or black.

Q. Can I give away or sell my volu?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I give away or sell my registered volu?
A. Yes, but there is a 1000g re-registration fee.

Q. How do I RP Elemental Volu?

A.
1. They must be touching their element at all times, or they can not exist.
2. They fade to near-transparancy if their element is weak, and solidify if it is strong.
3. Elemental volu can travel between short distances. For example, they can survive walking from one bonfire or puddle to another close by. If they stray too far from their element without reaching another, they will fade out of existance.
5. Elemental volu are as smart as humans, but they can not talk. They may be affectionate like a pet, or standoffish and better-than-thou. It depends on the personality of the one that was summoned.
6. The gems that summoned them are still around. The volu like to keep an eye on them. They do not gleam as they did before, they are less impressive in appearance.

Q. What is required to summon Elemental Volu?

A.
1. The gem must be touched by the light of the full moon.
2. The gem must be touching their element at the time of summoning.
3. Owner must have called to them with either their words or their soul.

Q. Do Elemental Volu have a gender?

A. Your elemental volu will not eat mirca leaves or everferne. They will assume a gender, simply by -you- expressing a desire that it act as one or another. Once you choose a gender, it is a permanant decision. It costs nothing.

<center>User Image</center>
User Image

Volu Pairings will produce 3 - 6 young
Breeders are required to give one up for adoption, and the rest may be decided upon amongst themselves.
Breeders may choose which young to keep.
Breeders may sell or auction their volu young at their own discretion, and for their own prices.
Nests cost 200 gold per volu.

User Image

Nest #1: Awwwwww!

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

Nest #2: Awwwwww!

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Nest #3: Awwwwww!

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Nest #4: Awwwwww!

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Grown Volu!

none at this time.

User Image
<center>User Image

Moved to the Guild Threads! heart

Owner's List

User Image</center>
User Image

Why register your Volu?

If your Volu is registered, it will be placed on a certificate that bears all of its information, including your name, which makes it impossible to steal. Only registered volus may breed. A volu may be registered only after it is mature. Registered volu will never be considered abandoned, and re-sold. Please see the following section on Gendering, if you are looking into registration.

Please understand that tags are NOT required in this shop.

User Image

Price: 200g
To be sent to the Tagger of your Choice

Please include the following information in the title of the trade
Volu File Name (the name of the image when you right click on it and look at properties)
Name of Volu
Mate (if any)

When registering multiple volu please PM the info,
or post it here in the thread and tell the Tagger of your Choice the page# it is on

Note: All trades sent for Tags and Gendering will not be confirmed
until your registration is completed and placed in the order pick up.

User Image

After your volu is matured, it will be ready, but not required, to choose a gender. A volu who eats a Mirca Leaf will become female, while a volu who eats an Everferne will become a male. These plants are rare, because they can only be seen in the light of a full moon. Volu without a gender may not breed. Most wish to gender their volu before registering them.

User ImageUser Image

Price: 200g
To be sent to the Tagger of your Choice

Please let me know which plant you wish to buy in the trade title,
This is how I know if you want a Male or Female Volu.

Note: All trades sent for Tags and Gendering will not be confirmed
until your registration is completed and placed in the order pick up.

User Image

We currently have several taggers available. Please see the example tags below to decide whom you would like to do your tagging.

SerasVictoria:
User Image

kittykato:
User Image

InfinitiesOfSoules:
SAMPLE PENDING
User Image

Welcome to the Volu Items Shop! Here you may purchase an item or two for your favorite volu. All items are color-customizable, or available simply in their default colors. Color customizing costs an extra 100g.

Item Rules:
1. Once an item is added to your volu, it can not be removed unless you save a backup image of your volu. It is your responsibility to keep a backup image available, and it is advised that you do so, just in case you decide later on that you don't like an item! I DO NOT have backup copies of your volu!

2. Items are for the following types of volu only, unless otherwise specified: Deepwood, Fae, Dark Pixie, Longtail, Butterfly, Air Elemental, Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, Earth Elemental, Chaos Lightning, Notail.

3. Please use the following order form to purchase your items. Post the ordering form in the thread, total your order, and send the total gold to Ursah Bunny. Please include the page number of the thread in which your order is on in the title of your trade.

Ordering Form:

Item Name:
Default Colors? y/n
Describe Cusom Colors if Applicable:
Price:
(Add 100g if custom colored)
Volu to put the item on: (filename or link please)
--------------------------------------------
Total:

User Image

Items Available
click item for an image
default colors are as shown, unless otherwise specified

Volu Collar - 150g
You may choose a charm of any shape with your customization

Royal Crown - 400g

Princess Tiara - 400g

Superhero Costume - 400g
Feel free to add any design with your customization

Pearl Necklace - 150g

Angelic Scarf - 300g

Floating Demon Wings - 300g

Grunny - 500g

Neck Ribbon - 300g

Nitemare Scarf - 500g

Halo - 100g

Pirate Costume - 350g
Default color includes a black eyepatch

Floating Angelic Wings - 300g

Striped Scarf - 400g
Default colors are red and green.

Reading Glasses - 150g
You may also customize the lense color, for a snazzy look!

Fae Potion - 1500g
This potion will transform your deepwood volu into a fae volu, your volette into a fairy volette, or your longtail volu into a longtail fae. The wings will match the coloring of your volu.

Hair Growth Potion - 4000g
This potion is rather tricky to brew, but it will turn your deepwood volu into a longtailed volu, or turn your longtail volu into a very shaggy volu.
User Image

Owner/Creator/Colourist/Items - Ursah Bunny
Co-Owner/Tagging/Colourist - SerasVictoria
Registration Tagging (retired) - Judyfay Sins
Tagging - Pata Lover
Tagging - InfinitiesOfSoules
Tagging - kittykato
Guest Colourist - Ganty
Guest Colourist - Dawnie .-. Chan
Guest Colourist - Lord Niku
Guest Colourist - Teckno
Guest Colourist - chaeval
Guest Colourist - Hiatus
Guest Colourist - kittykato
Guest Colourist - Silly Hizoko
Guest Colourist - Gullien
Guest Colourist - Petite Kitsune
Guest Colourist - InfinitiesOfSoules
Guest Colourist - Red_Rayn
Guest Colourist - Neith-Kia
Guest Colourist - Terrenity
Guest Colourist - unseasoned
Guest Colourist - Eamane
Guest Colourist - Draconayzia
User Image
This is a list of those currently waiting to have their volu registration processed.

This section is not currently being used. Post and pickup in thread.

User Image

This section is for Ursah Bunny to pick up certed volu from the taggers, and transfer them to the main account. Certed volu will be posted IN THE THREAD when they are in the correct account. Do not direct link the links below.

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash