Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is the hatred/unwelcoming truely necessary?

Yes, ma'am! The bible tells us so! 0.19512195121951 19.5% [ 24 ]
No, ma'am! God = <3. We should as well! 0.80487804878049 80.5% [ 99 ]
Total Votes:[ 123 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

I've seen many threads on this site, other sites, and many real life examples of this. Whenever people find ways that explain how something is not wrong, therefore capable of reducingthe "hate"/unacceptable level, many Christians find ways to try to counter them. I want to know why. These people are giving us opporitunities to welcome those who we never thought were welcome. They are giving us ways to help the world out by helping ourselves. They are giving us ways to love those who deserve to be loved and accepted by both us and society as a whole, so why are we denying them that?

Of course, the biggest debate is with homosexuality, so I will use that. People have given good/convincing proof on why homosexuality is not a sin or not bad, and yet, instead of welcoming it with open arms and open hearts, people insist upon finding ways to declare it false. I am not saying to just sit here and accept it for no reason. I think that you should research it and try to find the answer that you believe is correct. But you should try on behalf of wanting an excuse to love someone new, not deny it for the chance to keep bashing them. (This is not a debate on whether homosexuality is rigt or wrong. There are other threads for that - take them there. I was merely using homosexuality as an example - not discussion material.)

Do you love to hate? Do you love to be hated?

I know that I cannot talk to my mom about anything she thinks the bible disagrees with her views about. She tells me that I need to study the bible for myself more and stop feeding on what the "internetbooks/science crap" gives me. However, the internet/book/science crap has opened my eyes and my heart. In the end, I am not so much of a bitter, unaccepting person. Is that not what all these Gods seem to want?

I pretty much like everyone I associate with, and I don't hate anyone. Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of people that I do not like, but, in my opinion, it takes more energy to hate someone than it does to love them, like them, or dislike them. In the end, you've just wasted valuable time hating someone that you could have spent liking or loving someone else. I don't mind the internet/book/science crap.

But you know what had to happen first? I had to allow it to open my eyes. I had to welcome it with open arms and an open mind. The first step is not accepting it, but allowing it to enter your stream of thoughts.

I also want to know why Christians accept certain parts of the bible and not others. Leviticans is a popular defense, however, people have proven how it does not need to be followed and should not be. Why are we ignoring these? Is this part of the bible not good enough because it requires acceptance of more people? It requires loving more people? (Or maybe it just contradicts itself so much it's entirely impossible to follow? ^^)

Is hating really that much fun? (Note that I don't mean every case. I mean instances where one can learn more about something to make a decision rather than just doing whatever.)

So, again I ask why so many Christians are not willing to accept people when given the opporitunity.

Now, I am not saying to be gullible and believe everything that you see and hear. Common sense is good, no?

And this is also to the Christians who don't really "hate," bu disslike people such as gays and aborters and such who don't have a second (opposite) opinion to make a decision. Just disliking because that's what they have been taught to do.

Discuss:
~ Why so many people don't want to accept certain people when given a reasonable chance
~ Why so many people don't want to accept certain ideas " "
~ Why so many people keep trying to find ways to falsify these ideas/people when accpeting them could potentially make society a better place (especially when the evidence against is compelling)
~ What's so great/beneficial about not accepting people
~ Why you think God dislikes all these people and/or wants us to as well
~ Why they (certain people/ideas) are not worthy of being accepted (not "KOZ DA BIBEL SEZ SO!" Please, for Heaven's sake, use your own mind your religion is trying to steal from you)
~ Anything else pertaining to this thread

Do NOT discuss:
~ Random crap that has nothing to do with this thread.

heart
~DisasCatas

EDIT: I will clarify. The question is "Why don't so many Christians at least not seriously consider ways to stop the (counterproductive, in this case) hatred?" That is not implying that they have to ACCEPT the ways. My argument is, if they are presented with ways to possibly love and accept more people, then why do they just blow them off? If they look into it and decide that it is false, then that is fine. At least they considered it, right? They didn't just dismiss it as bologna {>.> why is it spelled like that...?)before they even tried to understand it. That's my point.
bcuz we aint haters lik u
lol2much
bcuz we aint haters lik u

Actually, she has a point.
Because Christians do not adapt well.
Because some people like to let someone else do the thinking for them, whether it is their parents, a politician, the pope, or their minister.
I see two votes for the first poll option. Please, if you disagree, I would love to hear why. Not for argument's sake, but I just want to hear about why you believe that.

Thanks to everyone who has replied thus far.
~DisasCatas
my relegion is right
tillwe
my relegion is right

About?
~DisasCatas
Four votes and still nothing.

C'mon!
~DisasCatas
tillwe
my relegion is right

wow, what a statement. about what? what is your religion?
I will tell you this: I have had a few run ins with non acceptant christians.
Disastrous Catastrophe
Four votes and still nothing.

C'mon!
~DisasCatas

Personally, I clicked the first option accidentally, because I'm tired. I imagine the rest are clicking without reading the question.

But, as per the first post, I think Christians choose to ignore the reasonings of nonchristian people who are trying to come up with solutions for the simple reason that these people don't ascribe to the same beliefs. It saddens me that Christianity has its basis in love, support, and the betterment of the world, but it often leads to people behaving like drones, quoting the bible without thinking about what the other side of the argument is trying to acomplish. I once got in a discussion with a ministerial student about the nature of the sacred, and while he insisted that he didn't want to be negative or shoot down my views, he eventually succumbed to the same old "this conversation is over" tactic by saying, "If you have no desire to listen to the Word of God, then you obviously have no desire to understand what is holy and have no modicum of sense. Please do not contact me again."

Why do Christians do this? I often think they have been brainwashed. Christianity is not negative; the people in it can be.
Christians seem to believe that the world revolves around their religion. Thye accept the Bible as the absolute truth because without it, they would have nothing to base their religion on. They take comfort in the fact that their Bible is supposedly the 'absolute truth', the fact that nothing, in their minds, can disprove the Bible, and therefire, they have a 'permenate' mantle onto which they can rest themselves.

Something like that anywyas sweatdrop

Quotable Prophet

Well, it is part of human nature to hate and fear what we don't understand. Christians have an entire book full of passages to support that. In ancient times, anyone who spoke of a faith or religion different from the one practiced by the norm was to be killed. Entire cultures were wiped out because of these differences, and it's likely that as time passed, the original way was lost.

What is Truth?

Actually, what most people do not sit down and realize is that all religion, all forms of belief are very narrow minded in some respects.

People who are secular or atheist look down upon religious and spiritual people and visa-versa.

Humanity in general needs to grow up and stop arrogantly declaring "I'm better than you!"

The Concept of your undoing...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces