Welcome to Gaia! ::

should the US at its court house display the ten comandment now i belive it should though not applying to everyone but yeah our country is founded apon that and honestly with out them our society would crumble please post you opinions and please dont bother others for thier opinions
How would it CRUMBLE without the 10 commandments?

I don't believe they should. Display it on your OWN property.

The US was founded on freedom not religion of any sort.

Furthermore, most of our founders were deist.

Dapper Gaian

Our country wasnt founded on that.
Only if they agree to display the laws and commandments from every other religion in the country that wants one up.
Gregon of Harrow
Only if they agree to display the laws and commandments from every other religion in the country that wants one up.

I could agree with that...

Liberal Ladykiller

The 10 commandments is bit much to display.

Saying God Bless doesn't bother me though.
So no they shouldn't be displayed.
How about some punctuation.

And no, the commandments should not be displayed. They have no significance, historical or otherwise, to our country.
SnoMan777
should the US at its court house display the ten comandment now i belive it should though not applying to everyone but yeah our country is founded apon that and honestly with out them our society would crumble please post you opinions and please dont bother others for thier opinions

Actually, the American government was influenced more by John Locke than Christianity. How would society crumble if the 10 commandments aren't displayed? Morality can be based on reason, we don't need a god to tell us what is right or wrong.
Gregon of Harrow

Tsk tsk! What about the atheists?!
Rossii
Gregon of Harrow

Perhaps a plaque that says "THERE IS NO GOD"
Rossii
Gregon of Harrow

Atheism is a religion? o_O
I guess they can have their plaque that says "We don't need a plaque".
SnoMan777
hould the US [,]at its court house[s,] display the [T]en [C]omandment[s?] [N]ow beli[e]ve it should[,] though not applying to everyone[,] but yeah our country is founded pon that.

What now?
Treaty of Tripoli, Art. XI
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
Gregon of Harrow
Rossii
Gregon of Harrow

Atheism is a religion? o_O
I guess they can have their plaque that says "We don't need a plaque".

Atheism as the belief that there are no gods is exactly as verifiable as Theism. Further, there are atheistic religions. You do not need a god or a church to have a religion.

A non-religious plaque could easily be simply something that says "All the plaques seen here are suspect." I would be pleased with that.
mitoguard
SnoMan777
hould the US [,]at its court house[s,] display the [T]en [C]omandment[s?] [N]ow beli[e]ve it should[,] though not applying to everyone[,] but yeah our country is founded pon that.

What now?
Treaty of Tripoli, Art. XI
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Thanks for posting that link. I never believed America was a christian nation, but its nice to have something very bluntly saying so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff